PDA

View Full Version : Peas

ice box
18-Feb-06, 01:09
Today i was at weartherspoons for lunch and had the fish and chips and peas . I have to say the fish and chips was lovely but the peas was like eating the harl off a wall.Has any one else had this problem .[disgust]

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 01:13
Today i was at weartherspoons for lunch and had the fish and chips and peas . I have to say the fish and chips was lovely but the peas was like eating the harl off a wall.Has any one else had this problem .[disgust] i had steak pie and chips which was fine but like you say the veg was awful. it was like it had been microwaved about twenty times!!

angela5
18-Feb-06, 01:13
Today i was at weartherspoons for lunch and had the fish and chips and peas . I have to say the fish and chips was lovely but the peas was like eating the harl off a wall.Has any one else had this problem .[disgust]

No.....not all of us live in the same location as you....[lol] ..

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Feb-06, 01:14
Definetly right ice box,the main meal itself always seems to be fine but any veg or "side stuff" seems to be garbage.

krieve
18-Feb-06, 01:50
I have had this as well the rest of the food is nice well i think so ,so now i just don't eat the veg lol

ice box
18-Feb-06, 02:10
Oh another thing that also got my back up today was when i went in to weartherspoons we went to sit in the children area and the place was full so no table was avaliable so we went to sit beside the front door and when i went up to order the lady behind the bar said you cant sit there with the bairn so i said there aint any seat through there to sit she said well you will just have to come back later well i was gob smacked do they realy want how service it doesnt seem like it .

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Feb-06, 02:23
Half the time during the day the place is empty,so I'm like you ice box,why don't they let families into these areas.The only thing is maybe bacause these areas are for smoking.But after March this won't be a problem.

ice box
18-Feb-06, 02:28
We were the only ones there in that area but by chance some famliy left so we got there seat but i dont think thats the way to treat us. lol no wonder we complain .

DrSzin
18-Feb-06, 02:29
i had steak pie and chips which was fine but like you say the veg was awful. it was like it had been microwaved about twenty times!!I thought you were on a diet! So I wasn't the only one whose diet went awol at lunchtime today.

Half the time during the day the place is empty,so I'm like you ice box,why don't they let families into these areas.The only thing is maybe bacause these areas are for smoking.But after March this won't be a problem. My nearest Wetherspoons doesn't allow children in at all. They were quite rude when we tried to go in with the kids. [mad]

krieve
18-Feb-06, 02:30
We were the only ones there in that area but by chance some famliy left so we got there seat but i dont think thats the way to treat us. lol no wonder we complain .
well said icebox

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Feb-06, 02:38
I have taken obiron4377 and kids to weatherspoons for many a time since its opened,but I must admit I have never had a dodgy main meal(bar the veg),the service has been top notch,the prices are reasonable for both food and drink.I have noticed though that with having young kids that Thursday and Friday can be busy at lunch time,this is probably as these are the days that most families do their weekly shopping.:grin:

angela5
18-Feb-06, 02:51
veg in there is rank all rubbery.

Nivelo
18-Feb-06, 16:45
They get visitors from the licene office the whole time. If they saw kids in an area they shouldent be in then they could lose the kids licence in the worst case. Then no kids in atall! Come march there extending the kids area to everywhere but the front of the bar and the wooden floor bit.

wicker
18-Feb-06, 17:07
Are they still picky bout letting people in with babys, i had a mate that went in with her baby and she and her mate were going to eat in the family area but cos the bairn wasnt eating (obviously) they werent allowed to stay

ice box
18-Feb-06, 18:29
Are they still picky bout letting people in with babys, i had a mate that went in with her baby and she and her mate were going to eat in the family area but cos the bairn wasnt eating (obviously) they werent allowed to stay
Thats stupid imagine not allowing you to stay if the kids ain't hungry the rule they have in there are stupid if all places IE cafe's and restaurant did'nt let us stay coz the kids aint hungry there wouldnt get our custom how petty there are .

_Ju_
18-Feb-06, 18:36
Considering it is fast food, it's not too bad at weatherspoons. All the food served there is little more than pre-prepared dinners. Even salads and like are pre-prepared and just put together on the premises.
I cannot agree on the service. There is a person ( manager, I think) that wizzes through the childrens area quite often, lifting plates cups and glasses like a demon possesed, whether or not you are finished with them. That is not good service.

landmarker
18-Feb-06, 22:47
I managed to cook some peas tonight for tea. My wife is feeling unwell today. I added oven chips and a tin of John West stewing steak. All in all a tasty meal.

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 22:49
I managed to cook some peas tonight for tea. My wife is feeling unwell today. I added oven chips and a tin of John West stewing steak. All in all a tasty meal.What like is that tins of stew?

landmarker
18-Feb-06, 22:56
What like is that tins of stew?

Yes chunks of stewing steak in a tasty gravy. Not gourmet but filling and
easy. I need easy when itt comes to cooking. We also use the 'Princess' brand from time to time & they're equally good Connie.

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 22:59
Yes chunks of stewing steak in a tasty gravy. Not gourmet but filling and
easy. I need easy when itt comes to cooking. We also use the 'Princess' brand from time to time & they're equally good Connie.In comparison to the slim fast i've been having all week the tinned stew seems gourmet to me...i'm starving:D