PDA

View Full Version : Dounreay holiday dates

edayhouse
02-Mar-09, 16:09
hello is anybody able to give me dates when Dounreay is shut?
i know that they are closed in April, May, August and Xmas but looking for exact dates?

thanks

changilass
02-Mar-09, 16:23
Dounreay doesn't shut, there is always staff working all year round.

CFM
02-Mar-09, 16:36
Dounreay Holidays:

Easter: 10th and 13th April
May: 25th and 26th May
August: 3rd and 4th August
December: 25th Dec to 4th Jan

If you drop me a PM with your email address I will be happy to send you a Caithness FM 1 page calender which shows both the Dounreay and school holidays for 2009

joxville
02-Mar-09, 18:00
Dounreay doesn't shut, there is always staff working all year round.
I think that may be libellous Changi, accusing them of working. [lol]

Well done on the 3k.

changilass
02-Mar-09, 18:03
cheers Jox.

Do you mean to tell me that hubby has lied to me for the past 3 years, telling me he was working xmas day grrrrrr - if it wasn't for the fact that I like his wages that would be grounds for divorce.

joxville
02-Mar-09, 18:28
cheers Jox.

Do you mean to tell me that hubby has lied to me for the past 3 years, telling me he was working xmas day grrrrrr - if it wasn't for the fact that I like his wages that would be grounds for divorce.

I don't want to cause a marriage breakdown, and I rarely heed rumours but my source is good-the person who told me I trust implicitly.

cazmanian_minx
02-Mar-09, 21:37
cheers Jox.

The majority of Dounreay staff get the Dounreay holidays, but some positions do need to be covered 24/7/365 - he probably has one of those :D (I always found the triple time for working Christmas Day (not at Dounreay, this was somewhere else) made up for the inconvenience!)