PDA

View Full Version : Where did you go??

floyed
07-Mar-09, 16:40
Just got me thinking when i started the other post Where to go?.

Where did you go when you first passed your test? How long did you leave it till you was out there driving?

I waited about an hour after i passed, then went up to Homebase ect and came back was gone all of 5mins:lol: Never even went in the shops. Was very weird not having someone next to me in the car. Then about half hour later i went out again just round the block.:eek:

Kodiak
07-Mar-09, 16:58
I remember passing my Driving Test very well indeed. It was on a Saturday Afternoon back in August 1965. I made what I thought were some bad mistakes but I still passed. :D

As soon as I arrived back home I jumped in my Dad's Car and was off. I just drove around for the next 2 hours and the feeling of being so free and to be able to go where I liked with no one to tell me where to go was fantastic. :D

I still love to drive but I dont go as far as I used to, Petrol has got a little bit dearer than what it was in 1965. :~(

Bad Manners
07-Mar-09, 17:20
Well when i passed my test i came home in time for tea borrowed my dads car and drove all the way to aberdeen and back however i forgot one important thing you have to pay for petrol. That said from that day till now I have enjoyed the freedom that a car can give

changilass
07-Mar-09, 18:34
I passed my driving test at 11.30am in Leeds and set off to drive up here at 2pm after having lunch and packing the car.

richman
07-Mar-09, 18:46
i drove back til e hoose , on ma own . :cool:

starry
07-Mar-09, 18:56
I went a wee run, then came home and crashed the car into the gate posts [disgust]

poppett
07-Mar-09, 19:34
My uncle arrived from London in his Ford Granada the day I passed my test and I got it for the evening. We went to Wick via Helmsdale from Thurso. Happy days.

gillian17
07-Mar-09, 19:55
What is ect?
Do we really have people driving and presumably voting who cannot spell? Admittedly it is Latin and an abbreviation but Peugot is French and 205 must be an abbreviation for something. Perhaps 205 is ect in French?

Tighsonas4
07-Mar-09, 20:59
passed my test many moons ago on friday feb the 13 th [lol]
the instructor asked did i want cancel it
said if i canna drive on fri the 13 th it will be no better on sat the 14 th
had no job at that time. but passed test first time came home got the groat seen a job and my first run was to go and apply got the job also tony [lol]

Tighsonas4
07-Mar-09, 21:03
What is ect?
Do we really have people driving and presumably voting who cannot spell? Admittedly it is Latin and an abbreviation but Peugot is French and 205 must be an abbreviation for something. Perhaps 205 is ect in French?
there sure is one [lol] know what i want to say but canna spell it tony

gillian17
07-Mar-09, 21:16
And I cannot spell Peugeot sorry xx

shazzy
07-Mar-09, 21:44
I remember shaking the whole test,most is blurry,couldnt believe it when i passed! Had bought a (very) cheap metro,picked my terrified mum out,bless her,the boot kept springing open when i was driving.The best thing id ever done!:D

oldmarine
07-Mar-09, 21:54
I received my 1st driver's license when I was overseas during WW2. I started driving immediately.

I received my 2nd driver's license (in the states) when I returned home. I started driving immediately.

sweetpea
08-Mar-09, 12:13
I passed my test in Wick then drove to Oxford to graduation. It was the bravest thing I've ever done because sometimes if I haven't been south for a while and get used to driving around up here I panic about going as far as Inverness:eek:

floyed
08-Mar-09, 13:20
I went a wee run, then came home and crashed the car into the gate posts [disgust]

Ohhh dear not so good lol:lol:

floyed
08-Mar-09, 13:22
passed my test many moons ago on friday feb the 13 th [lol]
the instructor asked did i want cancel it
said if i canna drive on fri the 13 th it will be no better on sat the 14 th
had no job at that time. but passed test first time came home got the groat seen a job and my first run was to go and apply got the job also tony [lol]

That must of been a great day passing your test then getting a job!:D

floyed
08-Mar-09, 13:23
I passed my test in Wick then drove to Oxford to graduation. It was the bravest thing I've ever done because sometimes if I haven't been south for a while and get used to driving around up here I panic about going as far as Inverness:eek:

Well i would like to go to inverness but the roundabouts scare me:eek:

sweetpea
08-Mar-09, 13:49

You'll get used to them. Like if your going to the big retail park just keep in the left lane at the bridge then the same or middle lane at the next one. The one I don't like is the one near the friars bridge, fourth one along from the bridge, it's a free for all. Go on give it go!

weeboyagee
08-Mar-09, 13:56
Passed the test first time, got out the test car, got into the driver seat of the car that my father was waiting in for me, drove home, kicked him out and off I went! It was his car!

WBG :cool:

Blondie
08-Mar-09, 14:07

My 17 year old daughter did it 2 weeks after passing her test. She wasn't nervous at all and she was proud of herself after doing it.

Go for it floyed, you will be so proud of yourself after doing it :)