PDA

View Full Version : Dog Kennels

Fran
05-Mar-09, 03:34
What dog kennel in Caithness would you recommend?
I have to go away soon and for the first time in his 9 years my dog will have to go in a kennel as the person who usually has him can't do it anymore.
The dog is a lovely excellently behaved dog, friendly and affectionate but a bit timid so i am worried incase he thinks I have got rid of him. His daddy died a year ago so i dont want him to think that his mummy has gone too.
I would need to know the kennel would give him some attention, and not just leave him alone all day, as he is not used to being alone much.

Fran
05-Mar-09, 04:29
This is a picture of the dog with his late daddy.

butterfly
05-Mar-09, 04:47
thats a lovely picture of the both of them fran,buddys together.hope you get your dog settled with kennels before you go.i would take him but my dog is very territorial with his domain.

buggyracer
05-Mar-09, 09:09
ramscraig, provides a good service :)

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-09, 09:28
Fran would he tolerate company as in a spaniel and a cat and some rabbits if so I know someone who will have him and you know them very well. :)

Fran
06-Mar-09, 05:06
Can't think who this is, don't think i know anyone with a spaniel, wont sleep now for thinking!!!! I am going away at least 3 or 4 times this year, all going well, so need someone who will love and care for my dog, I'm not bothered about cost, just his well being as he is my bairn!!!

Tristan
06-Mar-09, 07:54
ramscraig, provides a good service :)

I will second that - Very good.

dousslesh
06-Mar-09, 10:07
Have you considered Highland Petcare ? They look after your pet in your own home . There are I believe, plans to introduce a service for carers to look after dogs in the carers home but don't know how far that has progressed though. Contact details below :
I should mention I am registered to work for them ( although they have not needed my services to date !) But I know every housesitter is vetted and has a CRB check ( criminal record check ) Good luck in finding the right care for your dog - it's always a worry finding the right person you can trust isn't it ?
We are lucky in having two friends who look after our croft and associated animals ( particularly our much loved dogs !) and they love having a holiday here -they also love our dogs and they love them !
Highland Petcare www.highlandpetcare.co.uk (http://www.highlandpetcare.co.uk)
Tel No 01593 751202 & 01593 741239
Good Luck.

binbob
06-Mar-09, 19:45
Have you considered Highland Petcare ? They look after your pet in your own home . There are I believe, plans to introduce a service for carers to look after dogs in the carers home but don't know how far that has progressed though. Contact details below :
I should mention I am registered to work for them ( although they have not needed my services to date !) But I know every housesitter is vetted and has a CRB check ( criminal record check ) Good luck in finding the right care for your dog - it's always a worry finding the right person you can trust isn't it ?
We are lucky in having two friends who look after our croft and associated animals ( particularly our much loved dogs !) and they love having a holiday here -they also love our dogs and they love them !
Highland Petcare www.highlandpetcare.co.uk (http://www.highlandpetcare.co.uk)
Tel No 01593 751202 & 01593 741239
Good Luck.
definitely try this.my dogsare fine with their sitter.the lady does homeboarding inher wick home.goodluck.

supernova
06-Mar-09, 22:13
We have used both kennels in Caithness and have no complaints about either but recently have used Easter Urray Kennels in Muir of Ord. They seem to have lots of staff meaning the dogs get more attention and they get taken for a walk as soon as you leave them. Our dog seemed less traumatised after being left there and I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Quite a distance away but not too much of a detour if you are travelling via Inverness. tel number is in the yellow . Good luckpages

teenybash
06-Mar-09, 23:27
This is a picture of the dog with his late daddy.

Fran what a loving picture, I am sure you treasure it and all the love you have I know you will give now to you doggy buddy. Hope you find real good kennels.