PDA

View Full Version : naked rambler

windowman
18-Feb-06, 21:44
just passed the naked rambler tonight on our way home,north at dunbeath at 7.00 o clock .on way north

ice box
18-Feb-06, 21:48
Good for him hope he does'nt get stopped and makes it to john o groats

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 21:50
Where will he be now...do you think I might catch him..lol:eek:

_Ju_
18-Feb-06, 21:52
its tooooooooo cold for naked rambling.I can imagine very unpleasant and unusual cases of frost bite!

ice box
18-Feb-06, 22:10
mybe connie you can give him a lend of yuor knickers lol

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 22:11
mybe connie you can give him a lend of yuor knickers lolI imagne he probably already has a tent..lol:eek:

webmannie
18-Feb-06, 22:16
Maybe I should go join him?

(See most embarrasing moment thread!)

ice box
18-Feb-06, 22:27
I imagne he probably already has a tent..lol:eek:
I but i hear it gets cold at this time of year in a tent lol

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 22:29
I but i hear it gets cold at this time of year in a tent lolnot if its a tent the size of my knickers..lol They're not wind proof mind you!!!:eek:

landmarker
18-Feb-06, 22:30
Good luck to the bloke. A few thousand years ago he wouldn't have turned a head. His nakedness will be much less noticeable in cold weather anyway.

krieve
18-Feb-06, 22:32
BRRRRR i know i said on the naked rambler thread awhile back i would join him but it is so cold i might leave it and see if he is doing a ramble in the summer lol

phoenix
18-Feb-06, 22:40
BRRRRR i know i said on the naked rambler thread awhile back i would join him but it is so cold i might leave it and see if he is doing a ramble in the summer lol

Oooohhh Krieve I see your at post 666.:Razz..........maybe you should have bought one of these "lucky dick" lottery tickets tonight........ Im getting confused here with the naked rambler and lucky dick lottery tickets:confused See what youve done to me connie:p

Moira
18-Feb-06, 22:41
just passed the naked rambler tonight on our way home,north at dunbeath at 7.00 o clock .on way north

I'm just wondering if he made it past Lybster in one piece considering what Porshiepoo was threatening to do to him :eek: There's no sign of her here tonight!!??

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 22:43
Oooohhh Krieve I see your at post 666.:Razz..........maybe you should have bought one of these "lucky dick" lottery tickets tonight........ Im getting confused here with the naked rambler and lucky dick lottery tickets:confused See what youve done to me connie:pWhat i'm thinking now's not even printable...:Razz

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 22:45
I'm just wondering if he made it past Lybster in one piece considering what Porshiepoo was threatening to do to him :eek: There's no sign of her here tonight!!??I hope he's not coming through wick..he might get mugged..lol[para] [lol]

krieve
18-Feb-06, 22:48
LOL phoenix i did but i never won anything i am not asking for alot i would settle for a million lol

Moira
18-Feb-06, 22:49
I hope he's not coming through wick..he might get mugged..lol[para] [lol]

You are NOT planning mugging him Connie ?? :roll: I'm shocked! It's really frosty tonight & you'll probably have better luck with the lottery ticket :grin:

krieve
18-Feb-06, 22:50
What i'm thinking now's not even printable...:Razz

lol connie :lol: :Razz

ice box
18-Feb-06, 22:51
LOL i can just see it now porshie hidding in the bush getting ready to ambush him or set the great dane on him my be some one should warn him to take the causwaymire .

Moira
18-Feb-06, 22:54
LOL phoenix i did but i never won anything i am not asking for alot i would settle for a million lol

Now I'm getting confused too with all this talk of Naked Ramblers & "lucky dockets" or was it "dicky lockets" .............. Think I need a drink to straighten me out :confused:

phoenix
18-Feb-06, 22:54
I hope he's not coming through wick..he might get mugged..lol[para] [lol]

Im cracking up and I havent had one drink:Razzwhat with lucky dick lottery tickets and the naked rambler passing through town.........maybe its a omen that tonight is your lucky night girls:Razz

_Ju_
18-Feb-06, 23:28
I'm just wondering if he made it past Lybster in one piece considering what Porshiepoo was threatening to do to him :eek: There's no sign of her here tonight!!??
what does porshiepoo have against him? At least SOMETHING is happening her in the far north!

Moira
18-Feb-06, 23:55
Hi _Ju_ - my post was a joke referring to another thread about the Naked Rambler. Here's the link :-
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=59530#post59530

girnigoe
19-Feb-06, 01:48
Im cracking up and I havent had one drink:Razzwhat with lucky dick lottery tickets and the naked rambler passing through town.........maybe its a omen that tonight is your lucky night girls:Razz

Me too this is better than Prozac!! :grin:

angela5
19-Feb-06, 02:00
LOL i can just see it now porshie hidding in the bush getting ready to ambush him or set the great dane on him my be some one should warn him to take the causwaymire .

He must of took that route i went out for a walk tonight and certainly never noticed any naked bodies:Razz

ice box
19-Feb-06, 02:08
He must of took that route i went out for a walk tonight and certainly never noticed any naked bodies:Razz
No i heard he could'nt get passed lybster lol

angela5
19-Feb-06, 02:11
No i heard he could'nt get passed lybster lol

What was going on in lybster then?

ice box
19-Feb-06, 02:15
What was going on in lybster then?
I heard from a passer by that there was a road block to the south side lol

porshiepoo
19-Feb-06, 02:21
Yep there was a road block to the south, all my mates took control of that part for me while me and a dog or two intercepted him from the east - poor sod din't stand a chance! :grin:
Unfortunately, due to adverse weather (so he claimed anyway) there was nothing whatsoever for the dogs to grab. lol. All that sausage mauling training down the swanny!

Anyone know if he's coming back this way = eau naturale?

krieve
19-Feb-06, 02:34
What is your problem with people wanting to walk about naked whats the big deal ??

Fran
19-Feb-06, 03:02

Oh no I have missed him, if only I had known earlier, maybe if I go to John O'Groats early in the morning I might catch him l

eaving after his photoshoot with the press!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Maybe he's in wick jail, I'll phone there before i leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i better pick up connie on the way..the naked rambler fan club!!!

ice box
19-Feb-06, 03:07
Oh no I have missed him, if only I had known earlier, maybe if I go to John O'Groats early in the morning I might catch him l

eaving after his photoshoot with the press!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Maybe he's in wick jail, I'll phone there before i leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i better pick up connie on the way..the naked rambler fan club!!!
You go girls lol

angela5
19-Feb-06, 03:12

Ah fran give me a shout in the morning i'll come too:D

krieve
19-Feb-06, 03:19
I plan on going to groats as well

eastend
19-Feb-06, 03:22
have you girls never seen one before ,,,

krieve
19-Feb-06, 03:24
lol i have not seen a rambler before

angela5
19-Feb-06, 03:26

I have'nt seen any naked ramblers before no, how have you eastend?

well i've got my digital camera ready for when fran picks me up in the morning.

ice box
19-Feb-06, 03:26
i seen him the other night on the dornoch bridge just before he got lifted

Fran
19-Feb-06, 03:43
Ah fran give me a shout in the morning i'll come too:D

i think I'll hire a mini bus. must take binoculars, magnifying glass, deicer spray, video camera and digital camera.

krieve
19-Feb-06, 03:47
i think I'll hire a mini bus. must take binoculars, magnifying glass, deicer spray, video camera and digital camera.
If i don't make it get a pic for me and an autograph lol

ice box
19-Feb-06, 03:50
You lot are nuts lol...

angela5
19-Feb-06, 03:51

Pity its so late or we could of hired a mini-bus fran we sure would fill it..ive got deicer spray and binoculars in my car at all times..it comes in handy..i never thought about a magnifying glass though we sure will need one if it's a frosty morning..:D

angela5
19-Feb-06, 03:52
You lot are nuts lol...

You don't fancy joining us then or was your experience on the dornoch bridge enough..

ice box
19-Feb-06, 03:57
You don't fancy joining us then or was your experience on the dornoch bridge enough..
no it's too much for one flash is enough lol saying that she had a nice curve lol

angela5
19-Feb-06, 04:35
no it's too much for one flash is enough lol saying that she had a nice curve lol

lol..you'll be joining us then:D

Seabird
19-Feb-06, 21:22
By the sound of things he should make Wick about midnight, if he passes through there during the early hours he should be at J O'G late Mon or early Tues.
Thats assuming he does'nt end up in the cells getting a free breakfast at the tax payers expence.
Best of luck to the guy, the world would be a boring place without harmless colourful characters like him.

stekar
19-Feb-06, 21:58
I saw him too and his companion on Wednesday evening near The Mound. It was 5pm and 5 degrees. Rather them than me, lol!

crashbandicoot1979
19-Feb-06, 22:11
He was at Laidhay at about 7.30 this morning....

ice box
19-Feb-06, 23:36
Does anyone know if he made it to john o groats yet .?

canuck
19-Feb-06, 23:41
Some night when things are quiet and you have nothing to do, could I get someone to explain this thread to me? No rush, I'm not sure that I even want to know too much, but it seems to generate so much interest. [grin]

ice box
19-Feb-06, 23:50
Some night when things are quiet and you have nothing to do, could I get someone to explain this thread to me? No rush, I'm not sure that I even want to know too much, but it seems to generate so much interest. [grin]

The naked rambler is a bloke called steven gough doing a walk from lands end to john o groat naked he has been in jail more time than i can remember but he still keeps going and to day he should of made it to john o groat hopefuly :Razz :Razz :Razz :Razz

phoenix
19-Feb-06, 23:53
The naked rambler is a bloke called steven gough doing a walk from lands end to john o groat naked he has been in jail more time than i can remember but he still keeps going and to day he should of made it to john o groat hopefuly :Razz :Razz :Razz :Razz

Not unless connie and co got to him first :}

canuck
19-Feb-06, 23:55
Thanks. A WeeBurd sent me a link which explains it. I really thought that this was something you had made up to while away the long winter nights in Caithness.

ice box
19-Feb-06, 23:58
I connie did you get ur squad together to see safely through the town ?

connieb19
20-Feb-06, 00:10
I connie did you get ur squad together to see safely through the town ?YUK<YUK<YUK....I've just been looking at his website, he is GROSS, thank goodness I didn't waste ny time going to JOG!!!! I was expecting him to be a right hunk....lol With a body like that so he should be locked up...[lol]

krieve
20-Feb-06, 00:10
rambler is expected at groats tomorrow

connieb19
20-Feb-06, 00:12
rambler is expected at groats tomorrowSorry...I wont be there..lol:eyes :eyes

ice box
20-Feb-06, 00:13
AHHH that a pitty i was hoping to see you lol

krieve
20-Feb-06, 00:15
i won't either canna get to groats

ice box
20-Feb-06, 00:23
i won't either canna get to groats
Iam taking the car krieve if you want a lift

topotheuk
20-Feb-06, 11:42
He's just been spotted making from Lyth to Gills road.

willowbankbear
20-Feb-06, 11:55
Mad or what?
What will he do when he gets to groats?

1.put on clothes
2.Have his pic taken
3.Swim to Orkney &continue walking
4.Go for a pint
5.Buy candles
6.Buy Knitwear
7.Go off to the creels
8.Turn around & head for Halkirk
9.Log on to .Org
10.Get a summer job up there

Fran
20-Feb-06, 13:17
Oh no, Ive missed him again, ive been at my window with the camera to the ready, as i expect connie has. i will just have to take a drive to john O groats.

krieve
20-Feb-06, 14:43
Oh no, Ive missed him again, ive been at my window with the camera to the ready, as i expect connie has. i will just have to take a drive to john O groats.
naked rambler was due to arrive at 1 o'clock he should be there fran you better hurry

emszxr
20-Feb-06, 16:28
has he made it?????????

porshiepoo
20-Feb-06, 16:54
Hubby caught sight of them early this morning.
He had to pull over to ring me, well he had to pull over anyway cos he was laughing so much, lol.
He said he passed a car that was pulled over and they flashed their lights at him obviously to warn him but he never clicked on as to what they meant. He said they'd had to pull over to cos they both seemed to be laughing. :lol:

Funny as it is, I still think he needs help. How long before someone crashes? Either through goggling too much or laughing.:lol:

willowbankbear
20-Feb-06, 17:15
I bet you would pull over for hjim PPoo, drag him in yer car for a closer look!!!!!!
Imagine walking naked round these parts in winter-NUTS[evil]
Does any1 else say "let it snow rain & hail " just for mr.Gough apart from Porshiepoo Fran an Me?????

kas
20-Feb-06, 17:18
I heard in work he had arrived in Groats about 1 o clock.

willowbankbear
20-Feb-06, 17:36
So what did he do when he got to polar bear city??? Any1 fae Groats want to tell the un-informed here in sunny warm Wick?? Did he go for a pint or not?[lol]

angela5
20-Feb-06, 23:31
So what did he do when he got to polar bear city??? Any1 fae Groats want to tell the un-informed here in sunny warm Wick?? Did he go for a pint or not?[lol]

I heard on moray firth he celebrated by putting his clothes on...[lol]

JimH
20-Feb-06, 23:40
No good him coming to Halkirk - its in the middle of nowhere

willowbankbear
21-Feb-06, 02:34
No good him coming to Halkirk - its in the middle of nowhere

And Groats is the centre o the universe!!![lol] [lol] [lol]

Fran
21-Feb-06, 02:49
well, the naked rambler certainly gave us a laugh on caithness org. dissapointed i missed him as he will go down in history as the only person to do the end to end naked. He will probably be in the guiness book of records and he will be famous now. congratulations to him and well done. i wonder if he will ever go on caithness org and see what the orgers have been saying about him!!!!!

willowbankbear
21-Feb-06, 02:54
I was just looking at his website, thankfully i didnt see a picture though

connieb19
21-Feb-06, 09:48
I was just looking at his website, thankfully i didnt see a picture thoughWel I did, and it's not a pretty sight. Even the magnificent 7 look quite hunky in comparison!![para] :evil

willowbankbear
21-Feb-06, 09:55
Jings Crivens Besse mi Coula, He must be a bonnie & ugly chiel then coz none of the 7 could model socks, even their feet are gross

Mamabear
21-Feb-06, 12:46
He`s not that bad willowbankbear, but after a wash & some clothes on hes got to be better than the Camps Elite Supermodels, hehehe , that was funny that thread though.:lol:

Saveman
21-Feb-06, 13:46
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4735024.stm

Crazy people...... :lol:

DrSzin
21-Feb-06, 14:28
The BBC report linked to by Saveman contains the following statements by the naked rambler:

"It has been pretty cold and the locals have been coming up to us offering us whisky and all sorts."

"They've been very, very friendly. We passed a school and there were even parents coming out with video cameras."

Why was he walking past a school? With freedom comes responsibility, and that is something this self-centred self-publicist seems to lack.

Imho he's not doing this out of principle, he's doing it purely for himself.

Rheghead
21-Feb-06, 14:45
I saw him last week crossing the Dornoch bridge but he had a similarly clad female companion with him, did she go all the way too?

porshiepoo
21-Feb-06, 15:20
Way to go DrSzin, say it lak it is! :o)

Just out of interest - as I've never seen this 'mad rambler', did he have shoes and socks on? Just asking.

I found it very strange that he would comment that he's 'putting clothes on to celebrate'?????????[para]

pie2000
21-Feb-06, 15:30
I seen him at the top o dunbeath on saturday night with just socks and boots and his backpack on girlfriend was with him but she was sensible and had her clothes on. Quite a distraction on the road really , I had to abort my overtakeing to get a better look haha.

DrSzin
21-Feb-06, 15:51
Porshie, you shoulda been up earlier on Sunday. According to his website he was in Porshietown at 9am. He didn't say anything about being chased by big dogs and a woman carrying two bricks in a threatening manner, so I'd already guessed that you missed him. Pity. :(

Let's try to convince him to do his next ramble across Canada -- in winter. He could be sponsored by the frostbite research institute. ;)

willowbankbear
21-Feb-06, 15:55
DrZhin your stealing my thunder man!!! But I say Alaska or Siberia& we wont hear of this nude numptie again

Rheghead
21-Feb-06, 15:56
He didn't say anything about being chased by big dogs and a woman carrying two bricks in a threatening manner

I'd be more worried about her eagle owl masel[para]

willowbankbear
21-Feb-06, 15:59
She s a woman of many talents, sure she`s no a Lion tamer as well??:lol:

DrSzin
21-Feb-06, 16:08
Sorry Mr Bear, I make a full public admission that I stole your idea. :o Anyway, I picked Canada so that wickerinca and canuck could share his presence. :roll:

I always knew Caithness fowk had good taste, but I've just discovered that some of our woolly friends share that taste. From today's Guardian:

His perplexity over his destination is not difficult to understand. In the dead of winter John O'Groats has all the charm of a labour camp. The hotel is boarded up and Caithness Candles' doors are closed. A few hardy souls jump from their cars for the obligatory photograph beside the village sign then promptly jump back in and speed off. Even the sheep look unimpressed. Still, the locals have been nice.

Btw porshie, the photo in the Guardian article (http://www.guardian.co.uk/country/article/0,,1714260,00.html) answers your first question. (I hope it's ok to post that link here. If you don't want to see the naked rambler and ramblette, then don't click on it.)

willowbankbear
21-Feb-06, 17:12
NO Probs DrZhin it brought a smile up

porshiepoo
21-Feb-06, 22:55
Thanks for that Szinny me old mucker. Had a quick butchers at the site and it would appear that being naked doesn't include leaving socks and shoes at home. [para] I mean, we weren't born with those on either were we! I suspect this whole thing was more about exposing himself than to teach people about nudity. What a complete pratt!

ice box
21-Feb-06, 23:03
Come on now porshie you dont expect him to walk bare feet the lenght and breadth of Britain lol

angela5
22-Feb-06, 09:36
Thanks for that Szinny me old mucker. Had a quick butchers at the site and it would appear that being naked doesn't include leaving socks and shoes at home. [para] I mean, we weren't born with those on either were we! I suspect this whole thing was more about exposing himself than to teach people about nudity. What a complete pratt!

In today's paper the naked rambler said, "he does'nt plan to do the walk again..[lol] maybe he was disappointed at the poor turnout at john'o'groats..
Fran..you really should of hired a mini bus for us all instead of going alone..[lol]

connieb19
22-Feb-06, 09:43
Was there many folk at JOG Fran......Did you get some pictures?...[para] [lol]

porshiepoo
22-Feb-06, 10:03
Come on now porshie you dont expect him to walk bare feet the lenght and breadth of Britain lol

Hahahaha! I most certainly do IceBox. lol. If this was all about being 'naked', then naked he should be - fully!