PDA

View Full Version : sickness bug and sleep deprivation!!

lynne duncan
03-Mar-09, 16:53
having 5 mins of feeling sorry for myself, then will get back to my invalids!. littlest one started on sat night but left her by sunday night. oldest daughter strted on sunday night with really bad stomach cramps which has never really left her and has spent most of today running to the bathroom, son started last night and was sick from 2 onwards also has these stomach cramps. hubby woke up today, greyer than grey also sickness and cramps, so he went back to bed. me as well stomach cramps and headaches and a now healthy 5 year old wanting attention in the middle of it.
think a large portion of hillhead school were absent with it yesterday 5o ish pupils off
hopefully it won't last much longer.
oldest is back in bathroom so must go and give her a cuddle

Blondie
03-Mar-09, 17:10
Aw what a shame on you all.

Give me a shout (pm) if I can help you out at all (shopping or help with the dogs etc)

Hope you all feel better soon.

floyed
03-Mar-09, 18:15
My OH and bairn had it over the weekend, I hav'nt had it yet:eek:

Liz
03-Mar-09, 18:34
Oh Lynne my sympathy to you and your family. It is bad enough being ill without being sleep deprived.

My sister and me had an awful bug at the beginning of the year which totally floored us as we couldn't get any sleep either.

I still haven't fully recovered from it.:(

Big virtual hugs to you and hope you all feel much better soon.

teenybash
03-Mar-09, 18:41
How awful for you all....hopefully it will pass quickly and see you all feeling better.............get well wishes to you..........make sure you drink plenty fluids.

Venture
03-Mar-09, 18:54
Poor you Lynne. :( It's an awful bug that seems to be spreading like wildfire. Worse in your case because your whole family are struck down with it. Good on you for still managing to look after everyone else even though you are not feeling well yourself. I hope it dosen't last long and as teenybash says, drink plenty. Try drinking some flat coke it is supposed to help for a bug like this. Get well soon.

unicorn
03-Mar-09, 18:56
That sounds awful Lynne, I hope you all recover soon and hubby lets you stay in bed all day Saturday for all your nursing :D

lynne duncan
03-Mar-09, 22:08
thanks you lot, virtual hugs sure can make a person feel better,
hubby took over for a couple of hours and me and oldest one went for a nap, she gets herself so wound up when she gets bugs like these.
touch wood all the bairns haven't been sick since 7 have chased them all to bed, hubby is still being sick. think we'll all have another day vegetating and hopefully be a bit better after it.
its amazing how quickly bugs can floor folk, suppose though we have our blessings to be thanked that they don't last long.
blondie thanks for the offer, mum and dad are being great and running errands for us, and think i'll cheat and do a tesco online shop tomorrow

again thanks for the moral support

balto
03-Mar-09, 23:11
hope everyone is feeling better soon. i have 3 full of the cold, think the 3 year old is heading for the flu as e has sore legs and arms also high temp but he wont take calpol, just hope the baby doesnt get worse.

Margaret M.
04-Mar-09, 02:53
Och Lynne, that's no fun. I hope you all feel better real soon.

Goldie
04-Mar-09, 10:05
:( It sounds awful for you all. I hope this new day brings better health to all of you.

You seem to have a network helping you with shopping etc but if you run out of DVD's or video's to put on for the family whilst they are recovering PM me and I can lend you some you may not have seen.

Wishing you all well and hope you get some much deserved rest.

Cheers