PDA

View Full Version : info

igglepiggle
03-Mar-09, 21:15
we are looking for suggestions to raise money for our toddler group. so far we have family prize bingo, coffee morning, disco, car boot sale, any other suggestions would be great.

dirdyweeker
03-Mar-09, 21:24
Being a Mother and Toddler group why do you not arrange a "rag party"
You supply the nibbles, charge an entrance fee and ask for donations of childrens clothing. (quality seconds of course)
The clothes are then put up for auction.....people bid for them. Keep prices low. All proceeds are then yours.
Used to be popular in the 80's.
Little effort required, a good social night and a good way of mothers having a clear out of their kids clothing.

Kodiak
03-Mar-09, 21:30
How about :-

Car Treasure Hunt
Guess the Number of sweets in a Jar (get a shop to have on counter for you)
Scavanger Hunt
Car Wash
Raffle
Treasure Map with 100 Squares, one with treasure, sell at £1.00 a square and winner receives cash prize.

K

igglepiggle
03-Mar-09, 21:35
many thanks for your suggestions, i have them noted down, i have never heard off a rag party!! sounds good though!! the sweets jar and treasure hunt would be a quick way also to make up and start, many thanks keep them coming. we are having a raffle at our coffee morning and also at prize bingo.

Invisible
03-Mar-09, 21:41
i would suggest along the same lines as the other posts. You may want to do something to do with easter, like decorating then rolling eggs, easter egg hunt, mind you it may be harsh to charge the kids for taking part in that.

balto
03-Mar-09, 21:51
hows about bag packing it always raises a lot of money.

Kathy@watten
03-Mar-09, 22:59
Try a calender of pics of the kids...will need consent forms and then sell em near Xmas time, always a winner and can be done online for much cheapness and every parent will prob buy one for grannies etc, dad's place of work, the living room....cheap to do , easy and something people would buy anyway so not more tat! Can also get tea towels etc same idea!

Fran
04-Mar-09, 03:25
Prize Bingo............though you would have to buy prizes or get them donated. You can raise a lot of money at this. You could spend £200 on prizes and raise £800, also bottle stalls are very popular.

kitty kat
04-Mar-09, 10:09
i would suggest along the same lines as the other posts. You may want to do something to do with easter, like decorating then rolling eggs, easter egg hunt, mind you it may be harsh to charge the kids for taking part in that.

that is a good idea but dont charge the kids thats the way of getting parents to come free games for the kids on the day. parents come to give the kids something to do, and as always the purse is in the pocket :)

ellimac
04-Mar-09, 12:05
Our Mother & Toddler group raised money thro doing a sponsored walk with the little ones... It was really good and we raised quite a bit of money and the kids enjoyed being outside for the morning, we also had a little picnic in the way of snack for them and they thought this was really good fun..... :D