PDA

View Full Version : Oscar needs a home

Liz
19-Feb-06, 19:35
Oscar is a very friendly 12 year old cat who came into our care as his owners can no longer look after him due to health problems.

Sadly he is very unhappy in foster care, even though Kim his fosterer looks after him really well.

He is in very good health but is on steroids as he lost his appetite. However, I suspect that this is an emotional rather than a physical problem and if he got a home he may not need these anymore.

We are looking for a very special person to give him the home he deserves to live out his twilight years though he could live many more years as it is not uncommon for cats nowadays to reach 20 years of age.

So if you can give Oscar the home he needs please contact me. He will reward you with love and companionship.

His picture can be seen on www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk

grantyg
19-Feb-06, 22:07
He is gorgeous!
We already have to Cats from the Lenzie (glasgow branch)
But it is so tempting !
Come on folks give the cat a good home imagine those cold windy nights with him snuggled into you head! if he is anything like our 2!
I hope he gets a loving home soon!

krieve
19-Feb-06, 23:28
He is gorgeous i am sure he will be homed soon

ice box
19-Feb-06, 23:32
I would love to give him a home but i don't think molly would be to happy . hope someone takes him .

Liz
19-Feb-06, 23:36
Thanks everyone!:D

I hope he does get a home soon as the poor chap just wants loads of love and attention.

ice box
19-Feb-06, 23:38
ahhhhhhhh poor thing someone will fall in love with him soon iam sure of it .

connieb19
20-Feb-06, 00:15
He is gorgeous i am sure he will be homed soonWhy can't I find Oscar in that link? There was others, but no Oscar!!:confused:

angela5
20-Feb-06, 00:16
Why can't I find Oscar in that link? There was others, but no Oscar!!:confused:

I was not able to see oscar either..

krieve
20-Feb-06, 00:17
oscar was there when i looked

Liz
20-Feb-06, 00:18
I was not able to see oscar either..

Go into 'Homes Wanted' link and then scroll down to the third cat. Just checked and he is still there!:lol:

krieve
20-Feb-06, 00:19
yes oscar is still there some real cuties look at buzby she cute awwwwwwww

connieb19
20-Feb-06, 00:19
yes oscar is still there some real cuties look at buzby she cute awwwwwwwwaw, i wonder why I can't see them:cry:

krieve
20-Feb-06, 00:21
aw, i wonder why I can't see them:cry:
do what liz says he is the third cat awww

ice box
Once you see him you will want him

angela5
Awww! i can see them now..all lovely..i hope someone homes oscar what a lovely cat:o)

connieb19
20-Feb-06, 00:24
Is he the Tabby with the bushy tail?

Liz
20-Feb-06, 00:26
yes oscar is still there some real cuties look at buzby she cute awwwwwwww
Yes they are all lovely. Buzby has a problem with one of her eyes in that it can a get a bit 'gungy' from time to time but nothing serious and just needs wiping with a saline solution.

Soots is a very timid wee cat but her fosterer said he is a real sweety and would make a great pet once he got to know and trust someone.

I just highlighted Oscar as he is not settling into foster care at all.:~(

Liz
20-Feb-06, 00:30
Is he the Tabby with the bushy tail?

He is a tabby but he doesn't have a bushy tail

It gives you his name and description along with his photo.

Rheghead
20-Feb-06, 00:31
I wish I could take in all the cats:~(

connieb19
20-Feb-06, 00:32
He is a tabby but he doesn't have a bushy tail

It gives you his name and description along with his photo.Thats not what i see. I see 2 with unknown name and sam and annie:confused: No sign of Oscar:cry:

Liz
20-Feb-06, 00:43
Thats not what i see. I see 2 with unknown name and sam and annie:confused: No sign of Oscar:cry:

Don't understand that. Will have a word with the website operator. What you are seeing is the page before it was updated.

krieve
20-Feb-06, 00:43
me to rheghead not sure what the dog would think she would want to play with it the whole time.

Liz
20-Feb-06, 00:44
I wish I could take in all the cats:~(

I know you would!!!!:o)

luskentyre
20-Feb-06, 01:08
Thats not what i see. I see 2 with unknown name and sam and annie:confused: No sign of Oscar:cry:

Hi Connie. If you can't see Oscar then it's because your browser is storing an old version of the page. If you use the "Refresh" button (or hit the F5 key), you should see the latest page.

molly dolly
20-Feb-06, 17:15
Oscar is lovely i am sure that he will have a lovely new home with loving owners soon.

willowbankbear
20-Feb-06, 17:17
Would like to help ye oot but Im no lover of moggies just Doggies

Liz
20-Feb-06, 18:50
A couple of people have pm'd me re homing Oscar so fingers crossed!

Haven't heard back from one of them so will wait and see.

Will keep you all posted.

Thanks for all the support! :o)

connieb19
20-Feb-06, 19:32
Hi Connie. If you can't see Oscar then it's because your browser is storing an old version of the page. If you use the "Refresh" button (or hit the F5 key), you should see the latest page.Thank You so much luskentyre, Aw, he's so lovely!! I wish I could give him a home but I already have a cat and a dog. I hope he finds a good home soon though..:grin:

Liz
22-Feb-06, 19:55
Delighted to say that, thanks to Erli, Oscar now has a lovely new home!:D:D:D

He has settled in really well and is already a much loved member of the family.

Maya and Annie have also got new homes!

This is what makes all the stress worthwhile!

Thanks so much everyone for all your support. It is really appreciated and if the cats could talk they would thank you all as well. Meow!!!!:lol:

If anyone else can offer one of the other cats a home then please get in touch.

Thanks again!

shrek_donkey
23-Feb-06, 00:13
Thats great news Liz great to here something good for a change keep up the good work.

wickerinca
23-Feb-06, 02:13
Great work Liz! :grin:

Liz
23-Feb-06, 13:57
Thanks both!:D

Have another three cats coming into our care. Never ends!!!!:cry:

Still that's what we're here for and, hopefully, we'll get them lovely homes soon.

grantyg
24-Feb-06, 21:14
Good Luck to Oscar!
Keep up the good work liz!

nicnak
24-Feb-06, 22:57
Well done yet again liz keep up the brill work and good luck to oscar!

Liz
25-Feb-06, 14:21
Cheers Grantyg and Nicnak!:D

Oscar thinks he's in heaven as he now has a brilliant home and is so happy!:lol:

We couldn't do our work without the kindness and support of the Caithness people in supporting our fundraising events, giving donations and, most importantly of all, giving homes to unwanted cats and kittens.

Thanks to all the orgers who have given much appreciated support!!!!