PDA

View Full Version : caithness heating scheme

krieve
16-Feb-06, 17:46
Hi i was wondering if anyone in pultney who owns there house is having the caithness heating scheme installed ?:D

tommy1979
17-Feb-06, 20:16
whits this all about??? please elaborate :)

EDIT: Ma mate Google says its a new Bio-Mass thingy getting built beside the distillery for cheaper heating....sound good to me, where do i sign????

Rheghead
17-Feb-06, 20:33
whits this all about??? please elaborate :)

EDIT: Ma mate Google says its a new Bio-Mass thingy getting built beside the distillery for cheaper heating....sound good to me, where do i sign????

Pulteney Community Heating Scheme Open Day
South School
Wick

11am-5pm

Saturday 18th Feb (tommorrow)

tommy1979
17-Feb-06, 20:37
thanks mate, was planning getting a gas line installed but after seeing the price rises today i nearly choaked on ma corn flakes!! this bio-mass sounds like a cost effective and more enviroment friendly way

brandy
17-Feb-06, 21:44
we are thinking about looking into teh open day tomorrow.. and see what its all about

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 20:12
Who else went to the open day then...sound good to me!!! i'm even more delighted with the freebies on offer..lol :grin:

ice box
18-Feb-06, 21:08
Hi i was wondering if anyone in pultney who owns there house is having the caithness heating scheme installed ?:D
Hi do you know how much it cost to get installed ?

brandy
18-Feb-06, 21:16
*frowns* didnt make it .. .the sickness bug has come back and have just now come downstairs!

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 21:19
Hi do you know how much it cost to get installed ?its about £2500 but sounds well worth it..

brandy
18-Feb-06, 21:25
are there any schemes for payment or grants ?

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 21:29
are there any schemes for payment or grants ?There's grants if you are over 60 and don't already have heating..and yes, there is payment schemes. Sounds good!!:grin:

2little2late
18-Feb-06, 22:04
If you are a council tenant and on the Pultney side of Wick there is no charge for installation. Not everyone has to have it either. But if you decide at a later date you would like it, it will be installed.

The cost for the heating is between £7.50 and £9.00 per week. (Can't remember the exact price. Regardless of how much or how little it is used it costs the same every week). So, you can have as many baths per day, use as much water or keep your central heating on full all day it still costs the same price.

What with the energy prices going up in March we are in a win, win situation.

Any tenant who owns their property can have the heating installed at a discounted price.

connieb19
18-Feb-06, 22:08
Will the Wick side be getting it at some point?

2little2late
18-Feb-06, 22:12
Will the Wick side be getting it at some point?

That I do not know.

ice box
18-Feb-06, 22:13
Doutit connie lets just see if we get it first lol

krieve
18-Feb-06, 22:27
If you are a council tenant and on the Pultney side of Wick there is no charge for installation. Not everyone has to have it either. But if you decide at a later date you would like it, it will be installed.

The cost for the heating is between £7.50 and £9.00 per week. (Can't remember the exact price. Regardless of how much or how little it is used it costs the same every week). So, you can have as many baths per day, use as much water or keep your central heating on full all day it still costs the same price.

What with the energy prices going up in March we are in a win, win situation.

Any tenant who owns their property can have the heating installed at a discounted price.
how much of a discount do you get if you own your house?

2little2late
18-Feb-06, 22:33
Please don't qoute me on this but, it may be less than £2000. I know it would end up being cheaper than if Scottish gas installed it. There would also be no service charge as such, I think this is incorporated in the weekly cost. At the end of the day we will be better off.

krieve
18-Feb-06, 22:37
I am tempted but i don't have 2,000 :cry: :~( :(

ice box
18-Feb-06, 22:41
Knowing the council krieve it wont be much lol.

ice box
18-Feb-06, 22:42
I am tempted but i don't have 2,000 :cry: :~( :(
You will have to stop buying a that nice cars krieve lol

2little2late
18-Feb-06, 22:45
As I said please don't qoute me on this. I may be wrong.

lhm
19-Feb-06, 10:38
The question i would be asking is the prices estimated for heating a house is at present day prices of wood but when you create a market for wood i am sure that they will increase in line with all other fuels maybe even more because if you own trees you only get one chance of making money out of them as they take so long to grow again.

connieb19
19-Feb-06, 10:40
The question i would be asking is the prices estimated for heating a house is at present day prices of wood but when you create a market for wood i am sure that they will increase in line with all other fuels maybe even more because if you own trees you only get one chance of making money out of them as they take so long to grow again.Did I imagine it or did I hear that the wood would need to be imported from other countries?

badger
19-Feb-06, 20:06
I heard they had planned to use local trees but when it came to it the owners upped the price so they are having to look elsewhere. If that's true - what a waste!

riggerboy
21-Feb-06, 22:28
no the wick side wont be getting it, it a pulteney thing and for the pulteney side only, it will however be starting very shortly but on in selected areas of pulteney, and then steming into the whole area by the end of the year.

so all ye weekers on a week side can carry on stealing each ithers coal lol