PDA

View Full Version : Crash

scotsboy
16-Feb-06, 11:30
Anyone watched this movie?

I watched it on a flight to Vienna late last year and since then have bought the DVD and watched it again - fantastic, highly recommended.

Not wishing to point fingers but I can sport some of the characters on here:)

........and I can also spot myself;)

Julia
16-Feb-06, 13:57
Not yet but it's on my A list!

wickerinca
16-Feb-06, 16:11
Might have to go and get it now!!!:lol:

landmarker
16-Feb-06, 18:06
It's one I fancy, I've heard it's good but dunno the plot.
Give us the jist of it?

Watched 'Monster' t'other neet - excellent and recommended.

Donnie
16-Feb-06, 18:46
Plot Outline: Several characters of different racial backgrounds collide in one incident, The different stereotypes society has created for those backgrounds affect their judgment, beliefs and actions, This in turn causes problems for each of them.

I rented this on Burns Night. The only reason I got it was because the writer/directors surname is Haggis. I was pleasantly surprised and would recommend it to anyone.

landmarker
16-Feb-06, 19:57
[QUOTE=Donnie]I rented this on Burns Night. The only reason I got it was because the writer/directors surname is Haggis.QUOTE]

It's as good a reason as any ! :-)

wickerinca
16-Feb-06, 21:24
Think that I may have to watch this........might get some hints on how to deal with 'other people!!!':lol:

scotsboy
17-Feb-06, 09:44
Taken from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375679/plotsummary

Several stories interweave during two days in Los Angeles involving a collection of inter-related characters, a black police detective with a drugged out mother and a thieving younger brother, two car thieves who are constantly theorizing on society and race, the distracted district attorney and his irritated and pampered wife, a racist veteran cop (caring for a sick father at home) who disgusts his more idealistic younger partner, a successful black Hollywood director and his wife who must deal with racist cop, a Persian-immigrant father who buys a gun to protect his shop, a Hispanic locksmith and his young daughter who is afraid of bullets, and more.

For two days in Los Angeles, a racially and economically diverse group of people pursue lives that collide with one another in unexpected ways. These interactions are always interesting, and sometimes quite unsettling. The film explores and challenges your ability to judge books by their covers.

Watch it.

wickerinca
01-Mar-06, 20:56
Sorry for dragging up an 'Old Thread' but have now watched this movie...twice!! Excellent story line and acting. Does make you think!

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 21:03
I've been meaning to watch this for a while.. It sounds quite good. As long as its better than the dire constant gardener which I was also looking forward too I will be happy!

knightofeth
01-Mar-06, 21:06
I rented this on Burns Night. The only reason I got it was because the writer/directors surname is Haggis. I was pleasantly surprised and would recommend it to anyone.

Well I want to watch it as he also made the fantastic series Due South. Which I just love and have been watching on itv3! Also the name Haggis is just snazzy!

Wizzbang
02-Mar-06, 08:17
I watched the film offshore and it is good ,
But there is another older film with the same title ... that one was very strange