PDA

View Full Version : Labrador Rescue Fundraiser

Allsorts
08-Mar-09, 21:38
Hello Everyone,

Please come and support us and help us raise funds for Labrador Rescue on SATURDAY 21st MARCH at the Bower community hall 12.00 onwards. Lots of stalls, raffles, guessing games and lots more including pet portraits being taken so bring your pet with you. Tea and coffee also available.

dragonfly
08-Mar-09, 21:41
putting it on the calendar now so as not to forget Allsorts :)

Allsorts
08-Mar-09, 21:44
Thank you, def worth coming to.

neepnipper
08-Mar-09, 22:22
I'll be there helping out, also booked in for a reading with the spiritualist healer who'll be there.

Allsorts
09-Mar-09, 10:43
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/Seonaid40/labresposter-1.jpg

Sage
09-Mar-09, 10:45
Aaaaw Pooh I'm helping out at a coffee morning that day :mad:

If I can duck out early I'll be there!

dousslesh
09-Mar-09, 15:07
Can I suggest that you post this on The Animal thread too ? I nearly missed this !

fuzzypeg
11-Mar-09, 18:09
good luck for a great day

Allsorts
13-Mar-09, 22:40
Just wanted to remind folk of a great fundraiser, Please come and support us.
Thanks

linkside
15-Mar-09, 10:58
I'll be there because I'll be working at it as well.

Allsorts
15-Mar-09, 15:56
snap so see you there....

linkside
16-Mar-09, 18:22
I'll be the one with two feet and a beard lol

binbob
20-Mar-09, 19:33
hi..can u please tell me how to get to the venue???from halkirk???

many thanks...;)

Allsorts
20-Mar-09, 21:35
HI,
I prb want tell you the easiest way but I would come up from Halkirk towards the wick/thurso road and then go straight across at that junction and keep driving till I get to Gillock where you turn Left up to Bower. Its in the hall at the top of the hill.

See you tomorrow, just finished doing a pile of baking for the baking stall tomorrow

neepnipper
20-Mar-09, 22:29
Just got one batch of dog biscuits left to make in the morning and I've got to 'ice' my pup cakes!:D

binbob
20-Mar-09, 22:51
HI,
I prb want tell you the easiest way but I would come up from Halkirk towards the wick/thurso road and then go straight across at that junction and keep driving till I get to Gillock where you turn Left up to Bower. Its in the hall at the top of the hill.

See you tomorrow, just finished doing a pile of baking for the baking stall tomorrow

yum..yum.....:Razz

binbob
20-Mar-09, 22:52
Just got one batch of dog biscuits left to make in the morning and I've got to 'ice' my pup cakes!:D

yummmy..from penny,saffi,lottie and phoebe basset......:lol:

Fran
22-Mar-09, 04:03
I was so dissapointed i didn't make it, i had to work. I also wanted to see the spiritualist healer to see if he could do anything with my knee!!!! Plus Bobby wanted to see the other labradors. when's the next time?!!!

neepnipper
22-Mar-09, 07:51
They'll be another one in September.:D

anneoctober
22-Mar-09, 23:28
I'll be the one with two feet and a beard lol
Aye, making an "ass" of some o us!!! [lol]

tootler
23-Mar-09, 00:29
I was so dissapointed

So was I! Organisers of this event: next time, could you implement the ban on dogs in the hall to include all dogs?

"Health and safety" is a good reason to not allow dogs into an area where food is being served. But while I drank my coffee and ate my delicious cake, there were FIVE labradors in the hall, while a beautiful husky, a whippet, a greyhound and a spaniel were waiting outside because "we can't let dogs in except for a few 'special' ones...."

It's not like the dogs in the hall were even guide dogs... or even particularly well behaved...

Please, make it clear on the posters for next time that this is NOT a suitable event to bring dogs along to and PLEASE don't allow "special" dogs (labradors!) to come in while leaving all the others out in the cold!

(It was otherwise a lovely event and I hope you raised lots of money for Labrador Rescue.:))

Allsorts
23-Mar-09, 12:49
Thank you to everyone who came along and support such a worthwhile cause, the dogs that need our care in the future will be very grateful of the money raised to allow the work to continue.

The dogs outside did not have to wait outside they could have waited in their cars and I am sure if you ask the owners their dogs were there to have their photos taken which was very very popular. Each dog had been given a number so that they knew the order there photo would be taken in and also would have been called to come in if they were in their cars.

The few dogs that were in the hall were there to represent the rescue by getting awards, sorry if you missed them getting presented with memorial trophy awards or were dogs that had been rescued and were now happy with their new owners. They were all very well behaved and kept away from the area where people were drinking tea.

Thanks again to everyone that supports this much needed rescue.