PDA

View Full Version : best gigs or events you ever been to

Bingobabe
18-Feb-06, 10:22
i was at GODS KITCHEN a few years ago it was ace the atmosphere was magic mmmmm wonder why that was? but anyway there was a list of top dj,s but fergie was the best paul van dyke was also quite good an all. Really fancied T in the Park but its never happened yet sadly maybe next year if things go according to plan fingers crossed:p :Razz :D

im the D.E.V.[evil] I.L THE DEVIL

Saveman
18-Feb-06, 11:56
I seen Gary Moore in Norwich a couple of years ago. He went mental on that geeeeetar!

Superb! :)

candyfloss
18-Feb-06, 13:20
I,ve been to see westlife a few times now,and going back again in may:D pure dead brilliant

Mamabear
18-Feb-06, 13:38
Del Amitri, Cranberries in the Assembly Rooms were good
The worst was Run-Rig:o In Kirkwall in 1990, the warm up band were Superb tho

emszxr
18-Feb-06, 14:13
the rolling stones in amsterdam . it was great although i did sleep through the warm up band. with tens of thousands of people going about.
also tina turner in murrayfield. wish i got to see her last tour but too busy working

willowbankbear
18-Feb-06, 14:28
i was at GODS KITCHEN a few years ago it was ace the atmosphere was magic mmmmm wonder why that was? but anyway there was a list of top dj,s but fergie was the best paul van dyke was also quite good an all. Really fancied T in the Park but its never happened yet sadly maybe next year if things go according to plan fingers crossed:p :Razz :D

im the D.E.V.[evil] I.L THE DEVIL

I was at Gods Kitchen in Ingliston 3 years ago with some friends, maybe I saw you there Bingobabe?
There were quite a lot of Wickers & Helmsdale folk there. Had a Ball though

Ashes
18-Feb-06, 14:40
Was it a Full House

willowbankbear
18-Feb-06, 14:49
8-9,000 folk at it but could easily got another 2 000 in

Bingobabe
18-Feb-06, 16:44
maybe i was there with you maybe not hahahahahahahahahah if you are who i think you are willow bankbear

cuddlepop
18-Feb-06, 16:59
Paul Weller in the Barrowlands he's brilliant Dont like the Secc its too big and impersonel:grin:

willowbankbear
18-Feb-06, 17:04
maybe i was there with you maybe not hahahahahahahahahah if you are who i think you are willow bankbear

Im not revealing my real name to you or anyone else on here, but its possible i saw ye there tho.

scotsboy
18-Feb-06, 18:11
Loads really;

Barenaked Ladies - Barrowlands, Carling Glasgow & SECC (all great nights)
The Beautiful South - Carling Glasgow
U2 - Edinburgh Playhouse
AC/DC (with Bon Scott) - Capitol Aberdeen
Oasis - Aberdeen
Simple Minds/The Cult et al - Ibrox
Simply Red/M People/Madness - Old Trafford

In Caithness:

Goodby Mr McKenzie were good but too short a set
Teenage FanClub in Wick
Del Amitri
Raymond & Tich whenever they played

and who can not enjoy Gleber2 in the Newmarket:)

ice box
18-Feb-06, 18:31
Best by far as to be farmer dan lol

teddybear1873
18-Feb-06, 19:17
Bill Johns live at e Thurso British Legion

lorraine_2406
18-Feb-06, 19:22
I went to see bonjovi in 2000 in newcastle international stadium then went to see them in hampden in 2001 and went back again in 2003 to ibrox to see them again and they are on tour this year again so hopefully will make it as they are on tour in germany they are fantastic

scotsboy
18-Feb-06, 19:30
By the way forgot to say that supporting U2 in Edinburgh were the Waterboys!

scotsboy
18-Feb-06, 19:31
Oh and Thin Lizzy in Cornwall.

willowbankbear
18-Feb-06, 19:41
By the way forgot to say that supporting U2 in Edinburgh were the Waterboys!

That proves that Scotsboy is in no way a sectarian bigot if he went to a U2 & Waterboys Gig:Razz :Razz

George Brims
18-Feb-06, 23:28
In Scotland
Pink Floyd at Usher Hall, 1974
Meatloaf at Edinburgh Playhouse, 1989
Hawkwind at Edinburgh Empire 1972
Donovan at Usher Hall, 1975
Scotland beat England 26-6 in English RFU Centenary match (the week after the English team claim they were robbed in the Calcutta Cup match at Twickenham!)
Scotland beat Wales at Murrayfield, 1975 - on St David's Day!
Scotland beat France for Grand Slam 1984.

Elsewhere
Tina Turner at Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, 1995 - simply the best!
Bob Dylan at Staples Center, Los Angeles, 2003
Bruce Springsteen at Dodger Stadium, 2004
Formula 1 at Indianapolis, 2000 and 2004 (and yes I am very glad I didn't go in 2005!)

_Ju_
18-Feb-06, 23:36
I was at a pink Floyd concert at "sporting e Lisboa" stadium in Lisbon...God knows when.....over 10 years ago....and I almost got one drum stick, but was pushed and dropped/had it torn from my hand....... still, excellent concert. I miss those days.

landmarker
18-Feb-06, 23:41
The 'Indigo Girls' - at Manchester Boardwalk c. 1993. Stood so close to the girls they shook our hands at the end and said 'thanks for comin' The 300 or so in the venue included many American fans , following the band on their UK tour - in the States they played mainly five and ten thousand seaters at that time.

Most intimate gig ever, save for a Kate Rusby concert atop a Tunstall pub in '99.

I wonder what the Indigo Girls are doing now?
cue:net search

theone
19-Feb-06, 03:37
Paul Weller in the Barrowlands he's brilliant Dont like the Secc its too big and impersonel:grin:

The barrowlands has the best atmosphere, all the gigs I've been to have been great there.

brokencross
19-Feb-06, 12:48
Went to see Mike Oldfield at Wembly Arena. First half of show not very good, was promoting Hergest Ridge and didn't really know the stuff, however 2nd half of the show he performed Tubular Bells. Absolutely superb, he really does play all the instruments, had us all up in the aisles and as a little bonus the girl I was with knew his then girl friend and after the show we went backstage met Mike Oldfield and shared a drink with the band.

alZir
19-Feb-06, 13:57
Gotta be Jerry Lee Lewis' last UK tour in '72. Saw him in Coventry on what must have been a 'good night; for the killer. He danced on his piano...we danced in the aisles.
Followed closely by The Who in a Mecca Ballroom in '65.

BTW.......I'm old enough, and lucky enough to have seen the Stones second on the bill.
z

zebedy
19-Feb-06, 14:53
Kings Of Leon - Edinburgh - Korn Exchange
The Features - Edinburgh - Korn Exchange

Nearly got KOL's drum stick but sum dude came sliding accross the floor as i bent down and smacked my hand out the way!!!

Grrrr

Goin too See Biffy Clyro When they come to inverness!! Wo0t!

tommy1979
19-Feb-06, 15:44
you can't beat T in the Park for the festival atmosphere

scotsboy
19-Feb-06, 18:22
George Brimms wrote:

Hawkwind at Edinburgh Empire 1972

Anyone remember the festival that never was? In Caithness as well, with Hawkwind headlining it? Who else was on the bill? Revillos, Slik.......anyone remember any more?

Saveman
19-Feb-06, 18:46
Oh and Thin Lizzy in Cornwall.

Wow, what was that like?

LENSMAN
19-Feb-06, 20:30
Hi scotsboy, I was at AC/DC with Bon Scott in Aberdeen I reckon about 1978.
Best show was Monsters of Rock 1988 Iron Maiden headlining Guns n' Roses, Kiss, Dave Lee Roth,Megadeth, Helloween.

Alice Cooper, Kiss, AC/DC, Cinderella, Michael Schenker, Ozzy, Maiden in Edinburgh.

Maiden and the Darkness in Glasgow.

What about Magnum in the Assembly Rooms Wick.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
19-Feb-06, 22:52
Proclaimers had just released Sunshine on Leith,they started to do a tour of all the town halls around Scotland.Ayr Town Hall was the venue and the place was absolutely jumping.£5 for 2 and a half hours of pure enjoyment.Still to this day when I hear "..and I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more,just to be the man who'd walk a 1000miles to walk inside your door.......everybody...Daaaaa laaaa laaaa laaaaaaaaaaaa.....daaaa laaaaa laaaa laaaaaaaa....da la lum dil li lum di li la la laaaaaaaaa........".What a night it was and good memories.:lol:

scotsboy
20-Feb-06, 16:55
That was the one Lensman, squad of us went down in a mini-bus from Thurso Youth Club. (actually think it may have been 1977, but could have been 78)

Thin Lizzy in Cornwall (St Austell, Cornwall Coliseum) were fantastic only disappointment was that Phil Lynott refused to play Whiskey in the Jar

porshiepoo
20-Feb-06, 17:00
Roachford! Absolute tosh! :mad:

tillygirl
20-Feb-06, 17:03
Saw Runrig and loads of other bands at their Midsummer gig at Balloch in the early 90s. Was absolutely brilliant. I think they were the first to do such a big outdoor music gig...

jings00
20-Feb-06, 17:25
Seen Hawkwind a good few years ago, in Edinburgh, wis magic.
So was Fish and Dr Feelgood in Aberdeen, also a good few years ago.