PDA

View Full Version : Peckish

angela5
19-Feb-06, 04:28
When your tummy rumbles and it's not quite tea-time what does everyone have to cure that starvation feeling? i'm getting fed up reaching for a banana.

sassylass
19-Feb-06, 04:38
I've been reaching for celery or carrot sticks...they hit the spot.

htwood
19-Feb-06, 04:52
15 unsalted almonds is a heart-healthy snack. Full of protein and keeps the rumbling away for at least an hour. I have to count them out and put the package away tho, they seem to taste like MORE.

Venture
19-Feb-06, 12:54
Angela 5 the theory is that you are not really hungry but thirsty. So if you feel like nibbling take a big glass of sparkling or still water with ice. It does work.

badger
19-Feb-06, 20:03
I've started keeping a bottle of water flavoured with juice in the kitchen - partly to fill that gap and partly because I don't drink enough (water I mean). Sunflower seeds are good for a nibble and cheap. Otherwise, I'm afraid all too often it's the biscuit tin - and then I wonder why my jeans feel tight :cry:

cuddlepop
20-Feb-06, 19:56
Dry oatcakes they fill you upbut usually your just thirsty,you just dont ralise it:Razz

Shalom
20-Feb-06, 21:09
Dried cranberries....tasty!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
20-Feb-06, 23:54
A nice cup of tea and a couple o' digestive biscuits.Not too filling and gives you a ready- brek glow.

angela5
20-Feb-06, 23:55
A nice cup of tea and a couple o' digestive biscuits.Not too filling and gives you a ready- brek glow.

mmm! that's what i was nibbling on yesturday:Razz

connieb19
20-Feb-06, 23:57
A nice cup of tea and a couple o' digestive biscuits.Not too filling and gives you a ready- brek glow.OH no...I knew i shouldn't have come in here...I have chocolate Digestves in the cupboard:evil Ok.....I'm not going to eat them, honest...:evil

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Feb-06, 00:00
OH no...I knew i shouldn't have come in here...I have chocolate Digestves in the cupboard:evil Ok.....I'm not going to eat them, honest...:evil

You're alright Connie. I was talking plain digestives because you can dip them in your tea.If you dip chocolate digestives in ye always get that mess at the bottom of the cup when you're finished.:lol:

connieb19
21-Feb-06, 00:04
You're alright Connie. I was talking plain digestives because you can dip them in your tea.If you dip chocolate digestives in ye always get that mess at the bottom of the cup when you're finished.:lol:Stop tormenting me Cedric...lol[lol] :Razz

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Feb-06, 00:10
Here Connie,what about a cup of tea,wi nae biscuits.

angela5
21-Feb-06, 00:13
Here Connie,what about a cup of tea,wi nae biscuits.

Cedric...a drinks too wet without one..[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Feb-06, 00:18
Typical its like been stuck wi' the dieters at work,biscuits or nae biscuits,biscuits or nae biscuits.Right get me the Chocolate Hob-Nobs.

Here Connie is that you I can hear shouting noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!