PDA

View Full Version : Cervical Screening in England

Shabbychic
08-Mar-09, 14:54
The age of cervical screening in Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales is 20, but in England it is 25. Due to the publicity created by Jade Goody, and her condition at such a young age, there is a petition to bring the age limit in England in line with the rest of the UK.

If you would like to add your name to this petition, here is the link (http://www.pinkwishes.co.uk/jade1.htm).

kitty kat
09-Mar-09, 02:00
signed...

any one know why england is at 25 ???

cazmanian_minx
09-Mar-09, 09:58
Cost, I think. They changed the frequency to every 5 years from every 3 a few years back as well.

kitty kat
09-Mar-09, 10:04
Cost, I think. They changed the frequency to every 5 years from every 3 a few years back as well.

cost ...

i was 21 and got sent one of those happy birthday time for your first one i have to say put it off for a few months in the end grit my teeth and got on with it. i got sent a letter saying i had changed cells i had to have them removed as they were at stage 3 which i was told is a very dangerous level. that was at 21 i really dont want to think about what they would have been like at 25. it is scary to think money comes before health