PDA

View Full Version : Royal Mail

moose and Lindsay
17-Feb-06, 13:03
What is happening with them at the moment, loads of mail going missing!!

I have posted birthday cards (gone missing), cheques (gone missing) and even a brand new dvd and that never arrived either

We send documents to DVLA for a car we bought and weeks later phoned them and it never arrived, so they said post the little wee green slip to us and we will post the documents out to u and guess what..... that went missing to, so now we have to pay £19 to get them, i think it is helish [evil]

Loads of people taking them for millions of £'s

Have u had any mail gone missing???

I post all my stuff registered now

Lindsay

misty woman
17-Feb-06, 13:10
I also have had mail go missing,it was last christmas and i posted a christmas card to my neice in thurso with a 15 pound gift card in- side and it never turned up and quess what i got as compensation-A BOOK OF STAMPS!BIG DEAL.:evil

Liz
17-Feb-06, 14:09
I am really fed up with Royal Mail as I have had lots of items 'go missing' as well both being sent and being delivered to me.

Where on earth does it all go?:roll:

pedromcgrory
17-Feb-06, 15:03
never had any probs myself ,but my g.f has had a few money going missing for birthdays etc a few times and even ones sent to her have never been found in the end it does come down to crooked posties has to be but i guess it a long process which they know there has to be proof ,for them to be caught ,do they not record every letter for example thats picked up ,there should be 1 post person in every town etc ,thats liable for how many letters went out that was posted and who was delivering them should be monitored ,maybe it does already but maybe not

AR
17-Feb-06, 15:12
There was a documentery on the tv last year investigating this. They (i think) concluded that most of the problems/thefts were down to agency staff as they are not security checked as regular staff are.
Most of the local posties in my experiance are very helpful, i dont know about elsewhere.

obiron
17-Feb-06, 16:34
wick bunch o staff seem ok but when is send stuff up to my nephew in thurso it does seem to go missing. a few things sent to him from aunts and grandparents have gone awol too. checks should be done on staff but there are bad apples everywhere.

Big G
17-Feb-06, 16:50
wick bunch o staff seem ok but when is send stuff up to my nephew in thurso it does seem to go missing. a few things sent to him from aunts and grandparents have gone awol too. checks should be done on staff but there are bad apples everywhere.

someone i know sent a christmas prezzie to her son in December. He received it yesterday! (Thursday)

I also seen the programme about the people who open mail - if they think it is a bday card some thieves will open it and steal the money or what ever is in it! VERY BAD! [evil]

badger
17-Feb-06, 19:33
I've had two things go missing recently, both of which I know were posted. One can be replaced but the other can't and neither were worth registering. If so many people know about things going missing, what about all the ones we don't know about?

landmarker
17-Feb-06, 19:59
They have cut down on agency staff but still use a lot. They also attract recent immigrant labour, because the wages are not great. It might be coincidental but standards have sliped much more markedly since this trend was established.

That said I used to work for the Royal Mail in the eighties and a colleague was jailed for eighteen months for thieving. He had hundreds of items in his home. His name was Clive and he was not of India, or anywhere else foreign.

landmarker
17-Feb-06, 20:00
someone i know sent a christmas prezzie to her son in December. He received it yesterday! (Thursday)

I also seen the programme about the people who open mail - if they think it is a bday card some thieves will open it and steal the money or what ever is in it! VERY BAD! [evil]

It's actually 'illegal' to send cash in the ordinary post. At least it used to be.

devon lass
18-Feb-06, 00:59
on the 11th of December last year i airmailed a christmas card to my uncle in Florida (1st class) to make sure he got it on time and on the 24th of January this year i had it returned to me.I had to call him to make sure he was alright hes 87 and lives alone it frightend me i thought something had happened to him when i recieved it back.Also we send parcels to our son in plymouth by next day delivery and our son said one parcel turned up 5 days later what a waste of time and money i do not rate the postal service at all.

Doleve
18-Feb-06, 18:40
Ive never had anything go missing...yet, but going on what ive read here and read in the papers and seen on the tv its only a matter of time.

landmarker
18-Feb-06, 22:42
When I was a postman in the seveties it was the time of 'record clubs' do you remember? You'd order and album every month or so. It wasn't unknown for a few of the blokes to take the record home - if they fancied it - and tape it on their cassette decks, delivering it a day late the next morning. Bit cheeky eh? yet compared to what goes on today with nicked cheque books and identity fraud it all seems rather benign looking back. A kind of perverse, unwelcome flattery to ones musical taste.