PDA

View Full Version : hose insurance

brandy
07-Mar-09, 16:00
okies guys,
who has really good rates on horse insurance? and wont send you round the bend? *grrr* have found a couple places online but would like a little advice from owners as obviously you guys have the experiance! *grins*

ShelleyCowie
07-Mar-09, 16:03
okies guys,
who has really good rates on horse insurance? and wont send you round the bend? *grrr* have found a couple places online but would like a little advice from owners as obviously you guys have the experiance! *grins*

When i had my horses i went to direct line, they were very reasonable, dont know if it has changed now.

froal
07-Mar-09, 16:54
Hi,
I had my last horse insured with NFU in thurso, i found them to be good, thou i never had to make a claim ! :)

cat
07-Mar-09, 18:44
hi,i was with NFU too,no claims though.was with scottish equine when i did have to use it though and they were very good. have heard a lot of bad reports about the ones who have the leaflets that fall out of all the magazines.the vets should no the good and bad ones

Liz
07-Mar-09, 18:57
Brandy I would highly recommend Petplan. They are not the cheapest but have a very good reputation.Cheapest isn't necessarily the best when it comes to pet insurance.When I made a claim through Petplan everything went very smoothly.

landy
07-Mar-09, 19:51
hi,i would recommend pet plan too.have had the boys with them for years and have friends who have had to claim through them.thumbs up for them.

Jovi
07-Mar-09, 22:07
Definitely Petplan Direct,as previously stated not the cheapest but well worth it. We've used them for over 18yrs and when we had to make a claim at a time when we were devastated by bad news they were caring,helpful and efficient, dealing with our vet and taking a lot of pressure off us at a difficult time.

cazmanian_minx
08-Mar-09, 13:37
Another vote for PetPlan here. Avoid Equine & Leisure - their monthly premiums may look cheap, but when you read the very, very small print, you find out that they're LUNAR months, i.e. every 28 days, so you end up paying 13 times a year instead of 12.

over-the-ord
09-Mar-09, 20:39
i used kbis, they were over £100 cheaper than petplan http://www.kbis.co.uk/ never had to claim, and also insured my trailer with them. also in the past used www.insuremyhorse.co.uk (http://www.insuremyhorse.co.uk)

don't go with A & L very bad reports about not paying out.

have you managed to find a horse brandy? we decided to keep our boy!

Pony
11-Mar-09, 21:46
I use Petplan. Few years ago I had to make a big claim (more than horse was worth) and they were excellent. The vet just had to fax the bills to Petplan as they came in and they paid them directly with no fuss. They are far from cheap but I found them great in a crisis.

Max
18-Mar-09, 21:38
I use Scottish Equestrian - no probs with them although I have had no claims. They came highly recommended to me. Don't use E & L I have had a bad experience with them and a lot of people have said the same!