PDA

View Full Version : Thefts from NHS Hospitals....

landmarker
19-Feb-06, 18:55
I'm not talking about bag pilfering or here, or petty theft, but organised stealing of things like endoscopes and scanners. Which are of high value, and a rarity in less developed economies.

Isn't it strange that this new trend, where hi-tec equipment is being stolen from our NHS Hospitals and sold in Eastern Europe has co-incided with the growth of the EU and the ease of entry for all and sundry from the accession states.

Never before have I heard of such vital equipment, meant for the public good being pilfered to such an extent it makes national news.The feeling is that organised racketeers from abroad are responsible.

I canot be alone in thinking that this life saving equipment might have been thought of as untouchable to British thieves who would have lacked a market for it anyway. I cannot see 'BUPA' Hospitals lining up to fence the stuff, can you? If I am wrong I'll gladly eat a slice of humblerpie.

You and I, as tax payers, are picking up the tab for these losses, even if it is 'insured'

You might have summised I am largely anti-immigration. I bang on about it often enough. That's because I'm really struggling to see just what benefits it has brought to these islands in the last fifty years.

Please feel free to enlighten me.