PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Advert insults NZ Maori IWI (tribes)

jock leith
06-Mar-09, 10:12
THe KAPA HAKA is the challenge performed by the ALL BLACKS Rugby Team before every game.Scottish TV has made an Advert that has a group of people doing the HAKA to ask for jobs.Some IWI see this as an insult to their culture and sacred dance.
What do ORGERS think about what is acceptable fun,and what is deemed as insulting.Are some cultures getting to protective about how they are perceived by others.??????

JL

golach
06-Mar-09, 10:19
THe KAPA HAKA is the challenge performed by the ALL BLACKS Rugby Team before every game.Scottish TV has made an Advert that has a group of people doing the HAKA to ask for jobs.Some IWI see this as an insult to their culture and sacred dance.
What do ORGERS think about what is acceptable fun,and what is deemed as insulting.Are some cultures getting to protective about how they are perceived by others.??????

JL
Have I got this correctly, the Maori tribes are taking offense at an STV advert, but they do not take offense at the All Blacks who are a multi cultured bunch of sportsmen, doing their sacred ceremony, on rugby pitches, what is their problem?

TBH
06-Mar-09, 10:23
Have I got this correctly, the Maori tribes are taking offense at an STV advert, but they do not take offense at the All Blacks who are a multi cultured bunch of sportsmen, doing their sacred ceremony, on rugby pitches, what is their problem?I think it's more to do with the fact that they wanted to and still do, to make it their intellectual property which would stop it being used commercially.

jock leith
06-Mar-09, 10:37
Have I got this correctly, the Maori tribes are taking offense at an STV advert, but they do not take offense at the All Blacks who are a multi cultured bunch of sportsmen, doing their sacred ceremony, on rugby pitches, what is their problem?

The Maori do not mind others performing the HAKA, its the way that it is being performed.

buggyracer
06-Mar-09, 10:47
i really hate that advert, the tv is always turned down or switched channel when it comes on :eek:

TBH
06-Mar-09, 11:22
i really hate that advert, the tv is always turned down or switched channel when it comes on :eek:Yosser Hughes would be choking on his cornflakes and claiming intellectual rights.

Melancholy Man
06-Mar-09, 16:32
Just to make it clear, is it all Maori or just Tame "the tummy" Iti?

jock leith
07-Mar-09, 05:59
Just to make it clear, is it all Maori or just Tame "the tummy" Iti?
He is keeping a low profile ,awaiting trial on firearm charges from last years fiasco.Most Maori are laughing at the poor attempt at performing the HAKA;)

Melancholy Man
07-Mar-09, 13:51
I thought it was a harbinger of a great Pakeha Watch movement... fr-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-dom!