PDA

View Full Version : Just Being Nosey

brokencross
06-Mar-09, 08:21
When I flash up the internet the "homepage" is Virginmedia my ISP. It has the usual smattering of News, Sport, Lifestyle, Adverts and tonnes of Virgin propoganda.
Despite being able to change it I have never bothered.
Two reasons, 1)I can't be bothered and 2)I can't think of another suitable site to use as a homepage.
Do other Orgers just use their ISP homepage or can someone suggest a nice chirpy, quirky homepage for me to try for a change.

cazmanian_minx
06-Mar-09, 08:27
I have an iGoogle homepage, which is customisable with widgets. So mine has a Google search box at the top, a Google Reader widget to tell me when one of the blogs I follow has a new post, news headlines from the Times and the Financial Times, Scrabster's 3-day weather forecast from the BBC, a calendar and a Post-It note I can scribble things on. Very useful.

Mr P Cannop
06-Mar-09, 08:49
I have an iGoogle homepage, which is customisable with widgets. So mine has a Google search box at the top, a Google Reader widget to tell me when one of the blogs I follow has a new post, news headlines from the Times and the Financial Times, Scrabster's 3-day weather forecast from the BBC, a calendar and a Post-It note I can scribble things on. Very useful.

how do you get these things ??

cazmanian_minx
06-Mar-09, 09:29
Go to www.google.com (it may redirect you to google.co.uk) and click 'Sign In' in the top right corner. If you've got a Gmail/Googlemail account, use that, if you haven't, click on the link to create one.

Once you're logged in, go back to www.google.com or .co.uk and click the iGoogle link in the top right corner. There's a Get Started link or click the Add Stuff and Change Theme links to customise it. I just have the one page, but you can have different tabs for different things as well, so a news tab, a search tab, a fun-stuff tab and so on.

majic
06-Mar-09, 09:39
caithness.org is my home page

Fluff
06-Mar-09, 11:50
I also have igoogle. My wigets are the weather for reading and thurso, a cloud coverage map, a clock, bbc headlines. I also have a babelfish translation and currency convertor which I keep minased until I need.

Bob's Ma
06-Mar-09, 12:08
I use breastcancersite.com as my home page. A great way to start the day with a good deed, it costs nothing and takes only a couple of minutes to help 6 different organisations!

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2

ShelleyCowie
06-Mar-09, 12:41
I have bebo as my homepage. lol.

balto
06-Mar-09, 13:55
I have bebo as my homepage. lol.
tell me shelley how do you get bebo as your homepage.

ShelleyCowie
06-Mar-09, 13:57
tell me shelley how do you get bebo as your homepage.

Go to www.bebo.com (http://www.bebo.com) (just the normal log on page), tools, internet options. Use current. ;)

MasterSplinter
06-Mar-09, 13:57
yahoo is my home page, easy to use and dont have half as much advertising as the rest.
gets the news and weather and thats just what i like.

joxville
06-Mar-09, 21:36
I have Tugs' Scrabster Weather page as my homepage. If I want to search the web I just open another tab.

Bobinovich
06-Mar-09, 21:38
Plain Google on my first tab with the Org as my 2nd...

Mr P Cannop
07-Mar-09, 06:05
caithness.org is my home page

aye me too

hotrod4
07-Mar-09, 17:15
I just have firefox as my home page as thats my browser of choice. Have loads in my bookmarks though.

Tugmistress
07-Mar-09, 17:48
aw thanks jox :)

i just have google as my home page, nowt fancy here.