PDA

View Full Version : Miss Scotland?

brokencross
12-Mar-09, 09:30
Miss Scotland, not the I miss Scotland homesick style but the Miss Scotland beauty type.

I see from the Scottish Sun that Wick has two entrants in the mix and their pictures are on the Scottish Sun website. (I found them purely by accident while researching a paper for university)[lol]

Moonboots
12-Mar-09, 09:49
Dont think they have a look in with the other girls. [lol]

floyed
12-Mar-09, 12:27

LOL i agree:lol:

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Mar-09, 12:51
They all look like they're putting themselves forward for that programme Snog, Marry, Avoid. What's worse, I actually know a few of 'em. OMG!

Metalattakk
12-Mar-09, 17:24
Don't think I've ever seen so many orange lassies in my life. What is this competition all about - see who can wear the most fake tan?

Reminds me of that film from the '80s - Tango & Cash.

Fluff
12-Mar-09, 17:43
Dear lord, I think some of those girls need to realise with make up- sometimes less is more! (and the fake tan, and fake hair)

Bad Manners
12-Mar-09, 18:17
If this lot are the best we have to offer we have no chance.
they seem to be cast from the same how fake can we look mould.
such a shame.

unicorn
12-Mar-09, 18:57
I say good on the Wick lassies for getting up and having a go. They are far bonnier and more natural than most of the rest, what a county this is they have the gumption to give it a go and people are knocking them....[disgust]

davie
12-Mar-09, 19:02
Yes indeed Unicorn. A typical mean mouthed attitude from some of our 'real' lookers who are probably just back from Crufts.

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Mar-09, 19:04
Well, if you expose yourself to the masses in order to be judged, don't be surprised if a few people say things you might not necessarily like. But aye, the Wick girls look pretty good compared to the rest.

Thumper
12-Mar-09, 21:26
Thats one of the biggest problems in a small community like caithness-everyone feels they can say what they want about someone trying to do anything a little different.If either of those girls went on to win the community would be delighted then!x

TRUCKER
12-Mar-09, 23:14
Iagree if they dont try it they wont know if they can win it. Good luck to them

jimag
12-Mar-09, 23:39
Why not let the Wick lassies have a go. A Thurso lass was runner up a few years ago and looking the line up, I think she could win this time round.

GetWithTheTimes
13-Mar-09, 00:35
Thats one of the biggest problems in a small community like caithness-everyone feels they can say what they want about someone trying to do anything a little different.If either of those girls went on to win the community would be delighted then!x

you are right there thumper if any one thinks or does something "the village folks" don't do they are slagged off and made fun of or looked down on but if they end up good at what they did to get put down suddenly everyone is happy, too many people in these small communities are afraid of change and refuse to learn of things they don't know

I say good on them and all the people slagging off the fact they have too much tan on or are fake looking are just jealous and only wish they could get someone who looked as good as that or look as good as that themselves, some people are beautiful and what's the point in being that good looking if you cant flaunt it

shame on the people putting them down :P

TBH
13-Mar-09, 00:37
Dont think they have a look in with the other girls. [lol]You would have to know what the lassies looked like before making that assumption?

zappster
13-Mar-09, 01:05
Good on the lassies I hope they do really well & they should ignore the stupid comments made previously in this thread.. coz they were ..STUPID!

butterfly
13-Mar-09, 04:11
The wick lassie's looked no bad compared to some of the others.There is a few there that are too made up though.

hotrod4
13-Mar-09, 06:08
And if there was a competition for oversized feet and still being able to stand up you would win it!!!![lol]
Had a look through could only find 1, but there are some nice looking lassies there pity there all tango'd and size zero, wheres all the real women?

GetWithTheTimes
13-Mar-09, 06:38
And if there was a competition for oversized feet and still being able to stand up you would win it!!!![lol]
Had a look through could only find 1, but there are some nice looking lassies there pity there all tango'd and size zero, wheres all the real women?

i found 2 and i didn't see any thin enough to be size zero, size zero is victoria beckham size which is way too thin and there was more than a few on the bigger side, not all of them were tango neither put your eyes like this :eek: and you might see better

Moonboots
13-Mar-09, 11:19
You would have to know what the lassies looked like before making that assumption?

I seen them!!!
Dont get me wrong but there is quite a few that isnt what you call Miss Scotland standard. It is good for them to try but i cant see them getting far thats all.

At the end of the day thats my opinion....

joxville
13-Mar-09, 11:58
Good luck to all the girls in their quest for total obscurity in their own right.:cool:

Errogie
14-Mar-09, 13:19
Of course there is always the Miss Watten Sheepdog Trials Dance Queen if they don't go any further in the Miss Scotland event. I think that's what it was or was it the darts competition?

And then Thurso's Gala Week Queen and her attendants who were always a vision of loveliness that would make men of all ages go weak at the knees. Who needs to take part in beauty contests beyond the Ord or the split stone.

There should be much more encouragment for local competitions where the female entrants are not only easy on the eye but can gut 30 mackrel in two minutes, singlehandly throw and hand clip a cheviot tup in five minutes and cut a year's peat in two days and then prepare a candle lit dinner for two at the drop of a hat. Do they make women like that anymore?

joxville
14-Mar-09, 13:33
Of course there is always the Miss Watten Sheepdog Trials Dance Queen if they don't go any further in the Miss Scotland event. I think that's what it was or was it the darts competition?

And then Thurso's Gala Week Queen and her attendants who were always a vision of loveliness that would make men of all ages go weak at the knees. Who needs to take part in beauty contests beyond the Ord or the split stone.

There should be much more encouragment for local competitions where the female entrants are not only easy on the eye but can gut 30 mackrel in two minutes, singlehandly throw and hand clip a cheviot tup in five minutes and cut a year's peat in two days and then prepare a candle lit dinner for two at the drop of a hat. Do they make women like that anymore?

Yes, but they lie low. In days of old they were burnt at the stake. :D

davie
14-Mar-09, 13:48

Of course they do - there is one in the kitchen doing the ironing right now. She can also batch concrete, dig drains, paper ceilings, you name it !.

Amy-Winehouse
14-Mar-09, 20:16
Theres another girl from Wick on the first page & she is good looking- Id vote for her any time, Kirsty. Shes a nice wee girl as well- get voting people

butterfly
14-Mar-09, 21:39
There is 3 girls from Wick in it.Jade,lynsey and Yvonne.

Amy-Winehouse
14-Mar-09, 21:49
There is 3 girls from Wick in it.Jade,lynsey and Yvonne.

Well Kirsty on page 1 is from Wick so yer wrong, theres 4 . Not bad for a wee town eh,

bettedaviseyes
14-Mar-09, 21:54
i thinks its great your locals girls going forward for miss scotland i know 2 of them and there very nice lassies indeed :) c'mon the weekers :)

butterfly
14-Mar-09, 22:17
Not bad for a wee town eh,

No,not bad,must have a look at this Kirsty.

crayola
14-Mar-09, 22:19
There is 3 girls from Wick in it.Jade,lynsey and Yvonne.Good for them, I wish them the best of luck. :)

butterfly
14-Mar-09, 22:25
Just had another look and Yvonne gets my vote.

crayola
14-Mar-09, 22:30
I've been there, done that, and I have the emotional scars to prove it. I turned to modelling straight afterwards, it's safer!

Amy-Winehouse
14-Mar-09, 22:35
Just had another look and Yvonne gets my vote.

Tell me you dont take drugs with a straight face??? Were your eyes painted on? Yvonne is a pretty girl but Kirsty is a honey.

butterfly
14-Mar-09, 22:44
Tell me you dont take drugs with a straight face??? Were your eyes painted on? Yvonne is a pretty girl but Kirsty is a honey.

What crap you spout!What you on eh?Can you no take a difference of opinion like?Does it really upset you that folk have a choice and dont have a bias opinion like your own.Before you start i dinna know any of the girls but good luck to them all and its a good job your no on the judging panel eh!!!![lol][lol][lol]

Moonboots
15-Mar-09, 12:00
Yea there are 4 from Wick.

Ok my real opinion!!! - I think there is only 1 out of the 4 who might have a bit of a chance to get through the first round and that is Yvonne.

I dont think she would get any further tho but good luck to her and the rest if they do.

bettedaviseyes
15-Mar-09, 21:21
go kirsty go by far the winner :D

mel123
15-Mar-09, 21:39
Yeah I Say Kirsty Too..

hotrod4
17-Mar-09, 06:45
There all bonny in their own way,couldnt pick a local winner out of them, so lets hope they all get through!

Fluff
17-Mar-09, 09:12
LOL hotrod, I misread that to start with, I thought you had said they were all bony in their own way....

crayola
17-Mar-09, 10:09
Good luck to all four Wick girls. It's a competitive game and you need more than good looks to survive. I didn't win it but I did enough to get myself into the red tops for a few years and then into retail modelling so it was worth it.

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Mar-09, 14:58
How about an inter-county Beauty Contest? Miss Watten anyone? Miss Staixgoe? Miss Spittal?

Amy-Winehouse
18-Mar-09, 00:10
What crap you spout!What you on eh?Can you no take a difference of opinion like?Does it really upset you that folk have a choice and dont have a bias opinion like your own.Before you start i dinna know any of the girls but good luck to them all and its a good job your no on the judging panel eh!!!!

OMG the only one who is being biased is you dont throw your toys out the pram. Now i only stated my opinion !! You seem to be the one who is taking things very personally not me so before you go all High and Mighty take your own advise instead of force feeding other folk your CHOICE :eek:

And anyone who says I DONT KNOW THE GIRLS with such a strong opinion obviously does

Any how kirsty and lynsay get my vote and got luck to them all though but i know who i would like to see go far

butterfly
18-Mar-09, 00:24
OMG the only one who is being biased is you dont throw your toys out the pram. Now i only stated my opinion !! You seem to be the one who is taking things very personally not me so before you go all High and Mighty take your own advise instead of force feeding other folk your CHOICE :eek:

And anyone who says I DONT KNOW THE GIRLS with such a strong opinion obviously does

Any how kirsty and lynsay get my vote and got luck to them all though but i know who i would like to see go far

And i only stated mine,you were the one who insinuated that i must be on drugs because of my stated choice.I dont know any of the girls at all,we ARE going by looks here are we not!Blimey is no-one allowed an opinion without being accused of knowing them!Good luck to them all though.

Anne x
18-Mar-09, 01:12
How about an inter-county Beauty Contest? Miss Watten anyone? Miss Staixgoe? Miss Spittal?

And why not ? many a a bonny lassie came from the country places ask Miss Embo and Miss Rogart from Sutherland ;)

Amy-Winehouse
18-Mar-09, 11:48
And i only stated mine,you were the one who insinuated that i must be on drugs because of my stated choice.I dont know any of the girls at all,we ARE going by looks here are we not!Blimey is no-one allowed an opinion without being accused of knowing them!Good luck to them all though.

Yawn Yawn this is boring now go get heated up by another disscusion now so trival !!!

butterfly
18-Mar-09, 13:19
[quote=Amy-Winehouse;519838]Yawn Yawn this is boring now

Go and get some much needed sleep then!!!!!!!![lol][lol][lol]

crayola
19-Mar-09, 22:53
What a strange argument. :confused

Let's all join together to wish all the Wick girls the best of luck. They are all in it together and they are all worthy of our support.

Good luck to all four of you.