PDA

View Full Version : Footbal awards

Tom Cornwall
18-Feb-06, 21:04
As it’s award time again, I was wondering who you would nominate for an acting award on the football field.
I would like to nominate the Rangers player, Kyrgiakas, for his impression of ‘going down like a bag of tatties’, when he went down in the game against Celtic last week. Hartson was well away from him and the ref was quite close, but he never even got a yellow card for it.(I’m not a ‘Gers or Celtic fan, bye the way)
I think refs are paid a very large amount of money, and must be the most embarrassed people in the country when they watch videos of games they officiate in, seeing how they get fooled most of the time.
And what about the new offside and obstruction laws?? But I’ll leave that for another day

willowbankbear
18-Feb-06, 21:16
Soti was adisgrace last sunday,no arguement.

I nominate Celik past & present- Petrov wheres yer snorkel, Sutton &
Larsson. for services to diving

I nominate Tom cornwall for wind -ups.

:Razz :p :grin:

landmarker
18-Feb-06, 23:00
Am I the only one depressed to find all these foreign names in a thread about Scottish footballers.

Gilzean, Gemmel, Law, BRemner and Baxter....Oh!where are your ilk now?

We cannot be surprised at the antics of continental players in feigning injury and kidding ref's, they have been doing it for decades. Now, it's part and parcel of our game.

Loafer
19-Feb-06, 15:00
"Super" Ally Macoist was rather well aqainted at diving when no cheil was near him, he got a Greg Luganis award a few years back.........

The Loafer

obiron
19-Feb-06, 17:37
super ally wasnt that bad not in the same league as petrov.

landmarker
19-Feb-06, 17:43
Manchester City on the box tonight 5th round FA Cup tie at Villa.
Is it on north of the border?
Doubt it.

I am quietly confident but ultimately indifferent it has to be said.
I used to live and breathe football in a past life. Such matters seemed really important.

scotsboy
19-Feb-06, 17:49
In this respect he certainly was the King of Kings - there can be only one.......Henrik Larson

Saveman
19-Feb-06, 17:51
Doubt it.

I am quietly confident but ultimately indifferent it has to be said.
I used to live and breathe football in a past life. Such matters seemed really important.

Isn't it funny how things change as you get older.
ManU getting beaten by Liverpool would have made me very unhappy for a few days and unwilling to talk about the game. Within 5 min of the game finishing yesterday I was completely unconcerned and thinking more about poor Alan Smith!

landmarker
19-Feb-06, 18:17
Isn't it funny how things change as you get older.
ManU getting beaten by Liverpool would have made me very unhappy for a few days and unwilling to talk about the game. Within 5 min of the game finishing yesterday I was completely unconcerned and thinking more about poor Alan Smith!

I believe it was a terrible injury. Ferguson said it was ' the worst he'd ever seen' and given the David Buust (Coventry defender) dreadful & sickening leg break at Old Trafford a few years ago that was some statement. I dont have much time for Alan Smith, or Manchester United to be honest, but I wish him an eventual recovery and hope he pulls on a red shirt again before the end of next season. It's a ridiculously (obscenely) well paid occupation , but still a short one. It's always unkind when injury curtails it even more.

I still suspect most British pro footballers would play for nothing, if the cash dried up. When I was young and fit I'd have crawled over broken glass to get a game at Maine Road.

Saveman
19-Feb-06, 18:56
I believe it was a terrible injury. Ferguson said it was ' the worst he'd ever seen' and given the David Buust (Coventry defender) dreadful & sickening leg break at Old Trafford a few years ago that was some statement. I dont have much time for Alan Smith, or Manchester United to be honest, <snip>

You being a ManC supporter, I'm not surprised! :D I have to admit I was very surprised when Fergie went after Smith....he just didn't seem to cut it. Then he scored an amazing goal against Norwich, and dominated the midfield against Chelsea. Apart from that I still wasn't impressed...until yesterday, I too hope he pulls on the shirt again and runs out in front of the Old Traffoird crowd, just to hear the roar he'll get. If he plays well then that'll be a bonus....

Loafer
21-Feb-06, 08:09
super ally wasnt that bad not in the same league as petrov.

You must either be very young or have a short memory. Coisty was as bad as I've ever seen. The thing with him was that it was all made a joke of "There's Ally Macoist, been tripped, penalty. No, look the wee scallywag dived, only super ally could do that, drone, drone, drone" One I recall even beat Kirgiakos, Macoist was at least a YARD away from the player and he dived. Worst thing was the referee seemed to be laughing with him.

The Loafer

DW
21-Feb-06, 09:18
Doubt it.

Oh aye it's on.
Can't understand why the numpties that run the telly think that girls with brains want to watch football on a Tuesday night.

Especially foriegn football - bet they wouldn't put Raith Rovers on in Englandshire if they were playing in Europe. :mad: :lol:

willowbankbear
21-Feb-06, 10:16
Betty, You wouldnt put Raith Rovers on the telly in THIS country, Spare us please would be the answer to that one.
While were on the subject of football awards, who is the dirtiest player youve ever seen???

1.Gregor Stevens - Rangers
2.Peter Rasputin Grant- Cellik
3.Willie Miller-Aberdheen

Who are yours?

melted_wellie
21-Feb-06, 10:20
Oh aye it's on.
Can't understand why the numpties that run the telly think that girls with brains want to watch football on a Tuesday night.

Especially foriegn football - bet they wouldn't put Raith Rovers on in Englandshire if they were playing in Europe. :mad: :lol:what was the score then sweaty,i guess you watched it all then.

Geo
21-Feb-06, 10:30
Does it have to players in Scottish teams?
If not I nominate Arjen Robben for his antics in the Liverpool v Chelsea game.

I thought it was so bad I emailed Horlicks and suggested they add the video clip to their "How does he sleep at night campaign."

obiron
21-Feb-06, 15:03
not that young loafer. so it must be ma short term memory. super ally was ma fave rangers player just of that age. he scored goals and thats what counts at the end of the day.

willowbankbear
21-Feb-06, 15:23
not that young loafer. so it must be ma short term memory. super ally was ma fave rangers player just of that age. he scored goals and thats what counts at the end of the day.

And he made a large contribution to 9IAR , For that he will always be Super Ally , winner of the golden boot twice!

Another award given out today- Rangers top scorer post war
Why is noone else awarding anything????

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Feb-06, 06:16
And he made a large contribution to 9IAR , For that he will always be Super Ally , winner of the golden boot twice!

Another award given out today- Rangers top scorer post war
Why is noone else awarding anything????

'cause no-one else is as sad or insecure...

willowbankbear
22-Feb-06, 10:18
Thanks pc thats so constructive on your behalf.
I see nothing has changed with your short break off the board, Insecure - No I dont think so, maybe you are,but im not going to trade insults. Sad - definately maybe, I was bored yesterday but i didnt start this thread , most of us footy fans are , Dont you think??