PDA

View Full Version : A dog is for life not just a passing phase.

Blondie
09-Mar-09, 14:04
I am sick to the back teeth of people getting dogs then getting fed up with them! They then go on to lie about their reasons for getting rid of them! Unbelievable!

People can see through the lies.

It disgusts me [disgust]

GruesomeTwosome
09-Mar-09, 14:27
I feel very sad when a family/individual takes on a pet and due to change in circumstances leads to the pet having to be rehomed etc. It must be so distressing and upsetting for those people too, it would kill me if I had to give my dogs up.

But I have to agree with you Blondie, there is no excuse for people taking on pets for the wrong reasons, not doing adequite research, lack of preparation and knowledge which in 9 out of 10 cases ends in rehoming and the only one who suffers is the animal who then has had a very bad start in life which can affect them throughout the rest of their life which can make them difficult to place in a new home. There are some very irresponsible people out there who have no idea how bad their actions can affect others.

I will commend those who do perhaps take on a pet and realising they should have looked into it a bit more but those who take steps and put in the time, effort, patience...... and all the attitudes required to own a pet responsibly and then reap the benefits of having a pet.