PDA

View Full Version : Horrific Injury

Saveman
19-Feb-06, 14:01
Did anyone see the injury yesterday to Alan Smith in Liverpool - ManU match?
Broken leg and dislocated ankle.....very nasty.

Credit to the scousers for giving him a warm reception as the medics carried him off.

tommy1979
19-Feb-06, 15:41
I did and it looked shocking

I wish him all the best of wishes and very speedy recovery

DrSzin
19-Feb-06, 16:05
Yes, it looked absolutely shocking. The poor guy was obviously in agony and he'll take a long time to recover. Did you see Ruud van Nistelrooy's reaction? It was so bad he had to turn away. But it was indeed heartening to see my fellow Reds fans applauding Alan Smith as he was stretchered off. My enjoyment of the result was severely muted by his injury.

I hadn't realised it was 82 years since the Reds had last beaten Man U in the FA Cup. How on earth did it take so long? I bet we get Chelsea in the next round.

But at least I won back the fiver I lost a few weeks ago when they beat us at Old Trafford. ;)

Saveman
19-Feb-06, 16:10
Indeed, my own disappointment with the result was put into perspective when that happened......poor bloke. A few of the players looked sickened by it.
I hope he's able to make a full recovery.

The best team won on the day :(......what happened to our midfield?

DrSzin
19-Feb-06, 16:23
What midfield? ;)

Seriously, the game was won and lost in midfield -- even more so than usual. Kewell and Gerrard were free to do whatever they wanted for much of the game. You guys miss Roy Keane even more than I thought you would, and Scholes would have made an enormous difference too. And Vidic was guilty of a few howlers -- he looked lost at times.

Saveman
19-Feb-06, 16:30
What midfield? ;)

Seriously, the game was won and lost in midfield -- even more so than usual. Kewell and Gerrard were free to do whatever they wanted for much of the game. You guys miss Roy Keane even more than I thought you would, and Scholes would have made an enormous difference too. And Vidic was guilty of a few howlers -- he looked lost at times.

Yeah totally agree. I think Vidic will improve, but the midfield needs something drastic.....two new dedicated central midfielders are whats required..........it used to be our strongest area :(

JAWS
19-Feb-06, 18:59
Did anyone see the injury yesterday to Alan Smith in Liverpool - ManU match?
Broken leg and dislocated ankle.....very nasty.

Credit to the scousers for giving him a warm reception as the medics carried him off.
Before I start I would ask all Liverpool Fans and any people of a nervous disposition to sit down.

As a long-standing supporter of ManU I will give an honest opinion to the Fans of Liverpool.

I have always found them to be appreciative of good football, quite often to the extent of politely applauding their opposition for creating a good move.
I don't recall them showing anything but great concern and respect for a player from any opposing team who has been badly injured. They usually show the greatest concern about the extent of the injury.

They will fanatically support their Team, but have never lost their appreciation for good football, whichever team supplies it.
Win or lose, they will complain when Liverpool do not play to the exciting and entertaining standard they demand.

In those things I hold them in great esteem and only wish other Team’s supporters could act in the same manner.

mareng
19-Feb-06, 21:31
How does anyone know if a player is actually hurt? Seems to me that they should all be up for a BAFTA award at the slightest tap from the opposition.

Funny how a player can appear to be crying into his hands in agony and next minute - up and running.

Talk about dramatic!

Saveman
19-Feb-06, 23:20
How does anyone know if a player is actually hurt? Seems to me that they should all be up for a BAFTA award at the slightest tap from the opposition.

Funny how a player can appear to be crying into his hands in agony and next minute - up and running.

Talk about dramatic!

I think what gave it away this time was the ankle of the player sitting at a funny angle and the look on the face of a player who never fakes injury....amongst other things.

Yes at times players can be dramatic. This wasn't one of those occasions.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
19-Feb-06, 23:26
Was watching the game yesterday and at the time thought he looked as though he had sprained his ankle,until all the medics came on.

Saw the picture today in the News of the World and it looks like a very bad injury.

Geo
19-Feb-06, 23:40
The best team won on the day :(......what happened to our midfield?

We lost it a few seasons ago.

Bingobabe
19-Feb-06, 23:50

Talk about dramatic!

Nothing dramatic about that yesterday mareng,
Smudgers ankle is away from the leg, He was given oxygen as he lay on the stretcher to ease the pain of which im sure would have been unbearable with an injury like that. it looked horrible, as bad as Larssons leg break a few years ago[mad]

krieve
20-Feb-06, 01:24
Nothing dramatic about that yesterday mareng,
Smudgers ankle is away from the leg, He was given oxygen as he lay on the stretcher to ease the pain of which im sure would have been unbearable with an injury like that. it looked horrible, as bad as Larssons leg break a few years ago[mad]
Yuk i remember seing henrik larrson leg break i was watching it with my bro i was nearly sick

angela5
20-Feb-06, 01:31
Yuk i remember seing henrik larrson leg break i was watching it with my bro i was nearly sick

That was stomach churning..

krieve
20-Feb-06, 01:36
yuk horrible i hate seeing any thing like that