PDA

View Full Version : new to area

shazzy
04-Mar-09, 13:48
Hiya everyone,moved up to Keiss from Bath bout month ago,love your site! How long does it take to get used to the wind!!!:D

davie
04-Mar-09, 13:55
hi shazzy, nice to see you here and welcome to what is truly 'Gods Country'.
There are a few not so good things about Caithness, including the wind !. Over more than half a century I can confirm that whenever you might want to do something outside, like painting house or car, putting up a tent etc etc, it will get windy.
Do not despair though, its only windy on days with a 'd' in the spelling and it rains on the others.Windy or not, I would not be anywhere else.

Melancholy Man
04-Mar-09, 13:58
Dunno about G-d, but IAM the Angel of Death, and the Day of Purification has come...

#shotgun click#

TRUCKER
04-Mar-09, 14:13
Hi shazzy and welcome to e org. You will get used to the wind sometime. Many happy postings

Kodiak
04-Mar-09, 14:18
Wind what Wind? Welcome to the org, have lots of fun :D

The Angel Of Death
04-Mar-09, 14:38
Dunno about G-d, but IAM the Angel of Death, and the Day of Purification has come...

#shotgun click#

Actually its a flaming sword of fire i use ;)

As for the wind it just adds more fun for wheelie bin racing forces you make your bin more aerodynamic :D

Tugmistress
04-Mar-09, 14:39
Actually its a flaming sword of fire i use ;)

As for the wind it just adds more fun for wheelie bin racing forces you make your bin more aerodynamic :D

or for playing 'dodgems' with them along the road ;)

raymac
04-Mar-09, 14:45
Just wait a couple of months, and you'l be praying for wind when the wee beasties come to get you[evil].

Bazeye
04-Mar-09, 15:35
Hiya everyone,moved up to Keiss from Bath bout month ago,love your site! How long does it take to get used to the wind!!!:D

Stop eating Beanz then.;)

balto
04-Mar-09, 16:07
eh never, ive lived here all my life and still hate the blasted wind.

Bad Manners
04-Mar-09, 16:50
welcome to the area as you will have guessed by now the wind is a factor of living in the best area in the country but you will get used to it and will apreciate the calm days all the more

butterfly
04-Mar-09, 20:27
welcome to the org shazzy:)

unicorn
04-Mar-09, 20:37
welcome
it's not windy until it hit's 100mph until then it's just a good drying day :lol:

Goldie
04-Mar-09, 20:38
:D Welcome Shazzy hope you enjoy the Org. It will give you a few laughs and lots of interesting info.

teenybash
04-Mar-09, 21:07
Hi Shazzy.....welcome to Caithness and the org....as to the wind, it's natures way of providing us with a tumble dryer.............providing it isn't raining.:)

Fran
05-Mar-09, 04:02
I know Bath very well, so its a big change for you up here. Hope you have settled in now and welcome to the org.

Lavenderblue2
05-Mar-09, 11:20
Welcome Shazzy - just invest in some really good clothes pegs and you'll be fine. :lol:

anneoctober
05-Mar-09, 11:39
welcome to the planet Org Shazzy ! As for our Caithness wind, it's the County's way of wrapping you up in love and caressing your hair........ ;)

dellwak
05-Mar-09, 12:53
Welcome Shazzy.
You will never get used to the wind.
But I can tell you from experiance, when you move away you will miss it.

Melancholy Man
05-Mar-09, 13:03
Is it windy? I never did notice.

shazzy
05-Mar-09, 19:59
thanks for all your welcomes,dont feel so lonely n' missin friends now!:Razz

Thumper
05-Mar-09, 20:03
Hi Shazzy and welcome to org land,as for wind...well you get quite a bit of it up here,even hot air on here sometimes too ;) x