PDA

View Full Version : your own personna...

percy toboggan
01-Mar-09, 17:10
how do you see yourself ?

I'll never suffer from low self-esteem I guess but life has changed a bit in the last few years. I spend too much time on this thing and not enough out and about - partly due to slightly decreasing mobility which can and should be fixed soonish.

Avatars can convey a message, a feeling or a vibe. However, if you had the chance to publish a pic of yerself doing what you like or liked the best what would it be? (keep it clean). I'm a family man but the kids left home a long time ago now. These days I see meself as a Grandad , Dad,Husband and er...not much else at the moment.

I've been looking back through thousands of old digital pics stored on this p.c. and I like this one. The sun was shining, we were about to go out over the Snake Pass. I think my biking days are over now but this shot from 2005 encapsulates the halcyon days of middle age for me...and nobody saw fit to photograph me running down the left wing in the sixties/seventies :lol:

http://img1.PutPic.com/images/thumb/3/5917033813.jpg (http://www.PutPic.com/image/39179/4938873)

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-09, 17:13
Very nice Mr Toboggan! From what i can see it looks a very nice bike. Got any full pics?

I used to like to drink (socially) lol Can i post a pic of me drinking? [lol]

percy toboggan
01-Mar-09, 17:21
Very nice Mr Toboggan! From what i can see it looks a very nice bike. Got any full pics?

I used to like to drink (socially) lol Can i post a pic of me drinking?

Aye, if you like.
The bike was a 'Drifter' 800 from Kawasaki - a modern replica of an old Indian Chief.After riding a couple of big old Yamahas around Britain for a
few summers we bought this new in 1999. Sixteen thousand miles of joy followed.
Heres a shot of her outside a barn door, not far from Limoges - in south / central France - now that was some ride. She's gone now :confused - to a good home - a man drove 250 miles to buy her and I rode her into the back of a Ford Transit for him - not quite literally you understand ;)

http://img1.PutPic.com/images/thumb/3/5917214795.jpg (http://www.PutPic.com/image/39181/776002) born to be mild

changilass
01-Mar-09, 17:25
If I were to post a pic, it would be one that hubby took of mini changi and myself.

My back had gone (again) and I was lying on the floor in the living room, mini changi came for a cuddle and we both fell asleep cuddled up, hubby came home from work and took the pic.

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-09, 17:30
Very nice bike indeed Mr Toboggan! ;) I would love a motorbike, was going to get one but em...im very accident prone! [lol]

Aww Chingi post the pic! Wud love to see it! I have a few where me and my son has fallen asleep together in the most awkward of ways!

Im trying to choose a picture so when i do i will upload one or two.

percy toboggan
01-Mar-09, 17:32
If I were to post a pic, it would be one that hubby took of mini changi and myself.

My back had gone (again) and I was lying on the floor in the living room, mini changi came for a cuddle and we both fell asleep cuddled up, hubby came home from work and took the pic.

awww.
Hope the back is holding up these days.
What does 'changi' mean? - if anything?

percy toboggan
01-Mar-09, 17:33
[quote=ShelleyBain;511447] ;) I would love a motorbike, was going to get one but em...im very accident prone! [lol]

quote]

Mmmm...wait 'til the little 'un no longer needs you ;)
or buy an open top sports car instead.

changilass
01-Mar-09, 17:40
I was born at the hospital in Changi, Singapore when dad was based out there with the RAF.

percy toboggan
01-Mar-09, 17:45
I was born at the hospital in Changi, Singapore when dad was based out there with the RAF.

How interesting.
A decade or three earlier and you could have teamed up with Virgina McKenna on that long, long walk. It's all about timing ;)

I've just realised my geographical knowledge of that area is limited.
I was in the RAF too! also limited - just three months.

Vistravi
01-Mar-09, 19:49
I see myself as very strong amost like an concrete wall. I've been through tough tims over the last 3 years and it's only made me more determined and capable of not allowing anything to get me down or to strike me.

At 17 and a half i lost my dad to cancer and lost my mum for a couple of years. Even though i had family i felt as if i was alone as i've always been closer to my parents and siblings, and it made me grow up mighty quick and made me much more knowledgable bout the world and people.

I feel now that I can take on anything that the world and people in it have to throw at me. I'm become a cynic and more confident in myself. Now instead of letting people walk over me as some people did when i was in school, I bite back and put them back in their place now. :Razz

Valerie Campbell
01-Mar-09, 19:57
Life is full of knocks but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess. I like the bike PT. I've always fancied learning but haven't got round to it ...yet!

Bazeye
01-Mar-09, 20:13
Thought it was Billy Connolly on that bike.

porshiepoo
02-Mar-09, 12:00
First and foremost I see myself as a Mum and a Wife and then a slave lol.
Guess over the years I've lost my sense of who I am. TBH I don't know if I ever had it figured in the first place.
I was married at 18 and had Twins at 19, they're both now almost 18 and I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do.
I always said that at least when they're older I'll still be young enough to do something with my life. What I didn't realise is that being a stay at home mum can make you reclusive and withdrawn from the outside world - especially if you live with no neighbours. So now the very thought of stepping back out into the big wide world is just too daunting.

Gizmo
02-Mar-09, 13:48
How do i see myself?...in the mirror usually :p

Actually, at the moment i see myself as unemployed and bloody well frustrated about it....Grrrrr!!

Tugmistress
02-Mar-09, 14:56
how do i see myself? hmmm, don't quite know lol

i like to think i am easy to get on with, can hold a fairly intelligent conversation, got a memory like a plank of wood for names but not numbers. Fairly confident when i am in familiar surroundings, and painfully shy when out of them so usually go into 'defence mode' and can be a bit brash :roll:
i get on better with blokes than women, i think i am too straight talking for most lol

i don't have many pics of myself as i like to be behind the lens not in front, but i've attached a teeny one from a couple of years ago while out fishing.

and no i am not scary [lol]

teenybash
02-Mar-09, 15:13
Mmmm...think I am quite quiet and a good listener, though talk a lot and meet a lot of people through my work.
I love everything that lives and breaths, people animals even creep crawlies including leopard slugs..............maybe could be said I am a wee bit eccentric.

This is me.

Thumper
02-Mar-09, 15:34
I am actually quite shy,although some find that hard to believe :eek: I end up chatting away to people though so its not too bad,although to be honest its usually nerves that makes me chatter...and its usually drivel lol!Most people would describe me as outgoing,but again thats only when I get to know people(or have enough vino collapso to make me brave) so I suppose like my avatar I tend to hide until i know its safe to come out :roll: x

ShelleyCowie
02-Mar-09, 18:16
Ok, i would see myself as the family type! I am a mother to a gorgeous son, girlfriend to my awsome boyfriend, also love his 2 wee boys! They are hilarious!

Here is a picture of me, my partner (Chris) and my son Athrun. Dont laugh at how i look please! lol.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4834/16344407.jpg

Julia
02-Mar-09, 18:33
Here is a picture of me, my partner (Chris) and my son Athrun. Dont laugh at how i look please! lol.

That's an unusual name, what does it mean?

ShelleyCowie
02-Mar-09, 18:55
That's an unusual name, what does it mean?

Athrun means Hero. Is japanese. :Razz (Alot o people thought it was Arthur and we had mis-spelled it! lol)

teenybash
02-Mar-09, 20:29
Ok, i would see myself as the family type! I am a mother to a gorgeous son, girlfriend to my awsome boyfriend, also love his 2 wee boys! They are hilarious!

Little Athrun is so like you Shelley......nice to see the faces of other orgers.:D

ShelleyCowie
02-Mar-09, 20:53
Little Athrun is so like you Shelley......nice to see the faces of other orgers.:D

He is really like me Teenybash! Poor boy! [lol] He is only 2 1/2 months old there, he is a big pudding now though.

i wonder if more people kno me now they have seen a photo :lol:

arana negra
02-Mar-09, 20:58
Pain in the butt thats me :lol:

and here is me in 2007.

http://forum.caithness.org/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=318

and our bike.

http://forum.caithness.org/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=319

Ash
02-Mar-09, 21:11
[quote=arana negra;512022]Pain in the butt thats me :lol:

and here is me in 2007.

http://forum.caithness.org/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=318

love ur outfit! :D very pretty

Ash
02-Mar-09, 21:14
this is me and my lovely wee family on my 21st over a year ago

teenybash
03-Mar-09, 00:19
this is me and my lovely wee family on my 21st over a year ago

What a pretty happy wee daughter you have.........lovely.

Sporran
03-Mar-09, 09:17
This is me six weeks ago, January 2009.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8734/phpshjfzjpm.jpg

teenybash
03-Mar-09, 13:42
I don't know about everyone else but these pics of orgers are great and it is lovely to put faces to some hope more piccys are put on.:)

ShelleyCowie
03-Mar-09, 16:02
I don't know about everyone else but these pics of orgers are great and it is lovely to put faces to some hope more piccys are put on.:)

I agree Teenybash! ;)

Sporran
03-Mar-09, 22:29
I agree too. Come on folks, don't be shy! :)

Invisible
03-Mar-09, 22:59
This is me, doing not so bad in Smith and Jones pub in Inverness last week.
As far as personal personna goes i dont really care if im in fashion, i wear whats comfy and try not to look a mess.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6101/1000496.jpg

Sporran
04-Mar-09, 17:26
Looks like the ladies took you by surprise, lol, Invisible! :D

Which one was Smith, and which one was Jones? ;)

Tugmistress
04-Mar-09, 18:17
Quite scary really, i've just been having a tidy round and looking for some paperwork when i came across an old album, actually taken 10 years ago this month! this is one shot (i took photo's of the photo's lol) from when i was 'model for a day' :eek:

Sporran
04-Mar-09, 18:29
Wow, you look lovely in that photo, Tugmistress! :)

unicorn
04-Mar-09, 18:50
Wow Tuggs.........I would never have guessed that was you :eek: wuman go get a haircut [lol]

Tugmistress
04-Mar-09, 18:57
Wow Tuggs.........I would never have guessed that was you :eek: wuman go get a haircut [lol]

hahahaha it's long in that picture too, same hairstyle ten years later!

percy toboggan
04-Mar-09, 18:58
As far as personal personna goes i dont really care if im in fashion, i wear whats comfy and try not to look a mess.

Could be they were intent upon snogging each other and didn't realise you were there...Invisible;)

unicorn
04-Mar-09, 19:00
hahahaha it's long in that picture too, same hairstyle ten years later!
ok then it must be the boilersuit [lol]

Tugmistress
04-Mar-09, 19:01
ok then it must be the boilersuit [lol]
aye, the boiler suit and the wrinkles now! lol

unicorn
04-Mar-09, 19:03
wrinkles..................laughter lines :D

Invisible
04-Mar-09, 21:52
Could be they were intent upon snogging each other and didn't realise you were there...Invisible;)

ha you could be right but i aint complaining

joxville
04-Mar-09, 22:31
Good pic Alice. Who's the ginger-haired fella? [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
04-Mar-09, 22:34
Hey Jox you handsome person you . I just love a man whos lets see folically challenged...................;) Loved your pic by the way ....... I was expecting you to be in your underpants cant think why. :D

joxville
04-Mar-09, 22:44
Hey Jox you handsome person you . I just love a man whos lets see folically challenged...................;) Loved your pic by the way ....... I was expecting you to be in your underpants cant think why. :D
Probably cos I've mentioned in previous posts of being a naturist. Canna post those pics though. ;)

wifie
04-Mar-09, 22:46
Probably cos I've mentioned in previous posts of being a naturist. Canna post those pics though. ;)

Phew! [lol] Jokin! Jokin! Heck I will never get a scone now!

joxville
04-Mar-09, 22:54
Quite scary really, i've just been having a tidy round and looking for some paperwork when i came across an old album, actually taken 10 years ago this month! this is one shot (i took photo's of the photo's lol) from when i was 'model for a day' :eek:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5333/tugs.jpg

You never said you were a babe! [lol]

< Shines head, sprays deodorant >

Gizmo
04-Mar-09, 23:35

So which one are you?, the one on the left or the one on the right?, and if you think you're 'Doing alright' with the baby faced loon in the middle then i hev til say yer noh fussy..:lol:

I hope he was sitting in the family area, what did his mum and dad think about you planting smakers on his moosh?, at least there was no chance of stubble rash :lol:

Invisible
04-Mar-09, 23:39
So which one are you?, the one on the left or the one on the right?, and if you think you're 'Doing alright' with the baby faced loon in the middle then i hev til say yer noh fussy..:lol:

I hope he was sitting in the family area, what did his mum and dad think about you planting smakers on his moosh?, at least there was no chance of stubble rash :lol:

Im the baby faced loon in the middle, btw i didnt get it if you were being sarcastic. [disgust] lolzers

wifie
04-Mar-09, 23:57
It looks like an ad for 'at stuff 'at stinks
What's it's name? Oh aye Lynx!
Invisible looks like a happy loon
Doon 'ere visitin in 'e beeg toon
Oh I forget Sneckie is now a city
Smith and Jones must have thought him witty
Did he read them a rhyme or tell them a joke?
Och the Org has got some really nice folk

:o)

butterfly
05-Mar-09, 00:13

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4834/16344407.jpg[/quote]
ah what a lovely pic shelley.and your oh sooooo handsome too lol!:lol:

Invisible
05-Mar-09, 00:14
It looks like an ad for 'at stuff 'at stinks
What's it's name? Oh aye Lynx!
Invisible looks like a happy loon
Doon 'ere visitin in 'e beeg toon
Oh I forget Sneckie is now a city
Smith and Jones must have thought him witty
Did he read them a rhyme or tell them a joke?
Och the Org has got some really nice folk

:o)

thats really good,

and its topical tooo. Thanks there wifie :D

Gizmo
05-Mar-09, 00:18
Im the baby faced loon in the middle, btw i didnt get it if you were being sarcastic. [disgust] lolzers

Aye...i knew which one was you, wasn't being sarky though, just used you for comedic effect seeing as you never pointed out in your original post who you were, and the the fact that you don't actually look old enough to be allowed in a pub on your own :D

ShelleyCowie
05-Mar-09, 00:19

ah what a lovely pic shelley.and your oh sooooo handsome too lol!:lol:[/quote]

haha yeah he is a handsome chap! Disna look his age anyways lol. But thats ma happy wee family, well my OH's 2 other kiddies are missin, i have plenty o photos o them wee monkeys tho!

Ahh Athrun looks so small there too!

butterfly
05-Mar-09, 00:24
now that i know what you look like shelley i am gonna be keeping an eye oot for you,especially when i am at pets at home lol!

ShelleyCowie
05-Mar-09, 00:29
now that i know what you look like shelley i am gonna be keeping an eye oot for you,especially when i am at pets at home lol!

Ahh no! lol. Well i was there today...;) If u ever see me come and say who u are please! :D Would be grand to meet u!

butterfly
05-Mar-09, 00:55
oh dont you worry shelley i will make myself known to you!its also nice to put a face to alice in blunderland .i have met her in real life and she is a very nice lassie.

Gizmo
05-Mar-09, 01:00
oh dont you worry shelley i will make myself known to you!its also nice to put a face to alice in blunderland .i have met her in real life and she is a very nice lassie.

Do you work in Pets At Home?

butterfly
05-Mar-09, 03:43
Do you work in Pets At Home?

no gizmo,its just that i am more than likely gonna see shelley there at some point because of all her cute furry friends(like yourself)she canna resist and has to feed.[lol]

Fran
05-Mar-09, 04:25
This is me and the late robby, who was also an orger.

Sporran
05-Mar-09, 06:55
Nice pic of you both, Fran. :) What kind of bike were you on?

Alice, your gown is gorgeous! :cool: I prefer it to the one Weeboyagee's "wife" was wearing! ;)

Fran
05-Mar-09, 15:52
The bike was a suzuki , it was himselfs pride and joy!!

percy toboggan
05-Mar-09, 18:15
not a bad thread this...keep 'em coming.
please.

ShelleyCowie
06-Mar-09, 19:34
not a bad thread this...keep 'em coming.
please.

Mr Toboggan u jixed it! They stopped posting photos. Jokin.

Sporran
07-Mar-09, 23:12
Be brave, people, and join in! Don't be shy!

Arana Negra, I meant to mention how much I love your beautiful gown and parasol. Such a romantic outfit, and the green at the bottom of the dress finishes it off nicely. :)

Invisible
03-Apr-09, 22:29
Just trying to help others re-generate this thread.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
03-Apr-09, 23:02
My personna is I'm bald,tall and like a laugh.I don't need to put a picture up here,cos I'm an evil clown."Are you Cedric?",I have been asked on many occassion.There's good folk on here,I know cos I've met them.A few have been banned,a good few are still here.You want a picture of me,naw come up and say hello.
One of the funniest folk I have met on the org is a guy who I still have a laugh with outside a computer monitor.:lol:

Vistravi
04-Apr-09, 14:25
Heres a pic of me;)

upolian
04-Apr-09, 21:02

woooooo check out the blonde :D