PDA

View Full Version : He's still there...

jjc
18-Sep-03, 09:41
Blaine's still in his box then. What do you think - bananas or brilliant?

Mr P Cannop
18-Sep-03, 11:58
i think hes mad

Anonymous
19-Sep-03, 21:58
:evil He could be in a wooden one soon below ground [evil]

mike.mckenzie
22-Sep-03, 14:48
Millions watching one man starve

Noone watching millions starve

squidge
22-Sep-03, 17:14

Thats a great statement Mike...

I really dont get it... why is he there, whats the point, I keep expecting him to disappear in front of my eyes. People have called it a stunt.. It has to be the most boring one i have seen for ages. Very very very very very very dull!!!

mike.mckenzie
22-Sep-03, 17:32
Right, here's what happens, a friend told me...

He will let medical staff know he is in a really bad way, they will go to get the box down and drop it into the river or ground, and make i look like there has been a massive mistake and he has died. THen he will come back. Tada.

Yawn.

squidge
22-Sep-03, 22:17
is that it?

:eyes

jjc
23-Sep-03, 10:51
I heard on the news this morning that the production team are thinking of ending the stunt early due to 'security fears'.

Maybe nobody told him that Friday and Saturday nights are not good times to stand in a clear plastic box in the middle of London. He might as well have painted a sign reading “Had a few beers? Throw the empties at me!!!”

We British are, I think, equipped with an inbuilt (and often quite morbid) sense of pessimism. If he had been looking for unashamed amazement perhaps he should have stayed in the US where ‘Shock and Awe’ go down a little better… here in the UK most people have looked, realised that he is (of course) getting some kind of sustenance through that larger than average, opaque (for any other reason?) water tube, and asked themselves ‘why?’

Mr P Cannop
23-Sep-03, 11:02
i think they should stop it right away ??

jjc
23-Sep-03, 11:23
Or just leave him up there.... wait 'til he's asleep and everybody sneak off behind the nearest building.

Wait and see how long it takes him to escape without his assistants :lol:

Mr P Cannop
23-Sep-03, 11:47
OMG

calish6
23-Sep-03, 14:49
If he had done this to raise money for a worthy charity, I think people would have a little bit more time for him - but no - he is only doing this for his own gains, boost his profile.
He needs to go back to the States and back to his party tricks on the street, at least they were entertaining.

Anonymous
23-Sep-03, 20:49

[evil] Who is back then?. :evil

sassylass
24-Sep-03, 15:10
george? is that really you? welcome back and try not to get yer knickers in a knot m8 ;)

MadPict
24-Sep-03, 16:22
Shame its not BLiar in the damn thing..........

http://216.40.249.192/s/otn/blobs/ukliam2.gifPict

©Amethyst
24-Sep-03, 20:49
Maybe it's Blane that ought to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital! (is that too harsh? [lol] )

George Brims
29-Sep-03, 01:15
I think he's doing this stunt in London because no-one in the US finds his stunts very interesting either. News people here in the US, reporting on the golf balls, beer empties etc chucked at him can be seen to be having a hard time treating with the required seriousness. One in LA said "I've always rather appreciated the British sense of humo(u)r".

Anonymous
29-Sep-03, 10:02
Anyone who watches "South Park", will already know that the folks in the US think about as much of Blaine as we do, probably less, he's had more time to work his "magic" over there.

"Super Best Friends", Season 5 episode 3, if anyone's looking for it. Very funny :)

Anonymous
07-Oct-03, 20:09
:evil Is he still there? and is it him any how? :evil

©Amethyst
12-Oct-03, 21:54
I wonder if that box is bullet proof... :roll:

jjc
19-Oct-03, 22:38
He's out then…

Don't know why, but I watched tonight whilst they gently lowered him to the ground (sorry Mike, no dropping of the box). Then they weighed him, did some tests, loaded him into an ambulance (NHS, I might add), and drove away.

One question occurred to me (other than 'Why?')…

When they weighed him he took off his top and stood in just jogging bottoms and pants. The crowd went 'Ooooh!' because he had obviously lost so much weight that his jogging bottoms were hanging down around his thighs.

He's (supposedly) been wearing those jogging bottoms for 44 days now and, as Sky were kind enough to tell us whilst lowering the box, during that time he has expelled approximately three litres of urine a day.

So, here's the question…

If he undid those jogging bottoms at least once every day to go to the loo, why did he only do them back up to the same tightness as when he first went in? Wouldn't you automatically pull the cord until they were comfortably tight, even if that was an extra little bit tighter than you were used to? Hmmmm….

golach
19-Oct-03, 23:31
eggs actly WHY???

Anonymous
20-Oct-03, 19:18
:evil He has gone now, so does any one want to buy an empty box, only one user.? :Razz