PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Genre

youoldduffer
08-Mar-09, 15:03
Mine is westerns old and new. Everything from Gary Cooper and Randolph Scott to John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. My favorite being High Noon with gary cooper.

Next has to be Sci-fi, with Aliens in Number one spot.

Whats everyone else's Favorite Genre of movie?.

Percy is yours summit with Vikings init lol

My top 5 westerns

1. High Noon - Gary Cooper, Thomas Mitchell, Lloyd Bridges, Katy Jurado, Grace Kelly.
2. The Unforgiven - Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman, Richard Harris.
3. The Searchers - John Wayne, Jeffrey Hunter, Vera Miles, Ward Bond, Natalie Wood.
4. The good, The Bad and The Ugly - Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef and Eli Wallach.
5. Once Upon a Time in the West - Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson and Jason Robards

percy toboggan
08-Mar-09, 20:11
If we're talking genre's - and the Vikings was pretty much a western with horns and boats...a 'northern' maybe ;-)

I like Westerns too...my top five (Westerns) today would be...

Shane
Unforgiven
The Missing
Dances with Wolves
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Open Range and the recent re-make of 3.10 to Yuma are also pretty good.

gleeber
08-Mar-09, 21:33
I like a good cowboy too but I could just as easily enjoy a musical. My favourite genre would be action thrillers like Die Hard, The Seige, Patriot Games etc.

shyguy
08-Mar-09, 22:29
I'm not sure what this says about me,

Big butch bloke and all.....

But I quite like - sensitive, not quite romantic, movies e.g. 'As good as it gets'

I'm not sure what the Genre would be, but I like movies that have something to say about people, relationships etc.

Another example would be 'lost in translation'

My next best choice is more by certain directors than than Genre e.g. The Cohen Brothers and Quentin Tarantino.

I have to admit that I don't do 'Art' films, but i do think that often the foreign original is better than the Hollywood remake e.g. The Vanishing, The Ring etc.

But I think I'm waffling.....

One final thought, Westerns I woudl have to say that i prefer the modern style e.g Unforgiven and Pale Rider, rather than the traditional, Cavalry rescue, or good triumphs over bad traditional movies - sorry!

youoldduffer
11-Mar-09, 13:00
I like a good cowboy too but I could just as easily enjoy a musical. My favourite genre would be action thrillers like Die Hard, The Seige, Patriot Games etc.

Have you had a chance to see The Punisher Warzone I was not impressed with the Dolph Lungren version, I thought the 2004 version was better. This version was well watchable just what I remember from the comic book's. Not much of a story but the action makes up for it.

bettedaviseyes
11-Mar-09, 17:32
oh i'm into HORROR'S,SC-FI,THILLERS,ACTION.

ShelleyCowie
11-Mar-09, 20:42
Hmmm Sci-Fi, Comedy, horror, action....em...cant think now lol. Not really into cowboy/western, classics etc etc..