PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a party

skinnydog
05-Mar-09, 22:35
Well I can't stall her any more! Daughter will be 4 in 3 weeks time and is having a party, that in itself is not a problem but my ideas for party games are thin on the ground.

Pin the tail on the donkey, musical cushions and pass the parcel is my sum total. Any ideas on what will keep 4 4 year olds entertained for an hour and a half? Any hints and tips on what will keep them from fighting and basic ideas for food to keep them happy will be much appreciated!

Dadie
05-Mar-09, 23:04
how about an easter egg hunt, treasure hunt with old coins hidden round the room that can be exchanged for sweeties at your "sweetie shop". musical statues, a pinata full of sweets and small gifts..dancing competitions..

For food sandwiches, sausage rolls, fruit lollies (slices of orange grapes pineapple strawberries etc on kebab sticks) sausages, small jellies or a icecream station where the kids get a bowl of icecream and some bowls of sprinkles flakes and dolly mixtures and you let them decorate it themselves and not forgetting the birthday cake

Kodiak
05-Mar-09, 23:27
Cat and Mouse Indoor
Equipment: Music
Put on some music and the kids have to squeak and scuttle about like mice. The moment the music stops, the kids must be as still and as ‘quiet as a mouse’. Anyone seen moving or making a noise is caught by the cat (you) and is out of the game.

Copy Cat Indoor
Equipment: None
A great toddler party game for the 2 - 4 year olds who love to imitate. Sit on a chair facing the children who are sitting at your feet. Say that as you point to a part of your body and name it, followed by “meow”, they have to imitate it followed by the word “meow”. For example, point to your chin and say “chin, chin, chin, meow”, whereupon they all follow suit. Now point to your eyes and say “eyes, eyes, eyes” and make sure that no one is a copycat, if they are, they are out.

Count the Pebbles Indoor
Equipment: Tin, pebbles
For children who have learned to count, this toddler party game is a great way for them to show off their new skill. Sit all the children on the floor with their backs to you and stand behind them with a biscuit tin. Drop at irregular intervals ten or more pebbles into the tin. The kids have to try and count them out loud and say the correct answer. This can get very loud and confusing but the kids love it.

Down on the Farm Indoor
A great noisy toddler party game for the younger ones. Prepare in advance a short story (long if you feel adventurous!) and include lots of animals and noisy farm vehicles. It doesn’t have to be a very adventurous story as the point of the game is to make the noises of the animals and vehicles. You could start with: “It was a beautiful sunny day down on the farm and the chickens (the kids Cluck) were wandering around the farm yard. Suddenly the big brown carthorse (the kids all neigh) came galloping over to Farmer Giles in his tractor (the kids all broom)…”. and so on.

Who am I? Indoor
A toddler party game for the 3-4 year olds. Think up in advance some characters or animals. With the kids all seated at your feet you then start to silently act out one of the characters or animals. Gradually you introduce some noises and the children then have to guess who or what you are. For example if you were a cat you could run around on all fours, play with a ball or imaginary mouse and then meow.

Musical animals Indoor
Equipment: Music, pictures of animals
There aren’t really winners and losers in this toddler party game. Put on some music and the kids all dance around. As you stop the music you hold up a picture of an animal such as a lion, pig, dog. The kids then all have to jump around the room imitating that animal. The younger ones especially love this game.

balto
05-Mar-09, 23:43
the mummy gamewent down a treat when i did it at my daughters party, you split them up into pairs, give them a toilet roll, and get one to wrap the other one up as a mummy, the best mummy at the end wins, brilliant funny game.

wifie
05-Mar-09, 23:56
Aaaaw Kodiak musical animals sounds so cute! Could see them loving that!

Dadie
06-Mar-09, 00:00
Team game
give each team a square of bubble wrap and the first team to pop all the bubbles wins a prize (big bubbles and about a metre square using feet only should give you lots of giggles)

skinnydog
07-Mar-09, 20:57
Thanks for those great suggestions! I particulary like the treasure hunt inside, the mummy game and the do it yourself ice cream parlour.

I now have loads of inspiration for the event, just need some ear plugs and all should work well!!

Thanks again for the tips.

gillian17
07-Mar-09, 21:09
the mummy gamewent down a treat when i did it at my daughters party, you split them up into pairs, give them a toilet roll, and get one to wrap the other one up as a mummy, the best mummy at the end wins, brilliant funny game.