PDA

View Full Version : dogs changing sex

shazzy
12-Mar-09, 16:29
one of my dogs,a small patterdale bitch,has started cocking her leg to wee,is it something to do with the 500mph wind,the scotish air or going butch?:confused

Thumper
12-Mar-09, 16:31
Hi shazzy my cocker did the same thing for a while,funnily enough I mentioned it the other day to a friend of mine who is a vet nurse and she told me it may be a hormonal thing x

crustyroll
12-Mar-09, 17:28
Hi shazzy my cocker did the same thing for a while,funnily enough I mentioned it the other day to a friend of mine who is a vet nurse and she told me it may be a hormonal thing x

Most bitches when they are due to come into season, even up to a month before hand, will try to pee as high as possible. It's like the dog trying to get his mark higher than the last one, shows he's bigger and better, bitches are the same and want to mark as high as possible too. One of my bitches almosts reverses her bum up a tree as she's getting hormonal...lol

teenybash
12-Mar-09, 17:39
I have two bitches and one has always cocked her leg when out for a walk.............If she is just out in the garden she adopts the normal.......
Just one of those strange doggy things, a bit of each to their own.:)

carasmam
12-Mar-09, 18:14
My she dog has been spayed and still cocks her leg 12 years on, it must be the wind :lol:

cuddlepop
12-Mar-09, 18:20
Connie was spayed too and ever since then she'd be rather confused when she peed.
it was a sort of sit down cock your leg pose.:confused

Kevin Milkins
12-Mar-09, 20:09

Flippin eck, I hope Mr's M doesn't start cocking her leg as well.:roll:

joxville
13-Mar-09, 00:03
bitches are the same and want to mark as high as possible too. One of my bitches almosts reverses her bum up a tree as she's getting hormonal...lol

On my way home from work I saw a woman do the same thing and give me a ;). I beat a hasty retreat.

Geo
13-Mar-09, 00:18
Our Border Collie has never cocked his leg to pee and he's 5 now.

purplelady
13-Mar-09, 00:29
I have two bitches and one has always cocked her leg when out for a walk.............If she is just out in the garden she adopts the normal.......
Just one of those strange doggy things, a bit of each to their own.:)
have the same thing with my collie think she is a he she lol xxxxxxxx:lol::lol:

GruesomeTwosome
13-Mar-09, 14:03
My girl has always cocked her leg and she is neutered. I was told it was a dominance thing which I believe as my girl is very dominant. My boy squats quite often, he is rather lazy though and probably cant be bothered lifting his leg!:lol:

MasterSplinter
13-Mar-09, 14:34
HEHEHEHE:lol:.I was trying to imagine what that would look like, your little girl cocking her leg. Never seen that before.

shazzy
13-Mar-09, 21:00
probably this as she is definitely the leader of the pack (four).Seems to be quite common so i wont worry then.ta