PDA

View Full Version : whats the daftest thing you have said.

balto
08-Mar-09, 22:56
it was decided today that we would have pork chops for tea, but we hadnt taken them out of the freezer in time for them to fully defrost, so he who shall remain nameless for risk of getting a red face, he decided to put them in the microwzve to help them defrost in time, so through he came trying to figure out what setting to put them on, the plonker asked me what was pork meat or poultry lol, as soon as he said it, he realised what a plonker he was lol.[lol]

so my question is , have you said anything daft like that without thinking.

MasterSplinter
08-Mar-09, 23:24
I remember trying to say "Thumb Sucker", but it came out as
"Sum Thucker":eek:

Kevin Milkins
08-Mar-09, 23:45
I will. :lol:

purplelady
08-Mar-09, 23:57
I asked for a cheese salad sandwich at work with out any salad lol

teenybash
09-Mar-09, 00:18
I was asked to lift a rather large heavy suitcase and retorted ' Who do you think I am Herrycools!' Instead of Herculese.........never did lift the suitcase, not because it was too heavy but, because I fell into fits of laughter...........:Razz

golach
09-Mar-09, 00:42
I do...........:(

upolian
09-Mar-09, 14:33
yes i will be your bf....:roll:

balto
09-Mar-09, 15:00
what are you men like, bet you would be lost without your other halfs.:Razz

coastown
09-Mar-09, 15:10
My grandaughter wanted to go to the cafe, saying she wanted a sausage roll with tomato sauce, and a slush puppy, she went on and on about me not forgetting the tomato sauce, went to the counter asked for a sausage roll and a slush puppy ,the woman behind the counter asked what flavour of slush puppy do you want ,what did i say tomato sauce flavour didnt realise what i said ,it gave her a laugh anyway.:roll:

shazzy
09-Mar-09, 18:07
'Your family can stay for as long as they want'!!

Kevin Milkins
09-Mar-09, 18:11
'Your family can stay for as long as they want'!!

Nice one.

I hope when you moved up from Bath you forgot to tell them where you were moving to.lol

ShelleyCowie
09-Mar-09, 18:31
I have said too many silly things to list on here....honestly :eek:

Examples though:-

"Is East Anglia in Africa"
"Are the blue lines on maps rivers that divide America?"
"The capital of Scotland is Glasgow"

Geography is not my strong point! :lol:

shazzy
09-Mar-09, 18:42
No,stupid,stupid me!!! Guess where everyone is inviting themselves for there holidays? Happy days!

Iffy
09-Mar-09, 19:22
When I worked in a hotel as a receptionist/waitress a group of three young french girls came in for a snack to eat. Their English was very good and, after perusing the menu, one of them asked me,

"Would it be OK for me to have a chicken toastie?" (this wasn't on the menu)

I MEANT to say "I'll just check with the kitchen"

BUT what did I say ???? ....................

"I'll just check with the chicken " !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think said chicken would've been too happy eh :lol:

Kevin Milkins
09-Mar-09, 19:26
When I worked in a hotel as a receptionist/waitress a group of three young french girls came in for a snack to eat. Their English was very good and, after perusing the menu, one of them asked me,

What was the chickens reply Iffy?

"You'll be cluckey".:lol:

Breeches
09-Mar-09, 19:40
" I want to see the film with Bogrey Humphart" (Humphrey Bogart)

unicorn
09-Mar-09, 19:41
Working in the bar and someone asked what I was going to be up to as I just finished my shift and it was a lovely summer afternoon. I replied I am going to trim my bush and then sit in the garden in the sun........much spluttering of beer all round before I realised what I had said......I was talking about my privet.[lol]

Gene Hunt
09-Mar-09, 20:19
I have had a few during my time in as an Air Trafficker.

Years ago on my first day at Gatwick after being transferred from Manchester I had a brain burp and told an aircraft who asked for the wind speed and direction "Surface wind at Manchester is 200 at 20 knots", the pilot came back with "That's nice, but what's it doing here ??"

Had an American A-10 aircraft (known as a Warthog) with the callsign Bacon divert in for a radar approach to roll (touch down and then lift staright off again) into the visual circuit. I called the Visual Controller upstairs for clearance and said .. "A10 at four miles, Bacon Roll",

I also got into trouble for a verbal faux pas on freq after joking with a Pilot who had a Fokker Friendship cut him off on a taxiway. I mispronounced Fokker when trying to be funny by saying "You have to watch out for those Fokkers" .. :eek:

And they were all taped .. :(

balto
09-Mar-09, 22:36

oh iffy that is pure brilliant. made my night[lol][lol]

balto
09-Mar-09, 22:37
Working in the bar and someone asked what I was going to be up to as I just finished my shift and it was a lovely summer afternoon. I replied I am going to trim my bush and then sit in the garden in the sun........much spluttering of beer all round before I realised what I had said......I was talking about my privet.[lol]
brilliant one also unicorn.

joxville
09-Mar-09, 22:51

If you need assistance I'm only too happy to help..............distance no object. :D

balto
09-Mar-09, 22:54
If you need assistance I'm only too happy to help..............distance no object. :D
you got sharp enough shears jox's

joxville
09-Mar-09, 22:56
you got sharp enough shears jox's

My Black and Decker can deal with anything. ;)[lol]

unicorn
09-Mar-09, 23:33
That was a very red faced moment I can tell you :lol:

weeboyagee
10-Mar-09, 19:51
what are you men like, bet you would be lost without your other halfs.:Razz
Nah - she landed legless on me at my 40th - saw her recently - she has a new job as a model in one of the charity shops in Wick - she can't be doing much - she's forever gawking out the window on the passers-by..... I'm well rid really.

WBG :cool:

Vistravi
10-Mar-09, 20:04
"Where's spain?"
My sister asked me this last year. fell to the floor with laughter at her as everyone knows where spain is. :roll: