PDA

View Full Version : Dog Warden

connieb19
16-Feb-06, 09:39
Grrrrrrr..... Where's the dog warden when you need her?
Just now I have not one but THREE mutts running around in my garden!!Every single day I come home to a load of dog poo at my front gate..
Do these people let the dogs run loose in the morning purposely before she comes on duty?? [mad] [mad] [mad] If only I had a gun!!!
What's even more annoying is that I've just come home after taking my own dog for a long walk!!

porshiepoo
16-Feb-06, 09:44
As angry as it gets you Connie, it may be that these dogs have escaped.

Not too long ago my great dane and GSD both escaped despite us having 4 acres and being completely enclosed. They made it all the way up to Rumster Forest and luckily someone had notified the police which is where we tried first.
I'm sure the person who had them in their garden was just as cheesed off as you are right now - and justifiably so - but we were out looking everywhere for our two and were extremely worried about them.:~(

Unless of course you see these same dogs on a regular basis![evil]

connieb19
16-Feb-06, 09:48
As angry as it gets you Connie, it may be that these dogs have escaped.

Not too long ago my great dane and GSD both escaped despite us having 4 acres and being completely enclosed. They made it all the way up to Rumster Forest and luckily someone had notified the police which is where we tried first.
I'm sure the person who had them in their garden was just as cheesed off as you are right now - and justifiably so - but we were out looking everywhere for our two and were extremely worried about them.:~(

Unless of course you see these same dogs on a regular basis![evil]This is on a daily basis..and these mutts don't belong to as considerate owners as yourself. I'm sick to the back teeth of it. People who cant look after their pets properly shouldn't have them in the first place..[mad]

porshiepoo
16-Feb-06, 09:57
Idiots! They obviously don't care about the dangers that loose dogs pose.
If you phone the police, they'll inform the dog warden. Once they've paid to get them back a few times they may think differently, if they end up not wanting them back then thats all the better for the dogs!

jac1791
16-Feb-06, 10:04
pultneys community warder does nothing about the dog mess either and in my street alone the dog warden comes up regularly and turns but just drives past the offending dogs that are always on the loose

Venture
16-Feb-06, 10:12
Beg to differ here I think the dog warden is doing a good job. She has after all only be in the job a few weeks and I know for a fact that she has lifted many dogs of the street and pulled up owners for allowing their dogs to mess on the street etc. The point in having a dog warden is to contact her if there is a problem so I suggest if you are being bothered by someone elses dogs on a regular basis then pick up the phone and talk to her. Youll get the number from the service point.

janette
16-Feb-06, 10:18
Take a photo if you can, its always evidence. Inconsiderate owners really get me down. Have tackled quite a few over the years

attidude9464
16-Feb-06, 10:46
If the dogs are there on a regular basis, why don't you get a hold of the dogs take them inside and call the dog warden who will come and take them away

Dog Warden
16-Feb-06, 16:02
I would be more than happy to respond to your complaints give me a phone on 607735. I have issued fines and numerous warnings to offenders. I have also picked up loads of dogs off the streets, i can assure you i would never just drive past a dog roaming on its own. As i have said before there is only one of me covering the whole of caithness i cant be everywhere in the 7 hours that i have each day.

jac1791
16-Feb-06, 16:20
sorry -- i ment the last guy that drove around with his own dogs in the van, didnt know that a new dog warden was on the go!!! sorry

Dog Warden
16-Feb-06, 16:44
Thats ok:D seriously though please phone me i can only help if i know what areas your talking about. cheers

melted_wellie
16-Feb-06, 17:49
Grrrrrrr..... Where's the dog warden when you need her?
Just now I have not one but THREE mutts running around in my garden!!Every single day I come home to a load of dog poo at my front gate..
Do these people let the dogs run loose in the morning purposely before she comes on duty?? [mad] [mad] [mad] If only I had a gun!!!
What's even more annoying is that I've just come home after taking my own dog for a long walk!!i hope the gun isn't to shoot the dogs Connie!!! Perhaps the owners.Maybe the dogs are attracted to some sort of smell eminating from your house.

Rheghead
16-Feb-06, 18:27
Connie, why don't you get the dogs on a leash and walk them down to the cop shop and hand them in? The owners will have to bail them out to the tune of ~£30, they won't let them out too often after that.[smirk]

sjr014
16-Feb-06, 19:48
I'm with Marlene on this one hope the gun wouldn't be for the dogs, it's really not their fault although it is frustrating it is really the responsibility of their owners.

Anyway know how you feel, my front lawn is like a battle area and it is not my dog as he doesn't get to use the front garden.

connieb19
16-Feb-06, 19:53
I pm'd the dog warden with a description of these dogs as i am at work before she comes on duty so hopefully something will be done!!:D I think I did say in an earlier post that people who can't look after their pets shouldnt get them in the first place. The bit about the gun was a figure of speach, I would never harnm an innocent animal. I wouldn't say the same about the owners though!!!![mad]

Snoopy
16-Feb-06, 21:08
Idiots! They obviously don't care about the dangers that loose dogs pose.
If you phone the police, they'll inform the dog warden. Once they've paid to get them back a few times they may think differently, if they end up not wanting them back then thats all the better for the dogs! RUBBISH!!!!

Mamabear
16-Feb-06, 21:54
probably off chasing up Millers taxi drivers for their dress code:grin:

angela5
16-Feb-06, 23:49
There will always be a problem with dog poo so many choose to ignore the fact that their dog has just dropped some..as for dogs running around i know of one who is now of our streets thanks to the good work of our new dog warden:grin:

JAWS
17-Feb-06, 00:24
Do we have a Cat Warden?

angela5
17-Feb-06, 00:28
Wish we did i'm sick of tom cats spraying on my car wheels..[mad]