PDA

View Full Version : I knew i should not have gone in....

ShelleyCowie
28-Feb-09, 17:08
Well today i went to pets at home, there were 2 lonely gerbils that were for adoption because nobody wanted them. So i took it upon myself to give them a home! I have one grey and one white, they are sisters.

Will put a picture on later after they have settled into their new habitat! :Razz

Stuck on names though.....help anyone?

wifie
28-Feb-09, 17:10
Shelley and Alana? [lol]

Blondie
28-Feb-09, 17:13
I knew you wouldn't come out empty handed :lol:

Put the pic on and then we can see what names suit them!

I love gerbils. My son has 2 and they are so friendly. Great fun to watch as well.

cuddlepop
28-Feb-09, 17:13
Salt & Pepper.:D

You'll soon have no room for humans.

Blondie
28-Feb-09, 17:15
Paris & Britney?

neepnipper
28-Feb-09, 17:21
I'm so glad they've gone to a new home, they are really lovely gerbils!

ShelleyCowie
28-Feb-09, 17:51
I'm so glad they've gone to a new home, they are really lovely gerbils!

I was glad to give them a home! felt so bad that nobody wanted them, cant understand why!

I cant get a picture just now because they wont sit still! The white one though is a wee escape artist. Constantly digging and trying to escape already! Its entertainment, the grey one is alot quieter, sleeping just now.

And my cat Fintan sat and watched them for 5 minutes then got bored of them because he knew he cudna get to them! [lol]

Liz
28-Feb-09, 18:48
Gerbils are lovely.

Well done for giving them such a good home.

Looking forward to seeing their photos.:D

teenybash
28-Feb-09, 20:56
Two more happy family pets....lovely.:)

ShelleyCowie
28-Feb-09, 23:47
Well i recieved a couple of PM's, and the 2 people suggested the same names. Gizmo and Jox. :roll: So Gizmo is the white Gerbil that is the wee escape artist, constantly digging around and tryin to get out. Jox is the grey gerbil that is a bit more layed back and funny.

I cant seem to get a picture of "Jox" though because she runs away when she see's the camera. Gizmo on the other hand continues to try to escape. So this is Gizmo hard at work.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7773/dsc00827.jpg

And again.......

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4316/dsc00822q.jpg

unicorn
28-Feb-09, 23:50
Just be careful if that base is plastic or she will escape faster than you can blink :eek: it is amazing how fast a gerbil can get through plastic once they start chewing it. They love to burrow too. I had 2 in a 3 foot fish tank 3/4 full of shavings with a mesh lid hubby made for it and they loved it.

ShelleyCowie
28-Feb-09, 23:55
Just be careful if that base is plastic or she will escape faster than you can blink :eek: it is amazing how fast a gerbil can get through plastic once they start chewing it. They love to burrow too. I had 2 in a 3 foot fish tank 3/4 full of shavings with a mesh lid hubby made for it and they loved it.

Yeah i will keep an eye on the plastic. There was another cage i wanted but the lassie recommended this one and just make sure they dont chew through it. When i get a bit more money then i will get another cage. :Razz

They have lots of wee logs and things to chew just now anyways.

teenybash
28-Feb-09, 23:56
Little Jox might be away planning mischief so.....watch out. gizmo is soooo white. Georgeous.:)

unicorn
28-Feb-09, 23:59
Just stick an advert on for a fishtank, If you get a 3 foot one let me know cos I still have the lid hubby made. They are great to watch in a tank and if you add some hay to the shavings they make even better tunnels.