PDA

View Full Version : How many orgers.......?

Bazeye
28-Feb-09, 15:44
Do you actually know personally? Ill start the ball rolling with a grand total of none.

honey
28-Feb-09, 15:46
i sometimes wonder if i know certain posters, but im never quite sure enough to ask them (just in case im wrong)

I know who a 1 or 2 are though..

Bobinovich
28-Feb-09, 15:49
I have been fortunate enough to meet loads through various Thurso nights out as well as through my work. I've yet to meet one I can't have a good laugh with - a finer bunch (of nutters!) you've never met :lol:

balto
28-Feb-09, 15:51
i know who a couple are, but a lot know who i am unfair advantage me thinks.

unicorn
28-Feb-09, 16:10
I know a few. :lol:

Gizmo
28-Feb-09, 16:12
Zappster, You Old Duffer, Bons Balls and Trix i'm friends with, and i recently met Kevin Wilkins, who seems like a fine fella with a good sense of humour.
A couple of others i know who they are, but i detest them both.

wifie
28-Feb-09, 16:27
Heaps - it amazes me how many I have met and so far they are all a great laugh! :D (I was gonna say I resented bein called a nutter but och what the heck! [lol])

joxville
28-Feb-09, 16:27
The only one I've met is Wifie. There are many I'd like to meet, the furry fella above me is one of them, Kevin Milkins, Tugs, Bobinovich, Twiglet to name a few. Someday I might make it to one of the curry nights. A former colleague comes on this site but I don't know if he's registered.

PS If you should meet wifie, buy her a scone or you'll never hear the end of it. :D

davie
28-Feb-09, 16:33
I only know one - although she is 'scarey' I quite fancy her.

stiggy
28-Feb-09, 16:36
Like a few of you I know a hand full and at least one of them is definately a Hand Full and hey you know who you are. All of the ones I have met are a great crack and are definately friends who have been well worth making.
Especially Hand full as that one can be a saviour.

unicorn
28-Feb-09, 16:40
ohhh love blossoms on the org again ..........:D

wifie
28-Feb-09, 16:53

Dinna let jox hear you saying that!!! :eek:

cuddlepop
28-Feb-09, 17:23
I've met two and stayed over with one,who was a great hostess.:D

One I've just spoken to on the phone,really miffed I was to ill to meet up for coffee.:(

ITSONLYME
28-Feb-09, 17:45
i no 1 or 2 of the orgers too

ShelleyCowie
28-Feb-09, 17:49
I know a few, Moonboots, Devils Sidekick, Alanabain (obviously), Bobinovich, Balto....there is likely a few more but i cana mind just now!

I swear i know Gizmo....its actually still bugging me Gizmo! :confused

Would love to meet all of u tho, but im shy! :eek:[lol]

Tugmistress
28-Feb-09, 18:36
blimey, i met a few, i'll probably miss a few out but here goes ..
davie
wifie
miknhev
bobinovich
rie
rheghead
unicorn
alanatkie
lazytown
chef4celebrations
YFN :roll:
lizz
inorg
changilass
golach
canuck
tedo
northlight
psyberyeti

as i said i've probably met a few unknown to me too :lol:

and davie - i am not scary! ;)

joxville
28-Feb-09, 18:39
blimey, i met a few, i'll probably miss a few out but here goes ..
davie
wifie
miknhev
bobinovich
rie
rheghead
unicorn
alanatkie
lazytown
chef4celebrations
YFN :roll:
lizz
inorg
changilass
golach
canuck
tedo
northlight
psyberyeti

as i said i've probably met a few unknown to me too

and davie - i am not scary!

You get around! :D

Alice in Blunderland
28-Feb-09, 18:48
Ive met/know a few orgers around twenty or so and of course Canuck introduced me to the handsome and elusive Dr Szin..................... :D :D

Tugmistress
28-Feb-09, 18:58
You get around! :D

haha, yes i suppose i do. i find it interesting if someone i meet is an orger, and which orger they are, usually i am way off the mark on what they are like in my head to reality lol

wifie
28-Feb-09, 19:00
LOL Tugs me too - don't think I have got one right! [lol]

ShelleyCowie
28-Feb-09, 19:02
haha, yes i suppose i do. i find it interesting if someone i meet is an orger, and which orger they are, usually i am way off the mark on what they are like in my head to reality lol

Im the same, I totally would not have known what awsome abs Jox has! And i know what Gizmo looks like, but if i were to meet any orgers i would likely still call them by their org names. [lol]

feegilmour
28-Feb-09, 19:05
i no 1 my sister

Alice in Blunderland
28-Feb-09, 19:49
http://www.caithness.org/photos/fpb/april2006/raymondbremner40birthday/rb3.jpg

I think a few of us know Weeboyagee... not sure about that dummy of a wife he has she never did say much....glad he got rid of her :lol:

daviddd
28-Feb-09, 19:53
I know Mother Bear somewhat vaguely, and so does Tugs, but I wouldn't know Tugs lol. If I saw Jox I would call him Kate. Bobinovich will look like Bill Gates and Gizmo will look exactly like his avatar (so I will probably cross the road if I see him ahead).

daviddd
28-Feb-09, 19:54
http://www.caithness.org/photos/fpb/april2006/raymondbremner40birthday/rb3.jpg

I think a few of us know Weeboyagee... not sure about that dummy of a wife he has she never did say much....glad he got rid of her :lol:
I dunno about that Alice - looks like she wouldn't give any lip...

I take it Weeboyagee plays his organ?

Julia
28-Feb-09, 20:35
I've met Rheghead, Elenna, Changilass, Ginajade, Newpark, Brie, Kriklah, KevinMilkins, Bobinovich, Angela5, Weeboyagee, Fran, KCI, Liz and Crustyroll to name but a few.

Tugmistress
28-Feb-09, 21:02
I know Mother Bear somewhat vaguely, and so does Tugs, but I wouldn't know Tugs lol. If I saw Jox I would call him Kate. I also know an Orger called Cate (not her .org ID of course)
Bobinovich will look like Bill Gates and Gizmo will look exactly like his avatar (so I will probably cross the road if I see him ahead).

ah yes, i met mother bear a week or so ago, really nice lady! also know Kas, seabird, solus and i'm sure i'll still think of more!

poppett
28-Feb-09, 21:22
You nearly met poppett last week at the chippie Tugs, you arrived just after we left.

I know Bobinovich (computer maister) and Moonboots (right next door) & I briefly met Kathy@watten a few weeks ago.

Bet lots of folk know me though !!

A "lady" was taken for poppett last week and she was "not amused".

Kenn
28-Feb-09, 21:26
At the last count some 60 of which many have become great friends and valued acquaintances.

Metalattakk
28-Feb-09, 21:31
A couple of others i know who they are, but i detest them both.

I know about 15 orgers, and know of about another 15 or 20 - I know who they are, but don't know them personally.

I can't really say whether I like them or not, all I know of them is their posts here, and that's nowhere near enough information to form a sensible opinion on.

Edit: Just trawled the member's list and the exact figures are 17/26.

celtic lass
28-Feb-09, 21:45
i know just 2 taylor 4 and telford star but they dont know me i dont think

poppett
28-Feb-09, 22:32
Had a senior moment there .... forgot I know Bobandag16. I should do, he`s my dad.

Know of Plumber, through my dad. Think we met in Fraser`s shop queue once ages ago.

NLP
01-Mar-09, 00:08
I'd say I know 7, all I can think of at the moment.

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-09, 00:19
Ahh wait i know DeHaviLand too, and Hell Raizer. Still thinking though...[lol]

DeHaviLand
01-Mar-09, 01:25
I know, the lovely Thumper, the lovely ShelleyBain, the lovely Trix, the lovely Reddevil, the lovely Floyed.......... can you see a pattern emerging here?

And theres a few more that I would like to meet!;)

Anne x
01-Mar-09, 02:13
Does it matter really how many who knows who as this is Cyberspace at the end of the day its a website all be it a very friendly and excellent one
I did not realise it was a who knows who contest
I have chatted with a few I would call friends I comunicate with loads daily and enjoy it immensly
I found old friends and made new friends
I share secrets worries and troubles with a select few at the end of the day I suppose thats what makes the org THE org

taylor.4
01-Mar-09, 08:29
i know just 2 taylor 4 and telford star but they dont know me i dont think i no who you are celtic lass ha ha the name gives it away :lol:[lol]

Ricco
01-Mar-09, 10:15
Well, none that I know of... but I bet there are some that I used to know when I lived in Thurso.

young_fishin_neep
01-Mar-09, 12:40
I know quite a few but wouldnt bother trying to name them all as i dont want to offend anyone by missing them out but a few i know are bobinovich, golach, wifie, canuck, changilass, alanatkie, lazytown, rie, miknhev, twiglet, TUGS ofcourse as shes my mum, and there loads more but my brains gone blank :D

xxxx

young_fishin_neep
01-Mar-09, 12:41
Im the same, I totally would not have known what awsome abs Jox has! And i know what Gizmo looks like, but if i were to meet any orgers i would likely still call them by their org names. [lol]

mum calls me by my org name when we at home she always calls me neep most orgers that know me call me it too says alot about me really :)

xxx

Alice in Blunderland
01-Mar-09, 12:48
I dunno about that Alice - looks like she wouldn't give any lip...

I take it Weeboyagee plays his organ?

Oh there was a huge thread about Weeboyagee who was missing with his organ one weekend :lol: .................funniest thread I had posted on in a long time.................some peoples mucky minds went riot.

To answer your question yes he plays his organ and a few others :eek: ;)

horseman
01-Mar-09, 16:08
Can't say as I know you neep-or your lovely mum-but you come across as several of my g-sons an that is good enough for me:D

teenybash
01-Mar-09, 16:45
I don't know any orgers...................isn't that sad......Everyone say, Aaaawe.
Maybe I have met some but didn't know I had................who knows.

Hibeechick
01-Mar-09, 16:59
I know a few. Most recently met Wifie and met trucker the other week aswell. Im almost more than certain I have been in a bar the same time as Golach too!

Bazeye
01-Mar-09, 20:07
Ill probably be seen by a few orgers during a couple of weeks in the summer, if you like a tipple that is.:)

TRUCKER
01-Mar-09, 20:15
i know wifie/tuggs hibeechick for speaking to. know julia, alice in blunderland for seeing them going about.

Loafer
01-Mar-09, 21:23
Do you actually know personally? Ill start the ball rolling with a grand total of none.

Well there's my wife Solastar for a start. I know Mr P Cannop although he might not remember me and I know Future legends very well too. I know Highlander (Shh, I think she used to babysit me years ago!!!). There are a few more who I am pretty sure I know who they are through names and their posting styles, but that's he fun of it, isn't it????

The Loafer

rockchick
01-Mar-09, 22:51
I can't count how many Orgers I've met...but I must say, every Orger I've met has been worth meeting. We're a great bunch!

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-09, 22:59
How could i forget i know Ash!! :Razz

hotrod4
02-Mar-09, 07:27
For all I know I probably work with some!!! Not knowing just adds to the mystery as i have a mental picture in my head. And some orgers are mental!!!!!;)

Thumper
02-Mar-09, 15:42
I have met a few,Anneoctober,Rie,Dehaviland,Alanatkie,Lazytown, Morganria and Airdlass,infact Airdlass and I have become very good friends!Theres probably more that I have met that I dont know that they are orgers!Oh and Bobinovich was the year above me in primary school...small world eh?[lol]But I only know that cos someone told me who he was in "real life" x

teddybear1873
02-Mar-09, 19:58
I know a few, Moonboots, Devils Sidekick, Alanabain (obviously), Bobinovich, Balto....there is likely a few more but i cana mind just now!

I swear i know Gizmo....its actually still bugging me Gizmo! :confused

Would love to meet all of u tho, but im shy! :eek:[lol]

And you know me you slaphead.

Ash
02-Mar-09, 20:00
How could i forget i know Ash!! :Razz

aaauw thanks shelley
i know a few orgers

ShelleyCowie
02-Mar-09, 20:01
And you know me you slaphead.

Do i.............slaphead sounds awfully familiar! :confused

Elenna
03-Mar-09, 02:31
I have just over 35 orgers I have met where I am certain of faces to nicknames...some of those I know quite well, others I have chatted to a time or two, and a few I haven't been much more than introduced. Theres about another half-dozen who I'm sure are on here, but I don't know what their nicknames are...and then likely a few others who know who I am, but I don't know them at all! :lol:

But everyone I have met are very nice, interesting people, and I am pleased to have had the opportunity to meet them...all by having first 'met' them on the Org :) .

alanatkie
03-Mar-09, 10:42
Sorry if i forget anybody but to name a few

lazytown :roll:, bobinovich, wifie, changilass, bobsgirl, rie, miknhev, twiglet, Tugs, lotsoflovelorraine, Thumper, Morganria, Donnalee1994, Cedric, Secondcoming, Charlatans, Highlander, Foxy, alastair Harper, Lizz, donnasmithy27, Unicorn, jekyllnhyde, John Baikie & there is no forgetting neep!!

I'm sure there are more but just canna think just now.

balto
03-Mar-09, 11:15
well i know a few i think, firstly my good mates justine and router, shelleybain,ash,unicorn, alice in blunderland,weeboyagee and last but not least my big sister misty woman, oh also sm1(my cuz).

joxville
03-Mar-09, 16:21
I think the Org is missing out on a good way of raising some funds that could be donated to charity. With summer on the way perhaps t-shirts with the Caithness.org logo could be sold, identifying fellow orgers and allowing a conversation to strike up with someone you'd probably not normally notice! It would be a good ice-breaker methinks.

Tugmistress
03-Mar-09, 16:29
I think the org already sells t-shirts? but it would be funny if they did one 'Are you an Orger or an Ogre?' [lol]

joxville
03-Mar-09, 16:44
I think the org already sells t-shirts? but it would be funny if they did one 'Are you an Orger or an Ogre?' [lol]
Do they-hmmm, news to me. Anyway, since I live in Hampshire I'm not likely to see one every day. :D

Memo to self: Investigate first before opening gob.

floyed
03-Mar-09, 18:12
Well i know a couple o orgers some personally some just cause i know who they are -

Trix, Thomas farmer, Miranda, Tommy1979, Dehaviland, Karia, Gizmo, Router, Justine, Brandy

oldmarine
04-Mar-09, 00:41

I personally met only one.

joxville
04-Mar-09, 00:42
I personally met only one.
Same here but I hope to improve on the experience. [lol][lol][lol]

wifie
04-Mar-09, 00:43
Same here but I hope to improve on the experience.

:~( :~( :~( And I never even got a scone!

Sporran
04-Mar-09, 00:50
I have met two Orgers in person this century, and a few more in the last. In the latter case, that was long before any of us were Orgers, of course!

devil's sidekick
04-Mar-09, 01:08
i know 5 people but im sure there is another one

AfternoonDelight
04-Mar-09, 12:45
I know personally - Hibeechick, Dunbrake, Blondie, Gizmo, Julia, John Baikie, Trix, lelebo, Davidd, Wicklad08,

Have met Unicorn and Isb1

and I know who buggyracer and Liz are...

I bet not many of them know who I am though! :Razz