PDA

View Full Version : New Member .. Hello

Gene Hunt
04-Mar-09, 18:26
Found this forum a little while ago and have been lurking for a while, decided to take the plunge.

I am not from Caithness but I was born there while my parents were on holiday, why they went on holiday two weeks before I was due I don't know but there you go. I have some free time just now so figured I would do some research as I have been back since but not for some years.

Obviously that means I am not the real Gene Hunt. Although I do kind of act like him I am told .. never let your wife pick a username for you.

unicorn
04-Mar-09, 18:37
Welcome home [lol]

Tugmistress
04-Mar-09, 18:39
haha great introduction, best i've read in a long while, very nice play on words for your username :)

dirdyweeker
04-Mar-09, 19:57
Welcome Gene Hunt, hope you manage to locate lots of genes in your hunt!
Look forward to seeing more posts from you.
Most of us are rather sociable;)

butterfly
04-Mar-09, 20:07
welcome Gene Hunt,hope you have a good time posting here.:)

Melancholy Man
04-Mar-09, 20:14
I am not from Caithness but I was born there while my parents were on holiday,

Did they remember to take you home? Or were they a pair of great, soft, sissy, girlie, nancy, French, bender, Man United supporting... scatterbrains?

Goldie
04-Mar-09, 20:56
Hi there well I know a lot of babies are concived on holiday ;) .......not usually born on holiday so that may make you fairly unique! Most people take some goodies back from their holidays, your mum and dad sure took home something special.

Hope you have fun posting on the Org.

Cheers

teenybash
04-Mar-09, 21:02
Welcome on your coming out from Lurkland and onto the org. Hope you enjoy all that awaits you and all you give us to think about.:)

Valerie Campbell
04-Mar-09, 21:14
Hi Gene. Welcome to the Org. We'll see if Alex turns up (since Sam kinda died)

joxville
04-Mar-09, 21:17
Hi Gene. Welcome to the Org. We'll see if Alex turns up (since Sam kinda died)

I'm looking forward to that. ;)

Welcome Gene.

balto
04-Mar-09, 22:05
welcome to the org gene, happt posting.

TRUCKER
05-Mar-09, 08:32
Welcome to e org gene. Many happy postings

anneoctober
05-Mar-09, 10:42
Welcome to Orgland Gene, your parents were obviously people of great taste!! ;) The Org ALWAYS reclaims it's own...........[lol]

Gene Hunt
05-Mar-09, 11:15
Thanks for the welcome.

I spoke to my dad last night and told him about the site, he will have a look the next time he is over. He doesn't have a computer (or want one), my parents were complete Hippies when they were younger. Hence my being born on the road !!

Dad did say that the people and the place were brilliant, he remembers staying in a Hotel called the Rosebank. My birth certificate says I was born in Wick, been told the name of the hospital was the Dunbar or something. Mum said there was no shortage of people willing to help when I turned up, particularly when it came to wetting the babies head !!

Melancholy Man
05-Mar-09, 11:47
My birth certificate says I was born in Wick, been told the name of the hospital was the Dunbar or something.

I assume it means the county town,then.

dirdyweeker
05-Mar-09, 15:10
Dad did say that the people and the place were brilliant, he remembers staying in a Hotel called the Rosebank. My birth certificate says I was born in Wick, been told the name of the hospital was the Dunbar or something. Mum said there was no shortage of people willing to help when I turned up, particularly when it came to wetting the babies head !!

Mmm.. a lot of babies were born in the Dunbar Hospital at one time but I would have thought birth certificate would register your birth as Thurso. The Registrar Office is certainly in Wick so maybe it was registered in Wick.
As for the Rosebank Hotel, lots of lovely memories. Irene and the late Alistair Sutherland ran a great place. Perhaps I was there to wet your head??! :lol:

Thumper
05-Mar-09, 20:05
Hi and welcome!Most people take little nick nacks home from their holidays not a baby :eek: great holiday story though! x

wee sparkle
05-Mar-09, 21:06
Welcome to the org:D
Happy posting :)

Dadie
06-Mar-09, 00:20
hope you like it here
its quite cozy here apart from a few frosty b@*@^rs!

Fran
06-Mar-09, 05:13
What a good place to be born!!! Welcome to the org. I see you are in Wales, you must chat with our kevin wilkins on here, he is from Wales also, and I love Llandudno.