PDA

View Full Version : Change of venue for mobile chippy tonight

Tugmistress
04-Mar-09, 15:36
Just been informed that the mobile chippy wont be at keiss tonight, but, he will be in high ormlie somewhere around the community centre i think from 4pm until 8pm.

Allsorts
04-Mar-09, 15:39
Oh was looking forward to nipping to Keiss to get some chips tonight as missed him last week. Is he going to stop going to Keiss?

Feeona
04-Mar-09, 15:40
Thats a shame as I was looking forward to a taster of his chips tonight

Kodiak
04-Mar-09, 15:40
Thanks for this information Tugs. I will go looking for him as I am not far from the community centre, this will save me having to cook tonight, Oh Happy Days :D

Tugmistress
04-Mar-09, 15:41
Oh was looking forward to nipping to Keiss to get some chips tonight as missed him last week. Is he going to stop going to Keiss?

not that i'm aware of, sorry i don't know more it was just a quick chat with his mrs as we're meeting up later.

Allsorts
04-Mar-09, 15:43
Just seems a shame when Keiss didn't get last week cause of the weather.

Kodiak
04-Mar-09, 15:46
I agree it is a shame for Keiss but a GREAT Boon for us in Ormlie, :D

balto
04-Mar-09, 16:05
could do with him coming over to springpark one night.

Billy Boy
04-Mar-09, 16:07
Why isnt he going to keiss? Or is it a case of getting more custom in thurso :confused

Tugmistress
04-Mar-09, 16:19
Why isnt he going to keiss? Or is it a case of getting more custom in thurso :confused

as i said, i do not know, i only had a quick chat with his mrs as we are meeting up later, i'm sorry i don't possess a crystal ball ;)

Billy Boy
04-Mar-09, 16:26
i'm sorry i don't possess a crystal ball ;)

And if the good people of keiss have one, Then they will know they wont be haveing fish n chips tonight.
Lets hope theirs not to many waiting for him :roll:

Kodiak
04-Mar-09, 18:18
WOW Just finished the Best Fish Supper I have had for Years. Yes it was from the mobile Fish & Chip Van up by the Community Centre in High Ormlie.

The Fish was Huge and so Fresh Tasting, Excellent is not enough to say about this.

Only down side was that he was sold out of Cheesecake, But I hope he will have some next week, I look forward to tasting the Cheesecake. :D

changilass
04-Mar-09, 18:22
Lol you just lost him a sale, was gonna go a drive over but if he aint got cheesecake I aint bothering.

Blondie
04-Mar-09, 18:27
Thought you were on a diet changilass? :lol:

changilass
04-Mar-09, 18:31
Can be tempted off it with cheesecake, but not with fish and chips, hence the loss of the sale.

Have bought some 'fat' clothes for the cruise so it would cost too much to loose weight now lol

unicorn
04-Mar-09, 18:40
Well I think a few people requested him to the town and the man is running a business so why should he not think about profit?
Now BB put that wooden spoon away [lol]

Billy Boy
04-Mar-09, 19:03
Well I think a few people requested him to the town and the man is running a business so why should he not think about profit?

So that makes it alright to change his schedule at the last minute, And just not go to keiss?

unicorn
04-Mar-09, 19:08
As the owner of the business it is solely his choice.

Billy Boy
04-Mar-09, 19:14
As the owner of the business it is solely his choice.

Now thats very true lol, But what sort of message does that put out to the people off keiss?

unicorn
04-Mar-09, 19:18
I suppose he will find out next time he is there, it also depends on how much business he is actually getting there.
It is a new business and I suppose things will change as he gains experience and learns what does or does not work.

Billy Boy
04-Mar-09, 19:43
I suppose he will find out next time he is there, it also depends on how much business he is actually getting there.
It is a new business and I suppose things will change as he gains experience and learns what does or does not work.

Well thats very true lol,Your no as daft as you look :Razz There again what do i know, I was only looking at it from a potential customers point of view ;)

LMS
04-Mar-09, 20:01

He has only been to Keiss once and even then, 90% of the population didn't know he was coming. His chips were excellent but are now a dim and distant memory.......................................

Sunshine
04-Mar-09, 20:15
I am a hungry lady sitting waiting in Keiss for the chip van which never comes this is the third week he has disappoingted many people:~(

nellie
04-Mar-09, 20:24
The fourth week I have sat and waited for the chip van in Keiss and yet again I had to take myself into Wick-

dblonde
04-Mar-09, 22:03
Does he come to Wick at all?

chef4celebrations
04-Mar-09, 22:49
not yet but that is not to say never, who knows it might happen when i get my second van

golach
04-Mar-09, 22:52
not yet but that is not to say never, who knows it might happen when i get my second van
Please Please, don't get a second van, and don't go near Castletown, there is a dieting Orger there that falls off her diet when your Cheesecake is on the go [lol]

changilass
04-Mar-09, 23:22
Right thats it [evil]

Bad rep for Golach for that post or sure, I would tell mini changi to kick your shins but he likes you for some strange reason :lol:

I promise to keep to the diet once, and only once, I have had a piece of after eight cheesecake.

unicorn
04-Mar-09, 23:28
after eight cheesecake sounds like a migraine waiting to happen, mint, chocolate and cheese :eek:

changilass
04-Mar-09, 23:34
Baubles!

You have a point there Unicorn, will just have to up the preventative meds for a few days afore and after lol.

It had better be worth it.

It could be worse, it could have red wine and liquorice in it too lol

Bobinovich
04-Mar-09, 23:37
Well the Ferrero Rocher cheesecake today was delicious, and sorry to those I disappointed in Ormlie by buying the remaining slices :Razz! No, my diet has not gone off the rails - a little of what you fancy does you good and, by gum, I fancied some of that!

It wasn't all for me though - a few close friends were able to indulge and, surprise surprise, no bad comments - just ooh's & aah's.

However I understand that the After Eight variety is back on the menu next week, and I already have my orders to deliver a slice to Changi on my way past!

changilass
04-Mar-09, 23:39
Bob is my bestest pal <kiss kiss>

stiggy
04-Mar-09, 23:58
Bob is my bestest pal <kiss kiss>

Changi behave remember your new clothes.

Bob you can miss me out next week on cheesecake not to fond of aftereight but the Ferrero Rocher one was yummy

Fran
05-Mar-09, 03:25
I'm often through Keiss to john O Groats between 730-8pm. when is the fish and chip van there? Does anyone know please

LMS
05-Mar-09, 09:22
I'm often through Keiss to john O Groats between 730-8pm. when is the fish and chip van there? Does anyone know please

That is the question that the emaciated population of Keiss have been asking for some time! :lol:

Tugmistress
05-Mar-09, 11:33
You might find this helpful (or not lol) from the recommendation thread

i do appologise but there is something that is telling me not to go to keiss, everytime i get the van ready to go out on the road to keiss something goes wrong, or breaks, or the wind gets too strong for the trailer
(45-50mph), out of the 6 weeks i tried to get to you once i made it and then crashed on the way back, and i was only going 20mph, and tonight one of my chip tubs broke apart when i picked it up and 2 sacks of prepared chips were wasted as they fell all over the drive and had to be thrown away. maybe in the future it might be put back on the route when i have the other van.
sorry for the inconvenience, and please feel free to come to my other locations which will be on my website in due course.

c4c

Sunshine
10-Mar-09, 16:17
Is the chip van going to be in Keiss on Wednesday 11th?

teenybash
10-Mar-09, 16:32
Does anyone know where the chipvan will be tonight?

LMS
10-Mar-09, 18:28
Is the chip van going to be in Keiss on Wednesday 11th?

Will I get something out of the freezer tomorrow morning for our dinner or will I take a chance on the chip van coming????

Kodiak
10-Mar-09, 18:42
I was told last Wednesday that the Chip Van would be back in Ormlie this Wednesday. I will be waiting for him.

Kodiak
11-Mar-09, 18:54
The Chip is around here at Ormlie. At the moment I have a happy Tummy as I have just finished my Fish Supper, Wonderful.

My Son and Daughter-in-Law came round specially so they could have their Tea with us and they were also delighted with their Suppers. Can not praise him Highly Enough.