PDA

View Full Version : Whats that? New Radio Show? Fresh and Original? Wow! Tell me more!

Kenneth
27-Feb-09, 12:42
New radio show on Caithness FM?? WOW!!

Monday Night

9pm - 10pm

"Tunes til 10 with Ken!!" (and Andrew)

Bringing you a selection of tunes from Bob Dylan to Bob Marley to....The Pigeon Detectives.

Mainly todays 'indie/alt rock' (whatever you like) including artists such as Elbow, Kings of Leon, Biffy Clyro, Futureheads, Oasis etc etc

with various other tunies, such as Motown classics or some spanking tunes from the 60s and 70s, such as the Kinks and the Rolling Stones

This week playin a special 'Dance' themed music show, as a tribute to the lad who DJ'd on the slot before us.

Listen in for a cringeworthy laugh and some good tunes

If you dare!

Cheers!:Razz

loganbiffy
27-Feb-09, 13:31
I'll be sure to get a listen.
Biffy Clyro Kenneth? Surely you hate such a band? Or is it only the most recent album you listen to?? :p

Nice.

Kenneth
27-Feb-09, 14:44
Pretty much just listen to their new album! But there are some tracks I like from their older ones, (really like that song, cant mind the song but mind the video has them in an American suburb, racing soapbox cars?)though the older albums, they're not as listenable to in my opinion, they sound a bit heavier? New album is great actually. Looking forward to what they will produce in the next few years.

But yes we've got a Biffy tune on for our first show, along with a few other artistes, including ur favourites Kings o Leon! Its a decent mix of tunes anyway for our first show. I'll be too scared to talk probs lol. Let the music do the talking for us.

zebedy
27-Feb-09, 15:20
they're not as listenable to in my opinion

http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/facepalm.gif

Kenneth
27-Feb-09, 15:37
is that an epic fail for me?

Well it makes sense - they've really become more popular since their last album, so obviously more people like their sound on the newest album. So they're more listenable now than they were?

Anyway just listen to e damn show! lol

loganbiffy
27-Feb-09, 15:48
They will prob not be as listenable for you Kenneth, thats fair enough like, you like what you like.
I prefer their older, harder sound.
Luckily the new demos they are doing are some of the "heaviest stuff we have ever done, also our most melodic"
It will be very interetsing to hear.
The song you were on about is called "My Recovery Injection"

Yeah, i'll check show out but will turn it off as soon as Kings of Leon punish my ears ;)

Kenneth
27-Feb-09, 15:56
Well I do look forward to whatever they produce yeh!

Yeah thats e tune!! Loved that tune!

Where does e name Biffy Clyro come from??

Jeid
27-Feb-09, 16:24
Kenneth Mcfailroy!

It's ok, I ain't too keen on Biffy either. But still, you deserved the facepalm... so here's another..

http://billdunlap.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/facepalm.jpg

loganbiffy
27-Feb-09, 16:29
[QUOTE=Kenneth;510370
Where does e name Biffy Clyro come from??[/QUOTE]

Know one but them knows, they have about 5 different answers that they give during interviews ha.

Kenneth
27-Feb-09, 16:30
Lol i love that captain picard facepalm. make it so number 1! makes me rofl. sometimes roflcopter

i dont get wat i sed was wrong? clearly their latest album is more popular. more people like it because it isnt as heavy as their previous offerings?

buddyrich
27-Feb-09, 16:33
"Tunes til 10 with Ken!!" (and Andrew)

I wonder how (Andrew) feels about having his name in brackets? Surely (Andrew) is worthy of more respect. In fact im positive (Andrew) will be the DLT of Caithness.

Good luck with the show. It's good crack being on the radio. I remember a long time ago doing an appeal for people to send in some hair for metalattakk to have transplanted onto his head so he could rejoin status quo.

Memories, memories.

Jeid
27-Feb-09, 16:50
Lol i love that captain picard facepalm. make it so number 1! makes me rofl. sometimes roflcopter

i dont get wat i sed was wrong? clearly their latest album is more popular. more people like it because it isnt as heavy as their previous offerings?

I'm afraid Biffy and heavy just don't go together

loganbiffy
27-Feb-09, 16:52
I'm afraid Biffy and heavy just don't go together

Haha, have you heard their old material? I love how they can be so gentle and so damn brutal about 7 times in one song.
Suppose it depends on what you class as "heavy"

Also, on the earlier material, some of the most complex time signatures i have ever heard. Madness.

Each to their own indeed.

But yeah, I'm sure the thread was about a radio show. :p

cmack6189
27-Feb-09, 16:56
oh god here we go...

Kenneth
27-Feb-09, 17:03
wahey, craig, u got ma £20?

I should get you two to argue about Biffy on ma show. In the Red Corner!

loganbiffy
27-Feb-09, 17:08
wahey, craig, u got ma £20?

Haha busted!

cmack6189
27-Feb-09, 17:10
haha, aye il give you it next time i see you

loganbiffy
27-Feb-09, 17:13
haha, aye il give you it next time i see you

*Cmack casually packs a suitcase and flees the country*

Kenneth
27-Feb-09, 17:38
*kenneth hunts him down like the dog he is*

hotrod4
27-Feb-09, 18:36
I would listen to the show but due to the fact that I am having my toenails pulled by a little arab man dressed as wonder woman while Mr T Smacks me about the face and calls me FOOL! I wont be able to listen. If i wasnt enjoying myself so much I would have listened!!!:lol:

P.s I'd rather have a facepalm than some napalm!![lol]

Jeid
27-Feb-09, 18:46
Haha, have you heard their old material? I love how they can be so gentle and so damn brutal about 7 times in one song.
Suppose it depends on what you class as "heavy"

Yep, got all their albums, but brutal and heavy aren't words to describe Biffy Clyro IMO, nowhere close.

loganbiffy
27-Feb-09, 23:41
Yep, got all their albums, but brutal and heavy aren't words to describe Biffy Clyro IMO, nowhere close.

B-sides, check it.
I reckon some of their stuff is heavy, on the brutal front, I was referring to the time signatures. It's ridiculous how tight they are.

A different type of heavy IMO.
We may as well make a good old IMO thread :p
Good times.

Jeid
27-Feb-09, 23:47
I hate IMO... wait... am I thinking of EMO? hrm..

Metalattakk
28-Feb-09, 00:44
I remember a long time ago doing an appeal for people to send in some hair for metalattakk to have transplanted onto his head so he could rejoin status quo.

Memories, memories.

LOL! Still waiting for all that head-candy, ass-hat! You keeping it all for yourself, or what? :D

loganbiffy
28-Feb-09, 04:28
I hate IMO... wait... am I thinking of EMO? hrm..

LOL.

I'm guessing EMO.

Blast!
28-Feb-09, 22:33
Jesus wept!

Aaldtimer
01-Mar-09, 05:06
So would you wi' nails thru' yer hands!:)

Kenneth
01-Mar-09, 15:56
Well just have a listen to the show you guys.

You could learn a thing or two with my excellent taste in music. :lol:

BigKev
02-Mar-09, 13:29
I would listen to the show but due to the fact that I am having my toenails pulled by a little arab man dressed as wonder woman while Mr T Smacks me about the face and calls me FOOL! I wont be able to listen. If i wasnt enjoying myself so much I would have listened!!!:lol:

P.s I'd rather have a facepalm than some napalm!![lol]

These are the best rap lyrics that i have heard yet!!

OMG im gona go buy me a medallion!!

Reev
02-Mar-09, 22:35
This radio show is my new number 1 favourite thing, Hair jokes, love it! :D