PDA

View Full Version : A Bracing Day!

Tugmistress
05-Mar-09, 19:48
Ok, been looking at those dreaded charts again lol
It looks like sunday could be a 'tad interesting' ;) luckily most folks wheelie bins will have something in them, so that shouldn't be a problem for a change haha. I'd get yer woolie knickers oot though as i reckon it'll feel like about -5c or even lower!

As always, things can and do change, but i'm watching this one as gusts around 60 - 70mph are looking probable at the moment.

Kodiak
05-Mar-09, 19:51
WHEEE, Wheelie Bin time again, I lay odds on that mine is the fastest :D

Thanks Tugs for this info and I will make sure I am snug and warm watching TV for this weekend. :D

shazzy
05-Mar-09, 20:11
Wooley knickers!! Havent seen them 4 sale yet since ive moved here,obviously looking in the wrong shops!! Ud need alot of fabric conditioner!:lol:

Tugmistress
05-Mar-09, 20:14
Wooley knickers!! Havent seen them 4 sale yet since ive moved here,obviously looking in the wrong shops!! Ud need alot of fabric conditioner!:lol:

Hahaha, nah, you learn to make yer own up here shazzy ;) best 'version' is that softee fluffy type synthetic wool, then yer bits don't itch!

davie
05-Mar-09, 21:19
Come on now ms Tuggy. Weather forecasting is one thing but Ann Summers parties (Caithness winter style) is something else

Katy
06-Mar-09, 10:58
What time do you think this is all going to start on Sunday Tuggs?

I'm heading to the Wedding Fayre in the Portlands, have a table at it and not fancying transporting stuff to and from the car if its blowing a gale.....

Thanks

Katy x

Tugmistress
06-Mar-09, 18:21
Well it's easing off as it gets closer, the morning looks to be the worst, starting around 3am - 6am sustained winds in the 40's gusting to maybe 60mph by this afternoons charts, back down to a good drying day about mid afternoon.
maybe not what you wanted to hear but better than it was! lol

i'll check again tomorrow.

Katy
06-Mar-09, 20:51
Thanks Tuggs. That doesn't sound too bad. At least if its during the night its not so bad, i'll pack the car up tomorrow just in case!

Thanks again
Katy xx

neepnipper
08-Mar-09, 09:07
It's sooo cold out there today, been snowing, too. Wind's picking up now. A snuggle day, I think!

brandy
08-Mar-09, 09:22
well i was out at the stables at 6 am this morning.. and on the way out the wind was blowing me pretty hard... it had eased down a bit and when i was putting porshe in the field the wind had fair died down.

cuddlepop
08-Mar-09, 09:42
Hail battering down on the caravan roof most of the night and even although we're not sleeping in it its below our window,what a racket.:eek:

Its beautiful between the showers so tempted to go out with the dogs but the winds freezing..:(

shazzy
08-Mar-09, 12:31
:DOh my god!! just been out with the dogs,u certainly know how to have windy weather up here dont you! ok until u have to walk against it then you all (including dogs) have the 'g-force' face!

Tugmistress
08-Mar-09, 13:07
:DOh my god!! just been out with the dogs,u certainly know how to have windy weather up here dont you! ok until u have to walk against it then you all (including dogs) have the 'g-force' face!

Haha welcome to caithness! this isn't really windy - this is just a good stiff caithness breeze ;) wait until we get a proper windy day :D