PDA

View Full Version : it's bound to be simple, but ......

Tugmistress
04-Mar-09, 18:38
ok, the other tower that i run the weather station and web cams on gave up the ghost last week, so i've acquired another one, with monitor.
i've plugged the monitor in to the tower, the tower and monitor in to the mains sockets, a spare mouse and spare keyboard in to the tower .... you'd think that it'd work wouldn't you? does it hekkers like! the monitor wont seem to 'wake up' ! i can unplug the monitor from the tower and the little light then turns green (from being yellow) and it comes up on the screen 'please check connection' or such like

what the flippin hek have i got wrong?

unicorn
04-Mar-09, 18:45
mine does that when I don't have the tower turned on???????

blueivy
04-Mar-09, 18:49
ok, the other tower that i run the weather station and web cams on gave up the ghost last week, so i've acquired another one, with monitor.
i've plugged the monitor in to the tower, the tower and monitor in to the mains sockets, a spare mouse and spare keyboard in to the tower .... you'd think that it'd work wouldn't you? does it hekkers like! the monitor wont seem to 'wake up' ! i can unplug the monitor from the tower and the little light then turns green (from being yellow) and it comes up on the screen 'please check connection' or such like

what the flippin hek have i got wrong?

Is it a known working monitor? Is it a known working graphics card on the tower? My bet is the graphics card on the tower.

Tugmistress
04-Mar-09, 18:59
well apparently it was working last night when it was dropped off for me at my car - though there was a loose hard drive wobbling around in the tower (my old one that's knackered) that i forgot i was told about and i sort of carried it in upside down ooops

blueivy
04-Mar-09, 20:50
well apparently it was working last night when it was dropped off for me at my car - though there was a loose hard drive wobbling around in the tower (my old one that's knackered) that i forgot i was told about and i sort of carried it in upside down ooops

Have you checked it thought with a known working monitor so you know it works now?

Tugmistress
05-Mar-09, 01:40
sorry for the late reply, been out :)
yes i checked it with this monitor and i had the same thing, it seemed to be 'sleeping' ... wonder if i've knocked a connection off something? i'll get the guy who put it together for me to call round - thanks Blue Ivy you're a star :)

blueivy
05-Mar-09, 18:38
sorry for the late reply, been out :)
yes i checked it with this monitor and i had the same thing, it seemed to be 'sleeping' ... wonder if i've knocked a connection off something? i'll get the guy who put it together for me to call round - thanks Blue Ivy you're a star :)

As you said in your subject - it's bound to be something simple (if only that were even occasionally true!)