PDA

View Full Version : dunnethead lighthouse

butterfly
05-Mar-09, 04:06
went to another great gig at the lighthouse and really enjoyed it.clive carroll this time and he is a maestro on the guitar.john and isaac as usual were great hosts and the banter was cracking good.next gig is april and it canna come round fast enough for me!did anybody else have the pleasure of being there and what did you think of it?:lol:

Gleber2
05-Mar-09, 14:03
went to another great gig at the lighthouse and really enjoyed it.clive carroll this time and he is a maestro on the guitar.john and isaac as usual were great hosts and the banter was cracking good.next gig is april and it canna come round fast enough for me!did anybody else have the pleasure of being there and what did you think of it?:lol:
Thanks for the kind words. Clive is certainly a master. Dan Arborise is next and he has quite a reputation also.

Phoebus_Apollo
05-Mar-09, 22:40
Stunning performances all round - Clive Carroll blew my mind - very nice chap too:D:D

buddyrich
06-Mar-09, 00:10
It was textbook. The music was matched by clive's banter.

Dorrie
06-Mar-09, 00:13
It was a brilliant night indeed. I had seen Clive Caroll before and enjoyed him then too. A top night. Thx John and Isaac.

windness
06-Mar-09, 10:50
Is it by invitation only or can anyone go? I have heard that they are great nights.

GetWithTheTimes
12-Mar-09, 15:09
a night at the light house would be good i am getting back to my old self now that the years have passed and starting to enjoy music a lot more, i haven't been there in years but i must say magnificent collection of guitars when i was there! I have just recently bought a cheap guitar to practice on but i must admit it will take some time to produce anything near the quality of john and isaac i will most likely be in a zimmer frame by the time i can play anywhere near their quality

trix
18-Mar-09, 00:47
'e nite wis indeed fantastic....top class. 1st half wis a class act also. a nice way til break on 'e musical season at 'e litehoose.

i wis lucky enough til enjoy a wee session efterwards wi mr fattz an mr carroll, absolutely brilliant....wis totally blown awie. cana wait til 'e next one.

Is it by invitation only or can anyone go? I have heard that they are great nights.

its true what they say windness....''if yer names not doon....then yer not gettin in'' :Razz
however, bein 'e fine cheil that 'e glebe-master is, am sure if ye pm'd 'e dude an speak nice he may put yer name doon.....mite see ye at 'e next one then ;)

for all 'e ither kiddies that go i da ken if ye's hev got yer copy o' 'e previous concert when Barrere an Tackett fie little feat were playin? if ye hevna, ye should get'ed, its really fantastic lek.
david on 'e accordian an gypsy dave is brilliant.....john an isaac are out-standin as usual.....

an excellent cd....

iv checkt oot dan arborise on utube an really lookin forward til seein him.....

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Mar-09, 03:07
'e nite wis indeed fantastic....top class. 1st half wis a class act also. a nice way til break on 'e musical season at 'e litehoose.

i wis lucky enough til enjoy a wee session efterwards wi mr fattz an mr carroll, absolutely brilliant....wis totally blown awie. cana wait til 'e next one.

its true what they say windness....''if yer names not doon....then yer not gettin in'' :Razz
however, bein 'e fine cheil that 'e glebe-master is, am sure if ye pm'd 'e dude an speak nice he may put yer name doon.....mite see ye at 'e next one then ;)

for all 'e ither kiddies that go i da ken if ye's hev got yer copy o' 'e previous concert when Barrere an Tackett fie little feat were playin? if ye hevna, ye should get'ed, its really fantastic lek.
david on 'e accordian an gypsy dave is brilliant.....john an isaac are out-standin as usual.....

an excellent cd....

iv checkt oot dan arborise on utube an really lookin forward til seein him.....

I've not heard, or seen, footage from the Barrere/ Tackett show yet, trix. But I hope to, soon.

Speaking of the peedie feeties, there's a good chance we'll be supporting the full Little Feat band when they come to th ABC in Glasgow on May 12th. You might want to cadge a lift doon to Glesga yon night, trix :)

trix
20-Mar-09, 01:05
I've not heard, or seen, footage from the Barrere/ Tackett show yet, trix. But I hope to, soon.

Speaking of the peedie feeties, there's a good chance we'll be supporting the full Little Feat band when they come to th ABC in Glasgow on May 12th. You might want to cadge a lift doon to Glesga yon night, trix :)

cadge a lift?? wi a bit o' luck il be drivin masel ;)

cana wait....!

worth checkin oot 'at album pepsi...its weel guid :cool:

The Pepsi Challenge
20-Mar-09, 15:26
cadge a lift?? wi a bit o' luck il be drivin masel ;)

cana wait....!

worth checkin oot 'at album pepsi...its weel guid :cool:

Good good, trix. Fingers crossed.

butterfly
21-Mar-09, 01:07
Can someone tell me if the next gig at lighthoose is on the 16th or 19th?I canna remember what date Gleber2 said it was......:confused

Gleber2
21-Mar-09, 04:30
Can someone tell me if the next gig at lighthoose is on the 16th or 19th?I canna remember what date Gleber2 said it was......:confused
It's the 16th, a Thursday.:)

butterfly
21-Mar-09, 14:00
It's the 16th, a Thursday.:)

Thanks for the reminder Gleber2!:)

lister
21-Mar-09, 18:17
I agree with Butterfly the nite was exellent and great to see a masterful guitarist and also fats an isaac as edgy as ever.
Also hearing the accordian and the bongo drums being played struck me as new and really interesting,would like to hear more o dis.:)

butterfly
21-Mar-09, 20:59
I agree with Butterfly the nite was exellent and great to see a masterful guitarist and also fats an isaac as edgy as ever.
Also hearing the accordian and the bongo drums being played struck me as new and really interesting,would like to hear more o dis.:)

You will on the 16th,see you there!;)

Tubthumper
24-Mar-09, 14:03
How are these excellent gigs funded? Is it supported by HI-Arts or lottery money or anything?

Gleber2
24-Mar-09, 16:12
These gigs are private parties with invited guests and they are funded by contributions from these guests. Each person is contacted personally with no public admission. Indeed there are many people who would like to come and consider themselves my friend but I may overlook a number of folk when preparing for a concert. If you fall into that category, PM me.:)

canuck
25-Mar-09, 22:04
And there is always birthday cake at the August concert. :)

trix
26-Mar-09, 18:55

surly id get in for nothin....ma pal?

no 'e first time iv seen li'l feat as a vip ;)

The Pepsi Challenge
27-Mar-09, 18:43
Am sure we could squeeze you onto the guestlist, trix ;)

Speaking of the peedie feeties, our support slot with them should be confirmed this Monday coming. It's been a long wait, but, good things come to those...

Gleber2
08-Apr-09, 03:57
Dan Arborise is playing next Thursday. A fine guitarist.

buddyrich
08-Apr-09, 11:06
I was having a look at him on youtube. He's a good player, I really like his voice too. Wish i could make it, im sure it'll be a grand nicht.

butterfly
14-Apr-09, 13:03
I cant make the gig after all,oh and i are working that night but there's always next time............:(

trix
16-Apr-09, 18:34
I cant make the gig after all,oh and i are working that night but there's always next time............

aw, ats a shame flutterby :(

i da even ken ye but am sure ye'l be mist!

next time eh? ;)

me personally - cana wait!!!!!!

........................off til get ma gledrags on :lol:

butterfly
17-Apr-09, 01:33
aw, ats a shame flutterby :(

i da even ken ye but am sure ye'l be mist!

next time eh? ;)

me personally - cana wait!!!!!!

........................off til get ma gledrags on :lol:

Was it a cracking night as usual? I'm vexed i missed it. You do know me but you dont know that i am flutterby,if you ken what i mean lol!

trix
18-Apr-09, 17:04
Was it a cracking night as usual? I'm vexed i missed it. You do know me but you dont know that i am flutterby,if you ken what i mean lol!

it wis an excellent nite aye....full hoose too, ye may weel hev hed til sit on 'e floer if ye hed come :Razz

'e guy dan wis brill aye, kwite far oot but an enjoyable evening. 'e first half wis a night til mind....fattz wis in top form as wis isacc. david wis in a class o' his own on'es boxy an 'e ither dude wi' 'e dreadlocks wis prity guid an'al lek - joe, his name wis!!

hope til see ye aire next time flutterby....maybe ye can introduce yersel :lol:

thursa a concert in 'e weigh inn enite that'l be really guid. same sorto lineup but wi' a few more acts, nancy foggo bein one o' them.
am no goin masel, am off til cook a manies tea and hopefully drink all his reid wine.....:cool:

butterfly
18-Apr-09, 22:14
it wis an excellent nite aye....full hoose too, ye may weel hev hed til sit on 'e floer if ye hed come

'e guy dan wis brill aye, kwite far oot but an enjoyable evening. 'e first half wis a night til mind....fattz wis in top form as wis isacc. david wis in a class o' his own on'es boxy an 'e ither dude wi' 'e dreadlocks wis prity guid an'al lek - joe, his name wis!!

hope til see ye aire next time flutterby....maybe ye can introduce yersel :lol:

thursa a concert in 'e weigh inn enite that'l be really guid. same sorto lineup but wi' a few more acts, nancy foggo bein one o' them.
am no goin masel, am off til cook a manies tea and hopefully drink all his reid wine.....:cool:

Seems like it was a good night then by the looks o things.I have heard Nancy Foggo before when she did a stint with Fats in the Dounreay Club.Aye i will introduce myself to you at the next gig,you might weel be surprised ya know!Dinna go drinking all eh mannies wine,leave him a little!;)

Dorrie
19-Apr-09, 01:11
It was a good night. :) I really enjoyed it. I would have like to have seen the lad with the accordian do a solo though. I never knew I liked accordian music until I heard him. He gets a bit lost when joining in. :)

trix
20-Apr-09, 17:25
It was a good night. :) I really enjoyed it. I would have like to have seen the lad with the accordian do a solo though. I never knew I liked accordian music until I heard him. He gets a bit lost when joining in. :)

aw, its a shame ye never went til 'e geeg in 'e weigh inn dor....he wis playin solo ayre for a while. he dis sometimes do a wee stint on his own at 'e litehoose tho....

they da call him magic fingers for nothin ;)

butterfly
21-Jun-09, 18:53
Was at another gig last night at the Lighthouse.Michael Weston King.He was really good.Did anybody else see him?Fats was in good form as usual.

lister
21-Jun-09, 21:28
Yep,went along too, crisp sounds from both guitarists(acoustic fats on his own for a change and michael weston king) as well as mellow,thoughtful lyrics which provoke feelings in music rather than striking guitar riffs and charged energy, a very rhythmic live feeling to a harmonious night muchly enjoyed.

The Pepsi Challenge
27-Jun-09, 19:03
The Shee shells sheedees on the shee-shore :)

Sep 5 aye?

butterfly
20-Aug-09, 23:43
And there is always birthday cake at the August concert. :)

Concert was great and so was the cake too!

guitarzan
21-Aug-09, 08:35
Just seeing this thread revived made a question pop into my head which I'm sure Gleber2 or Chobbersjnr could help answer...

Is there any word or possibility of Aberfeldy bringing themselves up to your neck of the woods again any time soon?

Flipping missed the last one :(

Kenneth
21-Aug-09, 09:11
I missed aberfeldy?????????????? Where when?? At the lighthouse??

Gleber2
21-Aug-09, 11:44
Just seeing this thread revived made a question pop into my head which I'm sure Gleber2 or Chobbersjnr could help answer...

Is there any word or possibility of Aberfeldy bringing themselves up to your neck of the woods again any time soon?

Flipping missed the last one :(
They came here on a Tune Up tour and were consequently quite cheap to book. Beyond my budget these days. Must be about three years since their visit.

clash67
06-Sep-09, 12:09
Spewing that I missed the Clive Carroll gig!! and after saying I would be there too:(, I had even bought some new harps 'cause I was well up for a jam!!
I will try and make the next one if thats cool Johnny.

Gleber2
06-Sep-09, 13:52
Spewing that I missed the Clive Carroll gig!! and after saying I would be there too:(, I had even bought some new harps 'cause I was well up for a jam!!
Wasn't Clive, it was blues man, Pete Price who was here. Excellent blues night and a pity you missed it. !3th(Sunday next) will see Australian folk trio led by Chloe Hall here and you would be welcome to play a bit with us.

Moira
07-Sep-09, 20:40

Are you always 3 years behind lol?

Pete Price was great and you also missed the birthday cake which was even better! :)

Gleber2
08-Sep-09, 03:33
Are you always 3 years behind lol?

Clive was here in March this year, so who's behind?:)

buddyrich
08-Sep-09, 13:16
Very good he was too.

clash67
09-Sep-09, 21:40
I gotta get a diary! lol.

Moira
09-Sep-09, 23:16
Clive was here in March this year, so who's behind?:)

Err... would that be me then? I did a quick scan of this thread to see what I'd missed. "Clash-something" & "Guitar-zing" obviously confused me so I need to focus more when I try to tune into the Music Forum. I hope this doesn't mean I have been struck off the guest list. :(

Aberfeldy, Clive Carroll, Pete Price - who cares? You can't beat live music and every night at the Lighthouse is a great night. The venue is superb, the hosts always friendly and welcoming, what more can I say to redeem myself? ;)

Gleber2
10-Sep-09, 02:15
Err... would that be me then? I did a quick scan of this thread to see what I'd missed. "Clash-something" & "Guitar-zing" obviously confused me so I need to focus more when I try to tune into the Music Forum. I hope this doesn't mean I have been struck off the guest list. :(

Aberfeldy, Clive Carroll, Pete Price - who cares? You can't beat live music and every night at the Lighthouse is a great night. The venue is superb, the hosts always friendly and welcoming, what more can I say to redeem myself? ;)
You are still on the list but have not yet replied about this Sunday. You coming?

Moira
11-Sep-09, 00:05
You are still on the list but have not yet replied about this Sunday. You coming?

I've PM'd you.