PDA

View Full Version : The Complete Stone Roses

gixer
12-Mar-09, 11:34
Can't wait to see them i heard that they are better live than the real Stones Roses. :D They are playing in the assemble rooms next friday night the 20th.

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Mar-09, 13:55
It might be worth getting the local constabulary along.

buggyracer
12-Mar-09, 14:40

Pepsi why? :)

MusicWicker
12-Mar-09, 21:00

Why do you say that?

buddyrich
13-Mar-09, 00:42
Expecting trouble at the gig?

Maybe it's just that the Bridge Street Blues are big stone roses fans so they should all be at the gig.

the_big_mac
13-Mar-09, 09:36
Why do you say that?

Probably because the mugs that pay £18 to see a bunch of wannabes are getting robbed!

MusicWicker
13-Mar-09, 21:24
£16 actually, have you ever seen them?

Doesn't matter if theyre a tribute band they put on a cracking show.

Ticket price is determined by band fee and I'll be lucky if I break even on this gig so if I have to 'Rob' people to get these bands up that'll just have to be the way it is.

I dont have the luxury of having my own venue thats already kitted out, so youre looking at a bill of around £1500 before you even book a band.

Snarfer
13-Mar-09, 23:32
I thought £16 was a little bit steep for a tribute band but they have a lot of good reviews and one of my mates that has seen them down the road said that there well worth it. So got my ticket and raked out my stoneroses albums now can't wait till friday.:cool:

the_big_mac
14-Mar-09, 00:15
£16 actually, have you ever seen them?

Doesn't matter if theyre a tribute band they put on a cracking show.

Ticket price is determined by band fee and I'll be lucky if I break even on this gig so if I have to 'Rob' people to get these bands up that'll just have to be the way it is.

I dont have the luxury of having my own venue thats already kitted out, so youre looking at a bill of around £1500 before you even book a band.

Not exactly my scene so no. And likely never will.

Good on you for making a go of getting them up here, and I hope it works, but if you took a tribute act of my favourite band, I'd still be hard pushed to justify paying 16 bucks to see them.

Are you looking to do a deal with a venue to put these kind of nights on?

MusicWicker
14-Mar-09, 13:16
Not exactly my scene so no. And likely never will.

Good on you for making a go of getting them up here, and I hope it works, but if you took a tribute act of my favourite band, I'd still be hard pushed to justify paying 16 bucks to see them.

Are you looking to do a deal with a venue to put these kind of nights on?

Well I just managed to get the hall hire down to £286 from £400 so thats a start. It's the light & sound thats the killer. £1057 to hire that. Could get it cheaper but it wouldnt be half the show that we put on just now.

In the long run it would be great to get all of the light and sound equipment as a permanent fixture that we owned, and then I could look at putting bands on at £7-£10 a gig, but until that day comes....

Have a look at the Sergeant gig - the money spent on the lighting etc I think is well worth it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLlR1c7uOwg

Blast!
14-Mar-09, 18:02
Probably because the mugs that pay £18 to see a bunch of wannabes are getting robbed!

My thoughts exactly!

hotrod4
15-Mar-09, 18:44
Dont you just hate when someone tries to do something positive for Wick they get slated?
I would pay £16 just to show my support for Ryan,at least he's gettin off his ass and doing something,not sitting on a keyboard slagging people off![evil]

Jude
15-Mar-09, 21:05
Dont you just hate when someone tries to do something positive for Wick they get slated?
I would pay £16 just to show my support for Ryan,at least he's gettin off his ass and doing something,not sitting on a keyboard slagging people off![evil]

Couldn't have said it better!

the_big_mac
16-Mar-09, 09:11

Like you? ;)

hotrod4
16-Mar-09, 14:17
Like you? ;)
Nope I am only calling a spade a spade:roll:
It s hardly surprising that we cant attract bigger bands to Caithness when there is a mindset that has a go at anyone who at least tries to bring them up.
I dont care who brings a band up as long as they get the support that they deserve.
As a Past Musician myself I know how hard it is to make a band succcessful,loads of time and sweat,so I suppose its the same for a promoter who has to negotiate,hire staff,pay the bills etc so we should lay off them and at least show some respect for what they are doing.
Sometimes I fantasise when the streets are cold and lonely ;)

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Mar-09, 14:54
Forget about the Complete Stone Roses, the real Stone Roses are reforming, dontcha know?

wickerlad
19-Mar-09, 18:36
How mant tickets have been sold for friday night? anyone know?

Amy-Winehouse
19-Mar-09, 20:06
Forget about the Complete Stone Roses, the real Stone Roses are reforming, dontcha know?

I doubt it P.C , Ian Brown spokesman said he has no intention & John Squires hasnt played the guitar for 2 years-hes more into his Art paintings & collecting. A pity though, Id have tried my best to have gone & seen them live.:D

This rumour circulates every year, I wish it would come true:(

Amy-Winehouse
19-Mar-09, 20:11
Nope I am only calling a spade a spade:roll:
It s hardly surprising that we cant attract bigger bands to Caithness when there is a mindset that has a go at anyone who at least tries to bring them up.
I dont care who brings a band up as long as they get the support that they deserve.
As a Past Musician myself I know how hard it is to make a band succcessful,loads of time and sweat,so I suppose its the same for a promoter who has to negotiate,hire staff,pay the bills etc so we should lay off them and at least show some respect for what they are doing.
Sometimes I fantasise when the streets are cold and lonely ;)

And the cars they burn below me........

Ill see you there Hotrod coz Im going:D

buggyracer
19-Mar-09, 21:19

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/mar/17/stone-roses-reunion-reported

shame there meant to be pretty crud live :lol:

buddyrich
21-Mar-09, 05:31
Frankly, John Squire could have just issued a statement with the following info by way of a publicist.

But then again, there's Jackson Pollock to rip off! so point your browser this way!

www.johnsquire.com

Anyone else enjoy Squire describing his own band as Seminal?

With that in mind, i could be persuaded to start a john squire tribute band called Fluid.

Amy-Winehouse
22-Mar-09, 12:33
The gig was brilliant well worth the admission fee. I had a great time as did everyone I spoke to. Special thanks to MusicWicker for bringing them up here- anyone who didnt go, you missed a great night