PDA

View Full Version : Pat on the back club

piratelassie
09-Mar-09, 01:38
It's been hard but I am still managing..(stoped smoking that is)..DAVIE .......noticed you said you have been stoped for eight weeks, take a well done and a pat on the back....
Its been about fourteen weeks for me, but it is stll a struggle, anyone else out there needing a pat on the back...? :)

kitty kat
09-Mar-09, 01:54
i finally set date so my other half can make an honest woman of me:D
after 6 years its about time really.

i would love to congratulate both you and davie on your achievement well done and keep up the good work :Razz

cuddlepop
09-Mar-09, 09:54
Pat on the back for you and davie,its a wonderful achievment to have stopped smoking.Kitty kat congratulations on becominh an " honest" woman soon.

golach
09-Mar-09, 10:18
Well done all, who have managed to stop, I managed on doctors orders over seven years ago, and to any that are struggling, it does get better.

Angela
09-Mar-09, 10:39
A pat on the back for my son Tom -he stopped smoking on New Year's Day (his second attempt) and so far so good this time.:)

Well done, my boy!;)

davie
09-Mar-09, 22:15
Thanks for the pat on the back piratelassie - xxx !. I am still sucking on this Nicorette thing long after the wee capsule is empty so I suppose thats just habit.I think I am feeling a lot better physically, even started getting out for a brisk walk every day to try and get my lungs working a bit better. It should also help to get rid of the huge belly that developed after the cigs stopped!
Its amazing what you can do when its getting near life and death.

balto
09-Mar-09, 22:33
It's been hard but I am still managing..(stoped smoking that is)..DAVIE .......noticed you said you have been stoped for eight weeks, take a well done and a pat on the back....
Its been about fourteen weeks for me, but it is stll a struggle, anyone else out there needing a pat on the back...? :)

Thanks for the pat on the back piratelassie - xxx !. I am still sucking on this Nicorette thing long after the wee capsule is empty so I suppose thats just habit.I think I am feeling a lot better physically, even started getting out for a brisk walk every day to try and get my lungs working a bit better. It should also help to get rid of the huge belly that developed after the cigs stopped!
Its amazing what you can do when its getting near life and death.
well done to you both huge pats on the backs flying towards you lol. well done:Razz

piratelassie
09-Mar-09, 23:11
Yes it was on doctors orders that I had to stop, but I had been planing to stop smoking for months just was never getting round to it .Now I have the problem of cant stop eating since I stoped the patches.Never mind Ill get over that in time...thanks for the support...and yes davie Ill need to get walking too

davie
10-Mar-09, 19:02
piratelassie - my apologies for not extending congrats to you too - I am so puffed up (sxuse the pun) with managing to stop myself that I am getting even more selfish and not considering anyone else. The hunger is a major prob for me - about 2" on the waistline in 8 weeks and I am getting nearly as broad as I am long. Tried eating carrots yesterday which only helped for 1/2 an hour. I have not had any choccy biccies for a week so thats a start. The walking will be a big benefit but its so bliddy cold and wet out there its a struggle to get going.

EDDIE
10-Mar-09, 20:13

You have to keep going the first 3 months which have done is the worst peroid it should start getting easier i look on things as every month is an achievment and i think u notice a difference everymonth more so than days im 7 months stopped i dont really get cravings its more of a case im moody but hoperfulley this will pass.

piratelassie
12-Mar-09, 00:47
WELL DONE EDDIE, HAVE A PAT ON THE BACK....Feeling reached another goal today..did'nt have a sweety..just some gum..

ciderally
12-Mar-09, 05:29
well done everyone...it must be 8 weeks for me now...but not getting any easier...very very nearly had one yesterday...

cuddlepop
12-Mar-09, 11:02
well done everyone...it must be 8 weeks for me now...but not getting any easier...very very nearly had one yesterday...

Dont you dare 8 weeks is a great achievment,two pats on the back for you.:D

Yesterday was national no smoking day so someone was looking after you,a puff then would have been so ironic.:eek: