PDA

View Full Version : dounrey

compo
27-Feb-09, 11:41
was wondering what orgers thought of the proposed bonus for dsrl workers.

jay
27-Feb-09, 12:16
While everyone is entitled to thier opinion, I think it's no ones business but employees of DSRL - if a company wishes to give its employees a bonus its between them and is no concern of any other company working for or around them - it has nothing to do with the contractors on site. In saying that I did hear that the bit in the courier yesterday is pure speculation and that nothing has been agreed for this year as yet.

p.s. i don't (unfortunately) work for DSRL

davie
27-Feb-09, 12:30
Of course its nobodys business but that of DSRL and their employees. Remuneration should be strictly between employer/empolyee - end of.
Mind you why are these peeops getting a bonus - I have yet to meet one who will admit to doing a day's work.

golach
27-Feb-09, 15:16
If they work at Dounreay, they deserve all the bonuses they get.

Loafer
27-Feb-09, 15:17
was wondering what orgers thought of the proposed bonus for dsrl workers.

I am one of the DSRL workers who is supposed to be getting this "bonus". I can tell you now we will not be getting the figuress quoted in the papers, it is nonsense!! It is no secret tah if we hit certain targets we can earn UP TO 7% of our salaries. Recent forecasts say we are nowhere near these targets!! And anyway, even if we did make 7%, my salary wouldn't get me NEAR the £2k mentioned!!!!

The Loafer

pat
27-Feb-09, 15:33
cannot understand why folk get a bonus for doing their job.

Worked for many years nursing - did not get any bonus - did not matter how hard I and colleagues worked - we were lucky if someone said 'thank you', we did sometimes get a box of chocolates/biscuits shared at Christmas (does that count as a bonus?)

No bonuses for anyone for doing their normal work - and definitely no extra for incompetence/abseenteeism etc.

If any employer has the money to pay bonuses they should either reinvest in their company or employ more people, or pay higher rates of pay to begin.

compo
27-Feb-09, 16:52
well there we have it its no ones buisness.. mmm well if its all us taxpayers plicking up the tab then i would say it is our buisness

Bazeye
27-Feb-09, 17:20
well there we have it its no ones buisness.. mmm well if its all us taxpayers plicking up the tab then i would say it is our buisness

Especially if its Fred Goodwin and his ilk.

pat
27-Feb-09, 17:36
I object to anyone being paid with public money getting any type of bonus or increased pensions or voting themselves large pay rises and slipping it through the system - as the MPs, MSPs, councillors doquietly, we are left to pick up the tab yet again.

Andrew
27-Feb-09, 18:51
bonuses are part of performance related pay usually

sweetpea
27-Feb-09, 23:28
I object to anyone being paid with public money getting any type of bonus or increased pensions or voting themselves large pay rises and slipping it through the system - as the MPs, MSPs, councillors doquietly, we are left to pick up the tab yet again.

The way I see it, a previously agreed bonus for meeting targets is part of the pay package. If the projects go wrong and targets are not met, the bonus ain't paid. Does that make sense?

balto
27-Feb-09, 23:47
dont think it is anyone buisness apart form those concerned.