PDA

View Full Version : Dog Fouling in Dunnet Forest

dunnetforest
05-Mar-09, 18:44
Dunnet Forestry Trust are trying hard to sort out this problem with irresponsible dog owners. We are planning to hold a "dog poo" awareness weekend in late spring with the help of the dog warden and members of the Trust. Poo bags will be handed out as well as information about the diseases caused by dog litter.

Thumper
05-Mar-09, 20:35
I am afraid that an awareness day probably wont help,those that are responsible owners do and always will pick up after their dogs,those that arent responsible will continue to walk their dogs and leave the mess behind!I gave up trying to walk through the forest because of the mess that usually ended up all over the kids boots and my car,people who allow their dogs to foul and then dont pick it up should be dealt with harshly!I cant understand people who get a dog then refuse to look after it properly!x

Dadie
05-Mar-09, 23:25
How about a large bright prominant dog poo bag dispensing station at the gate to the forest so no one can have an excuse of not having a bag if caught not scooping!
Along with the penalties of not poop scooping displayed!:D

unicorn
05-Mar-09, 23:28
Could the forestry trust issue spot fines? I am sure after a few were handed out others would get the message. Any money raised could go towards the upkeep of the forest.

Dadie
06-Mar-09, 00:11
Proactive rather than reactive would raise awareness initially .... then hit them with the big stick when the carrot hasnt worked!