PDA

View Full Version : Recycling wood for furniture

Julia
03-Mar-09, 15:46
I'm all for recycling but happened to notice this website and I can't believe the troch (http://www.sylvantutch.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=36&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=14) they are selling and charging mega bucks for, there's 'rustic' and then there is ridiculous!

Shabbychic
03-Mar-09, 16:01
Reminds me of some of the projects my sons did at school.:D

A lot of this eco-friendly and save the planet mumbo-jumbo is just another new way to make money. It's a bit like "The Emperor's New Clothes". If everybody goes along with it, it's fabulous, but one day they will see how stupid they have been and how crazy this stuff really is.

Shabbychic
03-Mar-09, 16:05
On second thoughts. maybe I'll get my grandkids up this summer to try a bit of woodworking. We'll make a fortune.

TBH
03-Mar-09, 17:21
Is this a joke website?[lol] If not, what a load of utter rubbish which looks like it has been cobbled together, (very badly), by a five year old, using old fish boxes.[lol]

You may also be interested in these product(s)

Aye right, sure we will.[lol]

dirdyweeker
03-Mar-09, 17:35
I actually quite liked a few things on this site. The 'love' chairs and some of the tables were certainly different. I liked also some of the accessories. The price was the only off putting thing.
Perhaps it is just as well we all like different things

wifie
03-Mar-09, 17:38
Have to say I find some of it appealing - needs the right setting! Heck of a pricey tho!

Bad Manners
03-Mar-09, 17:42
Having looked through the site I have to disagree with some of the others
it is rustic furniture and has a charm to it.
It may not be to everyones taste and as regards to pricing it seems fair after all each piece is original by the very nature of the timber used.
so they have a thumbs up from me