PDA

View Full Version : alexander the meerkat

balto
11-Mar-09, 17:33
must say this website had me amused, i thought it was just a ploy for compare the market.com but no compare the meerkat really exists. here is the link should anyone fancy a gander. http://www.comparethemeerkat.com

weeboyagee
11-Mar-09, 18:04
How sad am I? I have that website in my favourites and I have emailed it to many friends - it's a brilliant marketing idea and is absolutely hilarious............ seempuls! It was at it's best over the Christmas period:D

WBG :cool:

mccaugm
11-Mar-09, 18:12
My four year old totally loves it...as do I...LOL

ShelleyCowie
11-Mar-09, 18:20
I sit and sing 'compare the meerkat.com' all the time! [lol]

Sage
11-Mar-09, 18:30
Thanks for that, cheered me up
:lol:

davie
11-Mar-09, 18:40
Hiya, Pancake Mixtures on the .org. This is the bestest thing since that crazy frog on the motorbike

Jeid
11-Mar-09, 18:42
Compare the meerkat, dot com!

Does not even sound same!

davem
11-Mar-09, 18:43
It's a brilliant website :)
& By the way, it's spelt Aleksandr
:D

Gizmo
11-Mar-09, 18:45
Best television advert in years....Schimples ;)

Valerie Campbell
11-Mar-09, 19:42
I think it's brilliant. My girls do the accent brilliantly and have me in absolute stitches! The guys who thought this up deserve a medal. The best ad on the TV by far. (I still don't get the new Cadbury's one though!)

joxville
11-Mar-09, 23:56
For those that 'Twitter' do a search and you'll find Alexandre posting on there.

(I still don't get the new Cadbury's one though!)

This advert got me in trouble at work cos the boy and girl look like my secretary and her partner when they were young. She took the hump with me when I told her that and didn't speak to me for two days. :roll:

balto
12-Mar-09, 00:00
he also has his own bebo page, he is just class lol.

balto
12-Mar-09, 00:02
It's a brilliant website :)
& By the way, it's spelt Aleksandr
:D
cheers for that, didnt realise.

JimH
12-Mar-09, 00:19
Aleksandr is looking for more meerkat types to add to his site. My OH only lets me replay it twice each time it is on, so I have them on the laptop and play to my hearts content.:roll::lol:

purplelady
12-Mar-09, 00:23
I think it is a brill ad makes me laugh everytime i see it x

Metalattakk
12-Mar-09, 01:43
The whole marketing concept is an utter nonsense. Whoever heard of a Russian meerkat?

Kevin Milkins
12-Mar-09, 02:34
For those that 'Twitter' do a search and you'll find Alexandre posting on there.

This advert got me in trouble at work cos the boy and girl look like my secretary and her partner when they were young. She took the hump with me when I told her that and didn't speak to me for two days. :roll:

If I had a secretary that looked like that two days would not be long enough and I would move towards having plastic cuterery in the tea room.:eek:

Geo
12-Mar-09, 11:01
i thought it was just a ploy for compare the market.com but no compare the meerkat really exists.[/URL]

It's certainly a clever piece of advertising. Very funny. :lol:

Gizmo
12-Mar-09, 11:40
The whole marketing concept is an utter nonsense. Whoever heard of a Russian meerkat?

I know...talking Meerkats?...utter nonsense, whatever ridiculous concept will there be next...a frog on a motorbike?..a puppet driving a car? ;)

shazzy
12-Mar-09, 12:08
its brilliant,emailed to all friends!!:lol:

asinger
12-Mar-09, 13:14
Nearly as good as the advert for "Smash"-or am I showing my age here!

Thumper
12-Mar-09, 16:37
I said exactly the same thing to my son,his reply was "so you complain about a russian accent but have no problems with the fact that he is talking in the ifrst place?" I kinda gave up the argument after that :o x

Cinderella's Shoe
15-Mar-09, 00:44
You can't be a Hearts fan then - Romanov is the next best thing!