PDA

View Full Version : Teenagers in bridge street

angela5
18-Feb-06, 16:46
What on earth was all the trouble in bridge street about an hour ago outside the cancer shop? several teenagers having a right go at each other one had a knuckle duster on:roll: .
What is happening to wick this is broad day-light with many shoppers around.
Anyway several were carted off in the riot van.

willowbankbear
18-Feb-06, 16:56
Stupid wee boys will be on cctv, Ive not been down town yet but im going for something to eat in a short while. Try & find oot for ye

ice box
18-Feb-06, 18:41
I seen one of the boys being taken off by the police there allways some one causeing trouble

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 19:28
Jeepers..what's happening to everyone in this town[mad]

wicker
18-Feb-06, 19:33
The town is reasonably dry on cannibus at the moment so i can only presume that that will be having an effect on these kids getting so unruly

JAWS
18-Feb-06, 19:37
Perhaps they couldn't agree on a price! :grin:

Oops. I'm sorry. We aren't supposed to discuss such things are we, it upsets people!

Gleber2
18-Feb-06, 19:39
The police are doing their job it would appear and the resulting shortage of drugs will be seriously affecting those who must have it. The shortage of cannabis always leads to excess drinking but the shortage of class A drugs can lead to much worse. Where does it go from here? Before long there will be a new supplier and eveything will go back to "normal".

BRIE
18-Feb-06, 19:52
I moved up here thinking my kids would grow up in a quieter enviroment & there would be less likelyhood of them getting in trouble as they grew up but it appears everywhere is the same.

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 19:58
I moved up here thinking my kids would grow up in a quieter enviroment & there would be less likelyhood of them getting in trouble as they grew up but it appears everywhere is the same.Brie, certain people would be happier if we just put our rose tinted glasses on and pretend its all lovely and rosy. I wish i could post a link because I have some lovely cute little kittens i'm sure everyone would like to see!!:roll:

willowbankbear
18-Feb-06, 20:00
I moved up here thinking my kids would grow up in a quieter enviroment & there would be less likelyhood of them getting in trouble as they grew up but it appears everywhere is the same.

Aye but on a much smaller scale up here than down south, Id say, maybe im wrong but thats my opinion

phoenix
18-Feb-06, 20:01
The town is reasonably dry on cannibus at the moment so i can only presume that that will be having an effect on these kids getting so unruly

What did I say in a previous thread........or was it this one[smirk]I must be psychic:grin:No doubt Ill live to regret saying this:RazzI for one truly hope that Caithness stays dry for the sake of all the families whose lives are being destroyed by these morons who keep supplying these young people with dope and other substances.[mad]Now the police will have something else to do for a change, theyll have their work cut out for them..........

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 20:07
What did I say in a previous thread........or was it this one[smirk]I must be psychic:grin:No doubt Ill live to regret saying this:RazzI for one truly hope that Caithness stays dry for the sake of all the families whose lives are being destroyed by these morons who keep supplying these young people with dope and other substances.[mad]Now the police will have something else to do for a change, theyll have their work cut out for them..........You're right Phoenix...you did say this and I reknon you're spot on with your theory..

ice box
18-Feb-06, 20:32
You call the town full of drugs normal if the police do there jobs right there shouldnt be any amount of drugs in the town there always preching about crackin down on drugs so why dont they try and stop it all together instead of letting them off take that case from lybster were the man had a thousand of pound of E's in his bed room what did he get oh a FINE and slap on the wrist and dont do it again what a joke bring back the good old coppers that will do somthing about it this town a joke . Grrrrrrrrrr

golach
18-Feb-06, 20:37
You call the town full of drugs normal if the police do there jobs right there shouldnt be any amount of drugs in the town there always preching about crackin down on drugs so why dont they try and stop it all together instead of letting them off take that case from lybster were the man had a thousand of pound of E's in his bed room what did he get oh a FINE and slap on the wrist and dont do it again what a joke bring back the good old coppers that will do somthing about it this town a joke . Grrrrrrrrrr
Ice Box, the police do arrest them, its the Sheriffs who do the sentencing, the police are just as frustrated as you an me

phoenix
18-Feb-06, 20:39
Thanks Connie:)Ive had reason to be involved in the drugs scene and know from experience.......having had to approach the police myself about a matter close to home...........what did the cops do not a thing.........theyll pull in the odd dopesmoker now and again so as to let people think that they are doing their job, but in reality they are quite happy to close a blind eye to what is really going on in the community............gives them a lot less paper work![evil]

phoenix
18-Feb-06, 20:45
The bit I dont understand is if the kids know where to get it, why doesnt the police know :confused:

ice box
18-Feb-06, 20:46
Ice Box, the police do arrest them, its the Sheriffs who do the sentencing, the police are just as frustrated as you an me
Well the police cant still be doing there job right because if they had enough evidence to put to the sheriff they sheriff would bang them up so i don't think there doing there job thats my opinion

ice box
18-Feb-06, 20:48
The bit I dont understand is if the kids know where to get it, why doesnt the police know :confused:
They do there just scared off them

krieve
18-Feb-06, 20:50
Thanks Connie:)Ive had reason to be involved in the drugs scene and know from experience.......having had to approach the police myself about a matter close to home...........what did the cops do not a thing.........theyll pull in the odd dopesmoker now and again so as to let people think that they are doing their job, but in reality they are quite happy to close a blind eye to what is really going on in the community............gives them a lot less paper work![evil]
Well said phoenix
The police couldn't care less about what goes on they just want to sit eating their dough nuts lol. Lets face it all the do up here is stop drivers for minor faults. They should be raiding the drug dealers houses and get them locked up how long is it you get for dealing class A drugs??? Oh i forgot up here its a fine and a couple hours community service grrrrrrrrrrr

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 20:52
The ones who get caught are obviously at the informing..why else the light sentences..:mad:

ice box
18-Feb-06, 20:54
I so true krieve there would pull over some poor sod for a brake bulb gone than catch a class A drug dealer giveing to young kids makews my blood boil

phoenix
18-Feb-06, 21:42
I had names at one time of some dealers to give to the police {this wasnt in Caithness BTW} did they want to know....no they didnt..... as they already knew who they were[evil]If I remember rightly it was the bigger guys they were after.....not sure what theyre called..........I could find a few names I could call them[evil]

JAWS
18-Feb-06, 22:10
It's all due to a misunderstanding.

Somebody told the Government, who them told the Police, that "Speed" Kills.

As usual, they jumped to the wrong conclusions and didn't realise they were being told about Drugs.

Now the police have targeted their resources on drivers dealing in "Speed".

Can't help it, poor dears, you can only feel sorry for them.

landmarker
18-Feb-06, 22:39
Im beginning to wonder in a whimsical way if all these dire stories about Wick are a conspiracy to put off incomers from the south.

If so, it's working LOL.

phoenix
18-Feb-06, 23:02
Im beginning to wonder in a whimsical way if all these dire stories about Wick are a conspiracy to put off incomers from the south.

If so, it's working LOL.

Theres method in our madness landmarker:RazzIt is all very true though sadly to say:(but dont let that put you off theres a lot more good up here than there is bad.............and the good will always overcome the bad:grin:

Moira
18-Feb-06, 23:06
Theres method in our madness landmarker:RazzIt is all very true though sadly to say:(but dont let that put you off theres a lot more good up here than there is bad.............and the good will always overcome the bad:grin:

I would agree totally phoenix. Landmarker - quite honestly I think Caithness is just starting to catch up on the rest of the country - but there's a whole lot of goodness left too - I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! :grin:

_Ju_
18-Feb-06, 23:21

Oh, come on!!!!!! Is there another place in Europe where they leave prams with children at the shop door???

Putting a child in what you consider a safe, sterile enviroment will not stop it from getting envolved with drugs. What MIGHT protect a child is teaching it, giving information and being there and open to discussion

cuddlepop
18-Feb-06, 23:28
Land marker please post something on W hy so many complaints please.You seem to be getting the same impression as me about the area .:cry:

krieve
18-Feb-06, 23:58
Sorry to say cuddlepop everyone is telling the truth what the point in sugar coating it ,it not going to make it any less true

Bingobabe
19-Feb-06, 00:02
isnt cannibis supposed to make you dopy and put you in a cant be bothered mood may be its speed there on doesnt it make you more manic :confused :p

connieb19
19-Feb-06, 00:05
isnt cannibis supposed to make you dopy and put you in a cant be bothered mood may be its speed there on doesnt it make you more manic :confused :pI think it's because the town is dry of cannabis just now:roll:

ice box
19-Feb-06, 00:25
Well lets just hope it stays dry .

Dali
19-Feb-06, 13:20
Just to say the fight yesterday had nothing to do with drugs or the lack of it at all .
And i am amazed at how many of you seem to know the town is dry .
Is this advertised in the paper for all to see or is it that your knowledge of drugs is a bit closer to home ?

Saveman
19-Feb-06, 13:32
Has there been a sudden increase in nasty things happening in Wick or has it always been going on and only now being reported on the org?

phoenix
19-Feb-06, 14:15
Just to say the fight yesterday had nothing to do with drugs or the lack of it at all .
And i am amazed at how many of you seem to know the town is dry .
Is this advertised in the paper for all to see or is it that your knowledge of drugs is a bit closer to home ?

It doesnt take a genious to figure out that Caithness is a bit dry at the minute Dali..........Long may it continue :grin: Cuddlepop were not putting Caithness in a bad light..........it is fact! Maybe the problem is too many of us bury our heads in the sand and dont want to face facts..........drugs are a problem! Caithness is not an island it is connected to the mainland and what goes on South of here eventually reaches here. Beats me why some of you appear to think we live in some sort of paradise where everything is sweetness and light.........then again my world is wonderful the little bit of space I inhabit for me is paradise! Im under no illusions though as to what goes on out there in the big wide world. It was going through my mind this morning about how many Mums out there are at their wits end because of their kids getting involved in drugs..........It wrecks homes and destroys lives [evil] And yes Dali it is close to home! How did you guess?

I was thinking this morning that maybe the Mums out there could unite and start a group up and call it something like Mothers Against Drugs...........M.A.D. [mad] I AM A M.A.D. [mad]

Caithness is a still a brilliant place to live though and today is another beautiful day!:}

connieb19
19-Feb-06, 14:24
It doesnt take a genious to figure out that Caithness is a bit dry at the minute Dali..........Long may it continue :grin: Cuddlepop were not putting Caithness in a bad light..........it is fact! Maybe the problem is too many of us bury our heads in the sand and dont want to face facts..........drugs are a problem! Caithness is not an island it is connected to the mainland and what goes on South of here eventually reaches here. Beats me why some of you appear to think we live in some sort of paradise where everything is sweetness and light.........then again my world is wonderful the little bit of space I inhabit for me is paradise! Im under no illusions though as to what goes on out there in the big wide world. It was going through my mind this morning about how many Mums out there are at their wits end because of their kids getting involved in drugs..........It wrecks homes and destroys lives [evil] And yes Dali it is close to home! How did you guess?

I was thinking this morning that maybe the Mums out there could unite and start a group up and call it something like Mothers Against Drugs...........M.A.D. [mad] I AM A M.A.D. [mad]

Caithness is a still a brilliant place to live though and today is another beautiful day!:}Brilliant post phoenix, everything you say is spot on. You are right, it is so worrying, the amount of kids getting involved in drugs now is scary, and it's high time more folk spoke out and tried to do something about it. Starting a group sounds like a really great idea!!

phoenix
19-Feb-06, 14:41
Brilliant post phoenix, everything you say is spot on. You are right, it is so worrying, the amount of kids getting involved in drugs now is scary, and it's high time more folk spoke out and tried to do something about it. Starting a group sounds like a really great idea!!

My heart has been breaking for the past 13yrs connie..........I know from experience how it feels. Im proud to say though that in the early days I did all that I could. Went to the police etc stood up to a group of young ones once who came round our house armed with sticks..........went out and spoke to them and of they went :Razz Ive lined a drug dealer........have been told that hes now frightened of me :Razz Hell hath no fury like a mother scorned especially an Aries mother..........I think its about time we did something [mad] I dont think Cannibis was put on this planet for the purpose of lining drug dealers and drug barons pockets! [disgust]

Loafer
19-Feb-06, 14:56
Maybe Suidi Arabia, Thailand etc laws would help. 20 years or so for posession of very small amounts of cannibis, off with your napper for the smallest amount of heroin etc???????

The Loafer

DrSzin
19-Feb-06, 16:12
Aye but on a much smaller scale up here than down south, Id say, maybe im wrong but thats my opinionHey Mr Bear, the story we get fed down here is that drug problems are much more severe in small coastal towns in the north and east where there's nothing for the locals to do. I kid you not.

phoenix
19-Feb-06, 16:57
I dont agree with that DrSzin ....... small coastal towns and villages are ideal places to bring in the dope for distribution to bigger places [disgust] We were out for a drive one day and just happened to drive to one of the small local harbours and lo and behold who was coming into the harbour in a little boat [smirk]........none other than a local dealer. The thought crossed my mind hed been out picking up his supplies from one of the bigger fish. I could be wrong though he may have been having a day out fishing. [smirk]

phoenix
19-Feb-06, 17:23
In addition when I went to the police in the town where we used to live........they told me that the dealers use some of their punters to get them to go to the schools and hand out "freebies" to the kids.........once the kids aquire a taste for it no longer do they get a "freebie" they then have to pay. [evil]

connieb19
19-Feb-06, 17:30
In addition when I went to the police in the town where we used to live........they told me that the dealers use some of their punters to get them to go to the schools and hand out "freebies" to the kids.........once the kids aquire a taste for it no longer do they get a "freebie" they then have to pay. [evil]I've read about this too. Get them hooked then wallop the prices up. Then the pinching starts!![mad]

Dali
19-Feb-06, 17:32

Caithness is a still a brilliant place to live though and today is another beautiful day!:}

Well unless you are involved in the drug side of things or you or your friends partake in drugs then it would not be comon knowledge.

The problem is anything that happens straight away its the town is dry its the druggies going on a rampage .
These things go on wether drugs are in the town or not. It is the same names that are brought up in most of the posts, its all the time not just when drugs are dry.
And Mothers Agianst Drugs is a reality just search the net its not a new idea its just no one does anythng about it up here . If it is closer to home do something about it join a group get help go to another police force a higher department . Get people on here to do something the police would soon take notice if there was a group of angry parents pestering them every week ..

phoenix
19-Feb-06, 17:42
I've read about this too. Get them hooked then wallop the prices up. Then the pinching starts!![mad]

Thats it connie............these kids need protecting from these morons.[evil]

phoenix
19-Feb-06, 17:51
Well unless you are involved in the drug side of things or you or your friends partake in drugs then it would not be comon knowledge.

The problem is anything that happens straight away its the town is dry its the druggies going on a rampage .
These things go on wether drugs are in the town or not. It is the same names that are brought up in most of the posts, its all the time not just when drugs are dry.
And Mothers Agianst Drugs is a reality just search the net its not a new idea its just no one does anythng about it up here . If it is closer to home do something about it join a group get help go to another police force a higher department . Get people on here to do something the police would soon take notice if there was a group of angry parents pestering them every week ..

You talking to me Dali? What do you mean involved in the drugs side of things :eek:

Its news to me about Mothers Against Drugs never ever heard of it before.........then again it may be my psychic powers at work again.........either that or its come from a higher source [smirk].........and that must be good so I must be on the right track :grin:

Dali
19-Feb-06, 18:04
No not talking direct to you Phoenix. But it is you saying that caithness is dry and that it is comon knowledge .

As i say most of the people in caithness would never know if drugs were available or not . You make it sound like it is advertised or that we all know someone that takes drugs so we could get to find out about the drug scene .

I know what goes on in caithness i am not stupid just how would i or many others know that caithness is dry ?

The closest group to caihtness that i can find if you would like info on ways to get started or to join . Is Alness

http://www.alnessmad.org.uk/

willowbankbear
19-Feb-06, 20:47
What on earth was all the trouble in bridge street about an hour ago outside the cancer shop? several teenagers having a right go at each other one had a knuckle duster on:roll: .
What is happening to wick this is broad day-light with many shoppers around.
Anyway several were carted off in the riot van.

I heard who it was involved, well im not surprised either , Im not going to name anyone but he wasnt on the other thread about violence in Wick.
He is going to be the next generation of trouble maker & is beginning to reach notoriety, thats all I will say.
No names-Good source-no come back on me[lol] [lol] [lol]

phoenix
19-Feb-06, 20:58
No not talking direct to you Phoenix. But it is you saying that caithness is dry and that it is comon knowledge .

As i say most of the people in caithness would never know if drugs were available or not . You make it sound like it is advertised or that we all know someone that takes drugs so we could get to find out about the drug scene .

I know what goes on in caithness i am not stupid just how would i or many others know that caithness is dry ?

The closest group to caihtness that i can find if you would like info on ways to get started or to join . Is Alness

http://www.alnessmad.org.uk/

Dali once upon a time I never ever thought about drugs, didnt want to know about such things, it was nothing to do with me, it happened to other people........I wish I had, then I would have been prepared. If what I have said has touched on one person and it has made them think about drugs and made them aware of what goes on out there in the community and it stops only one child from becoming involved in drugs.........well thats good! Positive critiscism is a good thing! Some people may not like it, I have told it as it is, I am speaking the truth..............but some dont like to hear the truth! Its other peoples perceptions that negates everything [evil] I use my sixth sense that God Blessed me with.........although at times it can also be deemed as a curse! Does that explain to you how I know that Caithness is dry? I was also blessed with eyes, ears, a nose, and a voice..........you know what they say if you dont use them youll loose them! :) Thanks for the link Ill check it out..........but somehow I dont think Ill need it! [smirk]

golach
19-Feb-06, 21:07
Resorect Sherrif Ewan Stewart he would fix them all

Dali
19-Feb-06, 21:18
Well i am not sure what it is that you have put forward for children and parents to think about ?
What have you said about drugs to help people ? I must of missed something
maybe you did this with telepathy with your 6th sense .
Once again nothing will be done you say you would like to start a mothers against drugs, I provide a helpfull link then you say dont think you will need it .

This is the problem people say this and that on here this is bad that service is rubbish the petrol cost is high and so on . Then do nothing about it, Just writing on here in the vain hope that someone else will do it for you .
It is not the content in the threads that will stop people coming up here as this type of thing happens all over . It is the constant moaning with no action they will be bothered about .

squidge
19-Feb-06, 21:22
Lets have a bit of common sense about this. Caithness is one of the safest places to live in the UK - has been for years and still is. Wick and thurso have similar problems to all other towns in the UK - drugs, alcohol and stupid youths causing problems. However the fact remains that comparing Wick or Thurso to places like Salford or Moss Side or the old Ashfield Valley in Rochdale and Sholver in Oldham is completely inapporpriate.

Wick and thurso are still safer than anywhere else. You can still walk home from the pub on a saturday night and not worry too much about violent crime. Sure there have been a spate of burglaries and fighting but the fact that most people know who is responsible suggests that this is isolated and limited to a small group. Imagine the Manchester Evening News giving front page coverage to ANY burglary even one as callous as that which took pace last week.

People STILL leave their babies outside their houses in their prams, children can still play without too much worrying from their parents. Its precisely BECAUSE Caithness is like this that the crimes being discussed are being discussed. My sister was burgled last week - she lives in Middleton just outside Manchester - this is the third time she has been burgled - she shrugs her shoulders and lets the insurance company know.She doesnt expect the local press to report it she didnt even phone me to tell me - when i asked her about it she said - oh yes they took the laptop but it wasnt a big deal. She wouldnt DREAM of parking the pram outside her front door unless she sat on the front doorstep. These crimes are a big deal in Wick and Thurso because its unusual so people need to talk baout them.

phoenix
19-Feb-06, 21:26
Well i am not sure what it is that you have put forward for children and parents to think about ?
What have you said about drugs to help people ? I must of missed something
maybe you did this with telepathy with your 6th sense .
Once again nothing will be done you say you would like to start a mothers against drugs, I provide a helpfull link then you say dont think you will need it .

This is the problem people say this and that on here this is bad that service is rubbish the petrol cost is high and so on . Then do nothing about it, Just writing on here in the vain hope that someone else will do it for you .
It is not the content in the threads that will stop people coming up here as this type of thing happens all over . It is the constant moaning with no action they will be bothered about .

Ahhh! Thats where you are wrong Dali, I have done my bit [smirk].............The thought is the deed [smirk].........work that one out...........Watch this space !!!!!!!!!! [smirk] Maybe Golachs right could be Sherrif Stewart is sitting up there somewhere in the great blue yonder awaiting to be called upon to put some wrongs to right [smirk]

JAWS
19-Feb-06, 21:28
I heard who it was involved, well im not surprised either , Im not going to name anyone but he wasnt on the other thread about violence in Wick.
He is going to be the next generation of trouble maker & is beginning to reach notoriety, thats all I will say.
No names-Good source-no come back on me[lol] [lol] [lol]
And so the problem grows and grows. Once one generation has been allowed to get away with appearing to be "immune" to having their misbehaviour stopped then the generation behind them see no reason why they should not do exactly the same.
As each group of youngsters grow old enough for it to be their turn the numbers increase.
Very quickly the situation is totally out of control and what was at first seen as extreme behaviour is then accepted as the norm.

Once that has happened it is very difficult to put a stop to what has, in effect, become "normal" behaviour and the "brave" at the leading edge push the bounds further and further.
At the moment you are complaining you have had to start locking doors.
From that it doesn't take long before one lock on a door is not enough and more and stronger locks have to be fitted.
Then you have to start securing windows, followed by grills to protect them.
Then you realise that when you have left your car for an hour that it's a relief to return and find it there and intact.

Sounds a bit like somebody with an overactive imagination? For a quiet Rural County then yes, for the time being it is.
But I've lived in conditions like that in Britain and more and more people are having to.
If the problems are ignored for long enough then it will start happening here too, and it won't be all that far away either.

Gleber2
19-Feb-06, 21:48
In a recent study it was found that the top three courts in Scotland for jailing people were,Tain Wick and Ayr.Ithink Wick came second.Ewan was a softy compared to Sutherland.

landmarker
19-Feb-06, 21:57
Might I ask...where is the nearest serious Prison to Wick/Thurso...would it be Peterhead?

phoenix
19-Feb-06, 22:17
Its Porterfield in Inverness I believe Landmarker.........why do you ask?

I very seldom lock my doors, and dont intend to, unless Im given good reason to. :o) Fear begats Fear and I for one have nothing to Fear and there is nothing to Fear except Fear itself! :)

F = False
E = Evidence
A = Appearing
R = Real

Geo
19-Feb-06, 22:25
In addition when I went to the police in the town where we used to live........they told me that the dealers use some of their punters to get them to go to the schools and hand out "freebies" to the kids.........once the kids aquire a taste for it no longer do they get a "freebie" they then have to pay. [evil]

In Wick High School recently someone was giving out what was described as paracetamol in class. When I heard this I wondered was it something else but perhaps it wasn't. Either way it's not something you want happening. Allegedly the person got off with a talk on the dangers involved.

landmarker
19-Feb-06, 22:29
Its Porterfield in Inverness I believe Landmarker.........why do you ask?
]

Merely to broaden my general knowledge phoenix. Thanks for responding.

ice box
20-Feb-06, 00:28
I have just heard from my source that the culprit that strated the fight in the town centre yesterday was arrested last night . maybe he will learn is lesson ,

connieb19
20-Feb-06, 00:29
I have just heard from my source that the culprit that strated the fight in the town centre yesterday was arrested last night . maybe he will learn is lesson ,Wont do much good though..he's only 14!![mad]

angela5
20-Feb-06, 00:30
I have just heard from my source that the culprit that strated the fight in the town centre yesterday was arrested last night . maybe he will learn is lesson ,

If it's the same culprit i am thinking of then this is not new to him..he's the next generation of street kids..

ice box
20-Feb-06, 00:35
If it's the same culprit i am thinking of then this is not new to him..he's the next generation of street kids..
Oh yes he is heading that way maybe a week in prison would make him think twice about doing it again but instead he will probably get a fine and slap on the wrist

caithnesslad
22-Feb-06, 02:01
I mean im not gonna say any names for all this fighting but the fights are getting out of control with one in particular who is causing it all, there was a fight near bignold at lunch time in wick high school involving wrenches axe handles knuckle dusters etc, one boy got put in to hospital after being hit a couple of times round the head with an axe handle which doesn't surprise me!!!!!

Bingobabe
22-Feb-06, 02:16
thats pretty mad but when i was in the school i had alot of undesirables in my year so this is not uncommon for me to hear

JAWS
22-Feb-06, 02:43
I know Liverpool ain't Bridge Street Wick but a look at this item from BBC News might give food for thought.

http://newswww.bbc.net.uk/1/hi/uk/4728676.stm

It's a new type of Court called a Community Court where a Judge sits alone and deals with all cases.
It doesn't sound like a new idea but it is. He gets involved with the Local Community and talks to the people so he knows exactly what, where and when the problems are happening. I would think that once established it is very difficult to play the "it's never happened before, I'm a sweet little Angel" routine.

He hears cases and passes judgement, usually involving some sort of punishment in the Community. The catch is, the people are brought back in front of him avery month so he can assess their behviour.
If they break the rules then you explain to the Judge, not some Social Worker or Probation Officer, so he knows if his sentence is having the desired effect.
The idea is to keep as many from being sent to prison as possible but, mess him about, and bye, bye matey, I'll see you when you get out.

Just check the article which explains how it is working and see if you think it is worth trying.
If anybody thinks it would be better under it's own thread then that's no problem.

ivy
22-Feb-06, 13:38
The police are doing their job it would appear and the resulting shortage of drugs will be seriously affecting those who must have it. The shortage of cannabis always leads to excess drinking but the shortage of class A drugs can lead to much worse. Where does it go from here? Before long there will be a new supplier and eveything will go back to "normal".
cannabis is class c and is not illegal for personnel use

ivy
22-Feb-06, 13:42
What did I say in a previous thread........or was it this one[smirk]I must be psychic:grin:No doubt Ill live to regret saying this:RazzI for one truly hope that Caithness stays dry for the sake of all the families whose lives are being destroyed by these morons who keep supplying these young people with dope and other substances.[mad]Now the police will have something else to do for a change, theyll have their work cut out for them..........

if the kids are stupid enough to except them then aint got no sympathy, now days drugs are a common thing there everywhere. but some people have to smoke cannibis as iv been told it relieves stress

ivy
22-Feb-06, 13:50
i disagree with a few of you on this thread,[mad]
the cops can only do so much its not up to them what happens weather they go an arrest someone thats under watch its the authoritys trying to get enough evidence together on them to send them down. iv been told it takes 2-3years to get an enough evidence on a drug dealer for them to get along sentance and then be lead to the bigger suppliers because if there still about then drugs will always get dealt..[mad] [mad]

Bingobabe
22-Feb-06, 14:27
if the kids are stupid enough to except them then aint got no sympathy, now days drugs are a common thing there everywhere. but some people have to smoke cannibis as iv been told it relieves stressi disagree with you there i think alot of teenagers seem to think they have a reputation to keep up with and when your in the school your reputation is important for example your friends are all doing drugs so you dont want to b e an outsider so you take it just to be in the in crowd you dont want to be an outsider at that age as kids can be cruel and i dont think there stupid more like alittle nieve and impressoinable also everybody is so against cannibas but if people who have ms or another crippling disease then why not take it to relive the pain if helps i know if i was in there position and found it helped then i would probarly give it ago anything for relife

Gleber2
22-Feb-06, 15:08
cannabis is class c and is not illegal for personnel use

Cannabis is class C but is still illegal in any quantity. Highland Police are still treating cannabis as if it were still class B.

Mamabear
22-Feb-06, 15:10
Cannabis is class C but is still illegal in any quantity. Highland Police are still treating cannabis as if it were still class B.

Aherm Gleber2 they treat it like murder :p :p :p

katarina
22-Feb-06, 16:44
I had names at one time of some dealers to give to the police {this wasnt in Caithness BTW} did they want to know....no they didnt..... as they already knew who they were[evil]If I remember rightly it was the bigger guys they were after.....not sure what theyre called..........I could find a few names I could call them[evil]

I know some one who shall be nameless who reported a supplier in his street, and the night the drugs were delivered. A couple of plain clothes guys came and watched all the comings and goings, then went away. When this guy who shall be nameless contacted the police again to ask why nothing was being done about it, he was told -'It's not them we want its the Mr Big,'
Well, Mr Big will never be caught, so why not let the small fry know they can't get off with it? The way it is there's no punishment to fit the crime or otherwise.

Gleber2
22-Feb-06, 18:26
Aherm Gleber2 they treat it like murder :p :p :p

Ah've done ma time,ah've done ma time!!!![evil]

caithnesslad
23-Feb-06, 00:47
While you guys are talking about the police i've heard other stories like two men were in a bar an there was a whole lot of people waiting outside to jump them so they wouldn't leave the bar and they phoned the police and they said they were too busy and told them to phone back later, it just shows tht the police are scared to deal with certain somebodies!

Bingobabe
23-Feb-06, 01:26
While you guys are talking about the police i've heard other stories like two men were in a bar an there was a whole lot of people waiting outside to jump them so they wouldn't leave the bar and they phoned the police and they said they were too busy and told them to phone back later, it just shows tht the police are scared to deal with certain somebodies!thats awfull cant belive the police wouldnt help them well i can and some people still think we should protect the police when they cant even protect us

WeeBurd
23-Feb-06, 15:39
I am shaking my head in disbelief at some of the comments which are being passed regarding the police...

Like almost every single one of us in our own jobs, they can only do so much at one time... if they're already dealing with another incident, what are they to do? Their hands are tied... I'm pretty sure if the boot was on the other foot, and they were at an incident involving yourselves, heaven's forbid, you'd be pretty narked if they said "Sorry, can't finish dealing with your issue, as we've got another job. Tata."

I would completely challenge the suggestion that someone calling, to report an incident taking place, would be told to call back later. But then again, who's to know exactly what the reporter said at the time? Knowing that could explain any such response from the police. By all intents, there has been no crime/assault committed - who's to say the cops didn't drive by and see that there was no incident taking place?

Suggesting the reason the reporter was told to call back later, was because the police are scared of individuals is incredibly naive, but does highlight clearly, the attitudes and perceptions that the police have to overcome within this community... they have a tough job ahead of them...

nancypotter45
23-Feb-06, 17:11
thats awfull cant belive the police wouldnt help them well i can and some people still think we should protect the police when they cant even protect us

Well said Wee Burd. It is absurd to make a statement like that re. incident in question if you weren't there then you don't know what happened. The police need help to get these ned's off our streets from everyone and as Wee Burd said the public have a poor perception of them.

From my experience I have had a lot of hassle from ned's and stood up to them and they didn't like it. I had a lot of damage done to my property. The police were great but as no-one would come forward to help or give a statement (as they always came in the middle of the night) there was very little they could do and it wasn't there fault and believe me it was very frustrating at the time. It's not the police that are scared off them. I'm sure the police don't need our protection we need theirs!

I am amazed at the gossiping that goes on on .org about every incident that happens in the town and it always seems to be the same people that start the threads or have something to say in them.

katarina
23-Feb-06, 17:25
concidering that EVERY incident is reported and mulled over on this messageboard, I'm sure our southern posters would agree, crime is still comparatively low.

Bingobabe
23-Feb-06, 18:33
Well said Wee Burd. It is absurd to make a statement like that re. incident in question if you weren't there then you don't know what happened. The police need help to get these ned's off our streets from everyone and as Wee Burd said the public have a poor perception of them.

From my experience I have had a lot of hassle from ned's and stood up to them and they didn't like it. I had a lot of damage done to my property. The police were great but as no-one would come forward to help or give a statement (as they always came in the middle of the night) there was very little they could do and it wasn't there fault and believe me it was very frustrating at the time. It's not the police that are scared off them. I'm sure the police don't need our protection we need theirs!

I am amazed at the gossiping that goes on on .org about every incident that happens in the town and it always seems to be the same people that start the threads or have something to say in them.Well i also have had alot of hassle from these people and stood up to them and when i did i was the one who ended up getting charged so tell me where is the justice there and im talking from experince also as ive said before everyone is entitled to their opion so ill have my say and you have yours now just leave it at that so well agree to disagree

WeeBurd
23-Feb-06, 18:59
Bingobabe, may I asked what lead to you being charged? I totally appreciate you may not want to share on the boards, but I guess as well, that standing up to them has to remain within the boundaries of the law, I'm sure everyone would agree on that... you have my greatest of sympathies if you did remain within the law, yet were penalised for that, I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been, on top of the original hassles you were getting from the scumballs.

In a lot of the incidents/cases that are discussed on the .org, the general opinion is that the police don't do enough to catch the perpetrators. I believe the police are more than willing to catch the bad blighters (after all, when they're off the streets, the cops aren't having to go around cleaning up after them ;) ), but I also respect that they need physical evidence to do so. Surely as a community, we can all do our bit by reporting incidents to them, the minute we see them. I mean, how many threads are running right now, about incidents which have taken place in Wick? And how many of the people who have "witnessed" them, have spoken with the police? I think I've read of only one person that has actually spoken up... :roll:

WeeBurd
23-Feb-06, 19:02
Bingobabe, you edited your response after I posted, so fair do's if you'd prefer not to respond any further on this thread <shake hands>

scrapydoo
23-Feb-06, 19:04
yes go to the police but the courts will just let them of time after time then you start getting the hassle of the scum .

Bingobabe
23-Feb-06, 19:14
Ok jack in the box i get the picture but i still dont agree with you but your entitled to your opion and i respect that.

phoenix
23-Feb-06, 21:03
if the kids are stupid enough to except them then aint got no sympathy, now days drugs are a common thing there everywhere. but some people have to smoke cannibis as iv been told it relieves stress

Ivy I do believe that Mother Nature put Cannibis on the planet for a reason ie to help relieve MS and other disabling and distressing illnesses....... it is not here to be used and abused......in particular to line other people pockets! [mad] Ill tell you something I cannot stand, is people who are on loads of prescribed drugs from the doctor of one sort and another for their illnesses, that is okay! But the very same people will condone someone who would even contemplate having a smoke to relieve their pain and distress. :confused:

katarina
23-Feb-06, 21:43
Ivy I do believe that Mother Nature put Cannibis on the planet for a reason ie to help relieve MS and other disabling and distressing illnesses....... it is not here to be used and abused......in particular to line other people pockets! [mad] Ill tell you something I cannot stand, is people who are on loads of prescribed drugs from the doctor of one sort and another for their illnesses, that is okay! But the very same people will condone someone who would even contemplate having a smoke to relieve their pain and distress. :confused:

I don't think any one disagrees that cannibis shouldn't be used for medical reasons.
I cannot seee the reasoning why it is denied to sufferers of MS. It could even be administered in tablet form.
I mean, opiates are already used to relieve pain. What's the difference?

nancypotter45
23-Feb-06, 22:09
When I stood up to them I did not go outwith the law but it worked, I would not stoop to their level and resort to violence. I know how frustrating it can be but after a family member was assaulted by them I had enough and called police, they were charged and went to prison and have not had any more bother from any of them for over a year. Back to living a nice peaceful life - just the way I like it.

phoenix
23-Feb-06, 22:10
I don't think any one disagrees that cannibis shouldn't be used for medical reasons.
I cannot seee the reasoning why it is denied to sufferers of MS. It could even be administered in tablet form.
I mean, opiates are already used to relieve pain. What's the difference?

I dont see that theres any difference at all katarina.......:confused the fact that cannibis is an illegal substance is enough to put anyone who may really need it of using it! Shame really as it could have helped so many people! :confused:

WeeBurd
23-Feb-06, 22:54
Bingobabe, thank you for your pm. I've responded directly. ;)