PDA

View Full Version : The Changling

golach
01-Mar-09, 11:48
I went to see The Changling in error, not the movie I thought I was supposed to see, I was not amused, but I did enjoy it, I am glad I did no walk out when I first realised I was at the wrong movie, Angelina Jolie was fantastic in this true story of 1930's Los Angeles

Sporran
10-Mar-09, 14:06
We rented "Changeling" at the weekend, and it was brilliant! (Not to be mistaken with 1980's "The Changeling", starring George C Scott). It begins in 1928 Los Angeles, and is based on a true story. Angelina Jolie plays the part of single mother Christine Collins, who returns home to find her 9 year old son Walter is missing. Several months later, the Los Angeles Police Department tell her they have found him alive and well, but the boy they "return" to her is not Walter, but another child. The boy claims to be Walter, and when Christine protests that he is not her son, the police insist that he is. They tell her she is confused and stressed, and make her take the boy home. She does so unwillingly. Time goes on, and the boy continues to claim that he is Walter, and Christine continues to claim that he is not. After confronting the police and city authorities, she is villified as an unfit mother and branded delusional. But she's not, of course. All she wants is to find her real son....

It's an intriguing drama, that makes you feel as if you're really transported back in time to 1928 Los Angeles. This is in part due to the wonderful cinematography, and close attention to detail. The acting is superb by all the cast, not just Angelina Jolie. And it was all done under the expert direction of Clint Eastwood, who also wrote the great musical score. I highly recommend this film. It's a "must see"!

percy toboggan
10-Mar-09, 20:21
I went to see The Changling in error, not the movie I thought I was supposed to see, I was not amused, but I did enjoy it, I am glad I did no walk out when I first realised I was at the wrong movie, Angelina Jolie was fantastic in this true story of 1930's Los Angeles

What did you intend seeing Golach?

golach
10-Mar-09, 20:54
What did you intend seeing Golach?
Thought I was going to see "A Body of Lies", I was a week too early, but saw that the next week, it was well worth the wait