PDA

View Full Version : beetroot juice

katarina
02-Mar-09, 16:51
I have heard the benifits of drinking beetroot juice - but pray tell, where can one buy it? Not in tescos where you can buy about everything else!

Shabbychic
02-Mar-09, 17:02
I don't know where to get beetroot juice up here, maybe get it online. I eat a lot of beetroot rather that juice it. I'm a bit addicted to it and often have it instead of potatoes with a meal.

TBH
02-Mar-09, 17:10
I have heard the benifits of drinking beetroot juice - but pray tell, where can one buy it? Not in tescos where you can buy about everything else!You can buy it online, here:

http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/search/beetroot-juice/

Some general information about the benefits:

http://www.juicingbook.com/vegetables/beet/

Venture
02-Mar-09, 17:27
I have heard the benifits of drinking beetroot juice - but pray tell, where can one buy it? Not in tescos where you can buy about everything else!

Why not buy yourself a juicer and make your own. You can buy fresh pre-packed cooked beetroot from Tescos and the Co-op. Ive made mine adding tomato juice.

Julia
02-Mar-09, 18:26
I love pickled beetroot and drinking the leftover vinegar, makes my mouth water just thinking about it. :Razz

unicorn
02-Mar-09, 18:33
Why not start growing your own? I have bought some seeds to grow beetroot this year and they are white beetroot....... I assume it will taste the same :lol:

EDDIE
02-Mar-09, 19:14
Easyest thing to do would be to buy a juicer i have one never use it now u have to remember that juiced fruits tastes the sames as if you were eating it if that makes any sense juiced fruits and vegs dont tast anything like what u would taste in a carton?

Liz
02-Mar-09, 20:09
I love beetroot (both fresh and pickled) but didn't like the juice. Need a smiley wi a 'soor' face!

Margaret M.
04-Mar-09, 02:01
I don't think I would like beetroot juice by itself but one of my favorite juices is beetroot, carrots, apple and a wee bit of fresh ginger root. If you do buy a juicer, don't buy a cheap one -- they don't do a very good job and cleaning it is work. The health benefits aside, it is fun just tossing different fruits and veggies in the juicer and seeing how they taste when combined.

katarina
11-Mar-09, 16:24
thanks to all who replied. You have been very helpful.