PDA

View Full Version : Bt Broad Band Newsletter

Mr P Cannop
17-Sep-03, 11:05
www.broadband4caithness.co.u k/newsletter

Welcome to the 1st Edition of our Newsletter
To start us off - Theres nothing better than good news
Thurso is going LIVE!
Broadband4Caithness is pleased to announce the launch of Broadband Services in Thurso.

You are going to be one of the first people to know when Broadband becomes Live in a Caithness exchange.

THE LAUNCH DATE FOR BROADBAND SERVICES IN THURSO IS
7TH JANUARY 2004

YOU CAN NOW PRE-ORDER FOR THIS SERVICE

What you should do Next?
• You will start to receive an email from Nildram or Eclipse regarding placing an order, but please dont let them push you into purchasing from them.

• Have a browse around our website for the Special Offers we have listed in the Broadband Links section.

• Finally once you have pre-ordered, Just sit back and wait for the Broadband revolution to arrive.

Remember you are the one who makes the final decision on which ISP you choose.

Visit our Website
Our Website www.broadband4caithness.co.uk has just been completed so if your in need of more information, then this will be the best place to get it from.

Have a Great Week

General Information
Broadband4Caithness is a non-profit organisation, Please feel free to donate at our website at www.broadband4caithness.co.uk

kwbrown111
19-Sep-03, 23:13
hi, just signed up for the pipex one good value. just don't buy the extra filters from them as you can pick them up on Ebay for £2.50 :o)

Jeid
20-Sep-03, 02:38
I'm considering taking the virgin offer. I have a modem and filters already so all i need is to get connected.

The virgin deal is good as there are no ties

GGBROWN
01-Oct-03, 21:06
I am seriously considering signing up for broadband in January, the thing that confuses me the most is what happens to my existing telephone line and box in the house.

My telephone line was DAC'sd by BT and ive had a hell of a problem trying to get them to do anything about it.

Do BT come out and change the box in the house and do they charge extra for this if you dont sign up with them.

Technology... aint it great!!!!

:eek:

jjc
02-Oct-03, 00:11
In a previous house we had DAC and the dial-up using a modem was atrocious… it didn’t matter how many times BT tested the line, they don’t guarantee data transfer rates so as long as we could get the 14.4 connection that we were getting they were happy.

I don’t believe that they did anything to the DAC setup when we went to Broadband (at least they didn't mention it if they did)… certainly, the DAC we had was all done at the exchange and that is where the setup for Broadband is carried out. I never had an engineer visit to do anything with the hardware in/on the house

As far as I know the setup cost that you pay to your broadband provider (unless it is a deal and setup is free) covers all the work that BT have to do. I don't know if there are any clauses for non standard work, but it didn't cost anything extra on our DAC line to get broadband installed.

Hope that helps?!?