PDA

View Full Version : Electrical appliance trouble!

BRIE
16-Feb-06, 17:49
Does anyone know of anywhere that fixes microwaves? Or playstations?
Cant live without either they both keep the kids quite!!:(

_Ju_
16-Feb-06, 18:07
Does anyone know of anywhere that fixes microwaves? Or playstations?
Cant live without either they both keep the kids quite!!:(I wouldn't know who fixes either, Brie. Butis it worth trying to fix a microwave? It would probably end upcosting more than getting a new one ( that is the consumer society we live in, unfortunately)

wickerinca
16-Feb-06, 18:09
Yep you are right Ju...........you would pay more for someone to look at it than it would take to buy a new one. Sorry:(

pedromcgrory
16-Feb-06, 18:25
the 2 shops in thurso i think do it is it not reading the game normally just needs a good cleanout .but theres a step by step that was on here some months back ,search the forum type in playstation 2 should find it

krieve
16-Feb-06, 19:05
dont know if you want to try this but here is a link for the ps2
http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars

BRIE
16-Feb-06, 20:09
One playstation is saying no data tryed cleaning it hasnt worked the other is making a grinding noise & scratching the discs.(Yes we managed to blow up 2 of them!!)
The microwave is a combi with oven & grill it isnt that old & it cost me alot so thought it might be worth trying to fix it.

BRIE
16-Feb-06, 20:12
dont know if you want to try this but here is a link for the ps2
http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars
brill website krieve thanks your a star!:grin:

connieb19
16-Feb-06, 20:15
I'm in the same boat as you brea. I come on here now instead of the playstation and the microwave breaking was the best thing ever!!
Now i have either lettuce or a slim fast for dinner..no cooking and even better no washing up!!:D

BRIE
16-Feb-06, 20:19
The microwave breaking connie was a nightmare means i have to cook real dinners now! Not my forte:cry:

connieb19
16-Feb-06, 20:30
The microwave breaking connie was a nightmare means i have to cook real dinners now! Not my forte:cry:Slim fasts a real enough dinner for me..lol:roll: Try Graham Beggs, they might fix it. Good luck..If i wasn't trying to loose weight I would probably miss it too.

krieve
16-Feb-06, 21:24
No problem Brie i found another one it was about the same as that link

wickerinca
16-Feb-06, 21:44
One playstation is saying no data tryed cleaning it hasnt worked the other is making a grinding noise & scratching the discs.(Yes we managed to blow up 2 of them!!)
The microwave is a combi with oven & grill it isnt that old & it cost me alot so thought it might be worth trying to fix it.

Which part isn't working?. Is it the microwave itself......what happens?

BRIE
16-Feb-06, 21:56
microwave lights up & turntable goes round but nothings cooking.

wickerinca
16-Feb-06, 22:09
It may be worth getting Graham's Beggs to look at it....or that other fellow up in Thurso. It doesn't sound too good but it could just be a bad connection.
Wish i could help more:(

BRIE
16-Feb-06, 22:11
thanks wickerinca.

angela5
17-Feb-06, 00:11

The Hydro Electric shop in wick has the combi's for £49..it would likely cost you more than that to fix at Graham Beggs, don't they have a £30 charge before they even look at something..